Official: Oakland Raiders 2012/2013 Season thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 03:01 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
That's cool. I just don't think it's Palmer. His receivers are TERRIBLE. Is he the best QB in the NFL... no. But he's a hell of a lot better than quite a few other guys that are on winning teams. Hell I think I'd rather have Palmer than....

Flacco
Romo
Wilson
Vick
Rivers
Sanchez
Skelton
Quinn
Henne
etc
etc
etc
etc
etc

I'd honestly put Palmer as somewhere around 8-10 as far as QB's in the NFL right now.

Few guys with more upside. Few guys going down. Hell... I'd probably take him over Eli Manning. Give him ONE solid go to receiver and he's ready to roll. He has zero guys he can have absolute faith in.

I honestly would have been happy to have the Raiders sign T.O. when we started loosing wide outs. LOL>
Now I know you're trolling
Old 12-07-2012, 03:04 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
DHB is a complimentary receiver, Denarius Moore really is the Number 1 WR for the Raiders. Streater seems to be coming along as well.

Plus you have Jacoby Ford on IR due to the Lisfranc injury.

Raiders Place WR Jacoby Ford on Injured Reserve | Bleacher Report

"Oakland rolled the dice this season when they elected not to bring in any big-name or veteran free-agent wide receivers and roll with their talented but young receiving corps.
The massive flaw of this strategy is now rearing its ugly head, as this receiving group is not just young but also injury prone.

Ford and second-year pro Denarius Moore figured to be two of the Raiders' top three receivers. Both struggled with injuries last year, and both are struggling with them this year."
Old 12-07-2012, 04:14 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Yeah... Moore is the Raiders number 1 but he's an NFL number 2 at best on most teams.

I'd say a decent line up... 1. Moore 2. DHB 3. Ford.

The problem is that the raiders pretty have one type of receiver. You can not operate an offense with one type of receiver. When the Raiders were healthy last year they were tough to beat. Hell they were tough to beat this year when they were mostly healthy.

But I think they need a true number 1... but with 1-2 more years the guys they have could be pretty solid if they can find a guy that catches everything... maybe Tim Brown will come out of retirement. LOL!

I think it would be a huge mistake messing with the QB position right now.

The puzzle pieces are mostly there. If you believe in the system don't mess with the coaches... give the players and coaches a full year to work it out. Add another offensive lineman. Add a good def lineman in the middle there. Add another DB. Draft a future QB and an RB that you can count on... or pick up a free agent. There are going to be a lot of decent RB's on the market in the next 2 seasons with these rookies going off this year and all these teams finding out they have 2/3 of the same level backs... Buffalo, NO, etc.

Hell I wouldn't mind seeing the Raiders go for one of NO's backs or for Fred Jackson. Fred and DMF are both injury prone but with both of them you can do 10-15 carries a game and hope to keep them healthy. Both guys can put up 100 yards on 15 touches when used correctly.

I think it's mostly there.

Palmer isn't the issue. Do they need a new guy... yeah.... or maybe Pryor will prove everyone wrong and turn out to be dope when his time is here. Palmer is fine for another season while they develop the rest of the team and develop his replacement.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:21 PM

Car Info: Nadda
That's cool. I just don't think it's Palmer. His receivers are TERRIBLE. Is he the best QB in the NFL... no. But he's a hell of a lot better than quite a few other guys that are on winning teams. Hell I think I'd rather have Palmer than....

Flacco
Romo
Wilson
Vick
Rivers
Sanchez
Skelton
Quinn
Henne
etc
etc
etc
etc
etc

I'd honestly put Palmer as somewhere around 8-10 as far as QB's in the NFL right now.
No way.

Brady
Rodgers
Brees
Manning
Manning
Shaub
Wilson
Luck
RGIII
A. Smith/Kaepernick
Cutler
Newton
Romo
Ponder
Roethlisberger
Fitzpatrick

There is a lot of folks on there that I think are better than Palmer. I even think Brandford is better than Palmer, and Stafford close if not better.

I don't think Palmer lands in a top 10, maybe in the top 20, still a maybe.
Old 12-07-2012, 04:37 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by iLoqin
No way.
I honestly left a couple guys out of my brain run down...

I'd say something like this...

Rodgers
Manning
Brees
Brady
Stafford
Griffin
Luck
Bradford
Ryan
Shaub
Big Ben when he's healthy
Newton

The next Group of guys is where I'd put Palmer and they're all about level to me...

Wilson
Palmer
Manning
Freeman
Cutler
Flacco
Fitz

Then there's the next group of guys
Smith
Cutler
Vick

etc

So I'd say more accurately I'd put him in the 12-15 range. Still... not terrible and with a better o-line and healthy receivers he could push up in to the top 10. The only person that's in the group above Palmer that's had to deal with the problems Palmer has is MAYBE... MAYBE Newton. And Peyton Manning. How well those receivers are looking shows how friggin good that dude really is.

I think Manning has rights to put himself in the top 3-5 QB's of all time.

All those other guys... including Newton have a... "the guy" that's HUGE

Hell Thomas is looking dope matched up with Manning. Palmer doesn't have that. It makes a big difference.

So that's more accurate... I'd say 8 was reaching a lot. 10 isn't reaching much. 12-15 is pretty accurate. Healthy receivers and a decent o-line and he's probably right there in the top 3 stats wise this year. You can't really say he's not good when he's doing that.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:58 PM

So that's more accurate... I'd say 8 was reaching a lot. 10 isn't reaching much. 12-15 is pretty accurate. Healthy receivers and a decent o-line and he's probably right there in the top 3 stats wise this year. You can't really say he's not good when he's doing that.
I lost count of the dropped ***** in their game. One guy could look hot, and then not. Like Streeter looks like he'll be starting next year or be a slot because everyone else is injured or drops the ball too often.

In any case, the franchise has to prove mediocrity rather than just plain sucking before money can be infused in the area.
Old 12-16-2012, 11:09 PM

Great game... if you consider not getting in the end zone versus the worst team in the league by record.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:46 AM
General Pimpin'

The more important part is the defense showing up.

Man I was up against Janakowski in FF... WTF! Dude scored more than my QB did in my other game.

I lost my other playoff game by 2 points! Despite having Ray Rice and Peyton Manning SUCK! and I was playing against Andre Johnson in that one... he outscored rice and manning combined. Sucks. I hate loosing in that league.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:09 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
The shutout really only speaks a little for the coaching staff considering most of these players won't be around by Week 1 next year.

It also helped that the Chiefs happen to be even worse than the Raiders. And the Chiefs had two legitimate shots to get points on the board with field goals but decided it was more important to go for it on 4th down. So, getting entirely shutout was partly the fault of Romeo trying to get his offense going instead of putting something on the board.

I'm still looking forward to this offseason to see what RM and DA can do with the draft, free agency, and work around the cap. I knew this year was going to be rough, but I don't think anyone realized it would be this rough. Next year they've got a shot at getting some players that better fit the new philosophy. I think next season will be a chance to grow and start building from scratch.