Official: Oakland Raiders 2012/2013 Season thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 01:22 AM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
Roger Goodell: NFL would help fund Oakland Raiders stadium - NFL.com

OAKLAND, Calif. -- NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said Thursday the league is willing to contribute funding to help build a stadium in Oakland to keep the Raiders in town.

Goodell said it is crucial that the Raiders improve their stadium situation. They currently play in outdated O.co Coliseum and have said they would like a more modern facility at the same location. There have been talks between the team and city officials, but nothing concrete has happened as of yet.

"It's our stage. It's part of where we present our game. It's the biggest part," Goodell said. "It's also really important to the fan experience. Having full stadiums is critical for us. We want to have our fans in the stadium, we want to make sure they have the best facilities, we want to make sure the teams can generate enough revenue to be successful and competitive."

The NFL already contributed $200 million to help fund a new stadium for the San Francisco 49ers in Santa Clara. Goodell said the league also would be able to fund a stadium for the Raiders if a deal was reached.

Goodell also said the Raiders could share the 49ers' stadium when it is scheduled to open in 2014.

"The priority is what the community and the team work out," Goodell said. "I think it's a great benefit that there's a stadium across the bay that's going to be a state-of-the-art facility. That's terrific. So that's an option if this community and the Raiders choose that. But that's a decision they have to make."

There has speculation the Raiders could move back to Los Angeles if they don't get their stadium situation resolved in the Bay Area. Goodell said there is nothing new on moving a team to Los Angeles, and it would take a three-quarters league vote for it to happen.

"It all comes down to a stadium solution," Goodell said. "If we can find the right kind of stadium solution, we'll work on a team at that point."
Old 12-07-2012, 09:43 AM

Car Info: Nadda
Umm I could care less that the raiders play there?

Their team is terrible, they've had 6 out of the last 8 years a top 10 draft pick and haven't been able to do anything with them. Maybe Huff is decent?

Their coaching is bad
Their poise is bad
They play bad football

They're 3rd place for a #1 pick, can get one if they lose out and Jacksonville and the Chiefs win.

They need an overhaul of management and players, to me that's moving to a new location.

LA needs a team, that's for sure.

Last edited by iLoqin; 12-07-2012 at 09:49 AM.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:50 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by iLoqin
Umm I could care less that the raiders play there?

Their team is terrible, they've had 6 out of the last 8 years a top 10 draft pick and haven't been able to do anything with them. Maybe Huff is decent?

Their coaching is bad
Their poise is bad
They play bad football

They're 3rd place for a #1 pick, can get one if they lose out and Jacksonville and the Chiefs win.

That has nothing to do with it. Without that stadium Oakland is up **** creak.

A new stadium could help bring some hype to the team, money to the area, jobs, etc. That's ALL good things.

Crap team or not. A new stadium, new money, new momentum... that could all help.

As for the draft picks.
Darius Heyward-Bey. I wouldn't have picked him. But he is developing and he is getting better and if he keeps working he could be just fine and be a Raider for a long time.

McFadden when healthy is awesome. He just needs to get healthy and unfortunately needs to be in a 2 back system.

Huff is decent

Nnamdi Asomugha was considered a top 3 corner when he left the Raiders. The dude shuts it down. Was a huge loss to the team.

Sebastion Janikowski. He's still here. He's still a great kicker.

Charles Woodson? One of the best DB's of all time.
Old 12-07-2012, 09:56 AM

Car Info: 2011 Spark Silver Sti 4DR
stadiums wasted on the raiders.

Sent from my i4s using i-Club
Old 12-07-2012, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
That has nothing to do with it. Without that stadium Oakland is up **** creak.

A new stadium could help bring some hype to the team, money to the area, jobs, etc. That's ALL good things.

Crap team or not. A new stadium, new money, new momentum... that could all help.

As for the draft picks.
Darius Heyward-Bey. I wouldn't have picked him. But he is developing and he is getting better and if he keeps working he could be just fine and be a Raider for a long time.

McFadden when healthy is awesome. He just needs to get healthy and unfortunately needs to be in a 2 back system.

Huff is decent

Nnamdi Asomugha was considered a top 3 corner when he left the Raiders. The dude shuts it down. Was a huge loss to the team.

Sebastion Janikowski. He's still here. He's still a great kicker.

Charles Woodson? One of the best DB's of all time.
If you can't win, you don't get people to go watch your games. I've seen empty stadiums in the NFL because the home teams suck and those stadiums look nice.

Why get rid of Woodson?
Why get rid of Bush?
McFadden has yet to finish a season, injury prone player.
Heyward bay has been subpar to say the least
<3 McClain pick, he's sucked in the system they've had and has been suspended.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:22 AM
General Pimpin'

Letting go of Woodson and Nnamdi were both bad decisions as far as I'm concerned but it was money. Nnamdi was demanding some SERIOUS money.

The Raiders should have kept woodson and moved him to safety as he aged. That was an Al Davis thing if I remember correctly.

McFadden is way talented but yes... injury prone and needs another back.

Letting Bush go was basically because he did really well in place of McFadden and he wanted a chance to be the guy and they were hoping the McFadden thing was a fluke. Bad gamble. They really could have used him this year.

McClain was a beast. I was not happy with that decision but his behavior is making it look like a good decision.

And if you remember....
Last year 8/8 and they were doing well. If they would have stuck with that system I see them as a playoff team this year... or at least being a challenge to Denver.

2000-2002 they were championship caliber.

This team has had management issues FOREVER! It's gonna take some time to fix that.
A new stadium will help OAKLAND and the team.

You telling me that Oakland PD couldn't use some extra tax dollars?

I personally think the whole ticket deal with professional sports is messed up as it is. Especially for teams like Oakland that are surrounded by low income and have a lower income fan base.

You can't expect to fill ANY stadium with tickets that cost $200. I am a life long Raiders fan and I haven't been to a game since they were in LA. So I agree with you 100% in that regard.

Where I don't is that the stadium is a waste. Think about it this way... we've been putting bids in for the olympic games forever. We don't get it because we don't have enough high quality facilities.

A's pushing for a new building. That's a brand new stadium to house stuff. Giants.. killer new stadium. The Raiders get a killer new stadium. Toss in places like Stanford and the arena and what not and we start to have enough high quality facilities that we stand a better chance of getting the games here.

The Olympics generate BILLIONS of dollars for the local economy. And on top of that, the olympic commission will GIVE you money to help update and build some new facilities you may need... meaning MORE new buildings in the area. More jobs to build said buildins and more jobs to work the olympics... even if temporary... they're jobs.

Even if that doesn't happen but I GUARANTEE you that is being kicked around in the meetings as a benefit of all these new stadiums... but even without that it's good for the area. Put new businesses around/as part of the stadium... new business... new jobs... new money. Parking garages... new jobs... new money...

This will help Oakland. If it doesn't... oh well... they're doomed.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:23 AM

Car Info: 2011 Infiniti G37
that dysfunctional franchise doesn't deserve a new stadium
Old 12-07-2012, 12:15 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
****ing Carson mother****ing Palmer is so goddamn terrible with his decision making and now this mother****er made Janikowski get 1 ****ing point in fantasy for me.

But yea this team needs to pick up Alex Smith in the offseason and trade away DMF. Imagine how many more wins this team would've racked up if they had a game manager in game instead of Sanchez v2.0. Last nights game was winnable with Alex.
Old 12-07-2012, 01:47 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by wrxBRAH
****ing Carson mother****ing Palmer is so goddamn terrible with his decision making and now this mother****er made Janikowski get 1 ****ing point in fantasy for me.

But yea this team needs to pick up Alex Smith in the offseason and trade away DMF. Imagine how many more wins this team would've racked up if they had a game manager in game instead of Sanchez v2.0. Last nights game was winnable with Alex.
If you think Alex Smith is an improvement over Carson Palmer you're on crack. The Raiders can't run a game management system with the players that they have.

Generally what happens is they play BETTER when Palmer STOPS listening to the coaches and starts calling the plays himself. The system and the play calling is the problem with the Raiders. Toss in a few injury issues, a terrible offensive line, and a poor decision on letting Miller leave... not palmer's fault.

His QB rating was 101.1 on the day. Considering how ****ty the rest of the team played and the level of receivers he has that's pretty damned good. I'm tired of people blaming Palmer. He is not the problem.

As for Jano... you're a fool for playing him in the first place. Denver's defense has been legit all year and there are 3 guys in free agents that would have been better starts this week. I'm a die hard Raiders fan and even I would have benched Jano this week. I'm surprised they did as well as they did.

Alex Smith will not be a Raider. If he is he'll be on the bench which is where he belongs on MOST teams in the NFL. He's a good QB and the niners are making a mistake with benching him THIS year. A big mistake.

The Raiders have a guy that's just fine. They need to take a shot at drafting the future. They need a guy like Luck. To build around.

I could see Smith ending up a Jet, a Cowboy, a Dolphin, a Cardinal, a back up in Pitt (they have a good system for him), and maybe a Brown.

He's not a good fit for the Raiders and definitely not an upgrade.

Palmer's issues have more to do with poor timing, sloppy routes, bad play calling, an ignorable run game and a bad o line. Give the dude time and a run game that's functional... just fine.

But hey.. that's just me. WTF do I know. LOL! I am just tired of people passing the buck and blaming one dude. It's rarely one dude.
Old 12-07-2012, 02:11 PM

Palmer's issues have more to do with poor timing, sloppy routes, bad play calling, an ignorable run game and a bad o line. Give the dude time and a run game that's functional... just fine.

And the fact the his receivers drop passes that were right in their hands, or hit them square in the chest.
Old 12-07-2012, 02:21 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by TurnWRX
And the fact the his receivers drop passes that were right in their hands, or hit them square in the chest.
Exactly...

DHB... fast... not great hands.... terrible routes. We all knew this about him. That's there number one guy.

The only true quality receiver on the team is still a ball dropper... I compare him to T.O. He'll make a crazy catch and then drop one that hits him in the face... injured.

Streeter.... rookie. Routes aren't great. Fast. Decent but not great hands. Sound familiar? He's gonna be good... maybe middle of next year he'll start GOING OFF... IF... IF... they keep Palmer and they get good timing.

Criner... rookie...

Hagan... He's eh at best.

There is NO true number one receiver on the team. And the only guy that I'd even put as a number 2 on most teams is hurt. DHB is at best a good slot guy.

But yet Palmer is still playing half way decent... hmmm?

Best hands on the team are probably Reece and Myers and for some reason the coaches can't figure that isht out on there own.
Old 12-07-2012, 02:36 PM

If you think Alex Smith is an improvement over Carson Palmer you're on crack. The Raiders can't run a game management system with the players that they have.

Generally what happens is they play BETTER when Palmer STOPS listening to the coaches and starts calling the plays himself. The system and the play calling is the problem with the Raiders. Toss in a few injury issues, a terrible offensive line, and a poor decision on letting Miller leave... not palmer's fault.

His QB rating was 101.1 on the day. Considering how ****ty the rest of the team played and the level of receivers he has that's pretty damned good. I'm tired of people blaming Palmer. He is not the problem.

As for Jano... you're a fool for playing him in the first place. Denver's defense has been legit all year and there are 3 guys in free agents that would have been better starts this week. I'm a die hard Raiders fan and even I would have benched Jano this week. I'm surprised they did as well as they did.

Alex Smith will not be a Raider. If he is he'll be on the bench which is where he belongs on MOST teams in the NFL. He's a good QB and the niners are making a mistake with benching him THIS year. A big mistake.

The Raiders have a guy that's just fine. They need to take a shot at drafting the future. They need a guy like Luck. To build around.

I could see Smith ending up a Jet, a Cowboy, a Dolphin, a Cardinal, a back up in Pitt (they have a good system for him), and maybe a Brown.

He's not a good fit for the Raiders and definitely not an upgrade.

But hey.. that's just me. WTF do I know. LOL! I am just tired of people passing the buck and blaming one dude. It's rarely one dude.

The guy is terrible at reading defenses, something Alex is better at. The guy has horrible timing, again Alex is better. The guy always tries to go for the long bomb instead of the safe 5 yard option. Alex is the king of checkdowns. You can blame his receivers all you want but Carson straight up ****ing sucks. Victor Cruz and CJ drop passes too so there is only so much blame you can put on receivers.

All he has to do is stop making retarded throws and the team puts up 3 points every drive but the guy cant stay away from making risky *** throws every drive. I cant believe sane Raider fans still pass the blame from this guy to everyone else on the team.

And I have no idea what you're talking about with not playing Janikowski against Denver. If Carson controlled his derpness even a little bit the Raiders win the game last night and Jani gets atleast 5-10 points in the process.

Its all Carson!
Old 12-07-2012, 02:42 PM

Originally Posted by TurnWRX
you mean kinda like VD and Crabs did last year and yet Alex still found a way to checkdown to Gore. Im just saying stop looking for the 50 yard bomb every play and you wont have to worry about getting sacked, fumbling and intercepted every time you get the ball.
Old 12-07-2012, 02:45 PM

Carson IMO sucks, but most QBs suck when their o-line blows and they don't have a run game. Could it be route running? Could be, could it be just a missed pass? Possible. Bottom line, this is systemic in terms of Raiders and functioning quality in the NFL. Penalties still suck, and their run game has totally changed from last year and DMF can't do it all himself. Their defense is on the field most of the game, of course guys will get worn down. Their offense needs better/shorter pass game.

They need a solid #2 when DMF goes on IR. And this happens repeatedly, Reece might even carry the load. But a lot of the penalties, and mindset of the team is pretty sad at this point. I feel like they need an overhaul of 20-30 guys and a coaching staff coaching the players on their strengths.
Old 12-07-2012, 02:53 PM
General Pimpin'

That's cool. I just don't think it's Palmer. His receivers are TERRIBLE. Is he the best QB in the NFL... no. But he's a hell of a lot better than quite a few other guys that are on winning teams. Hell I think I'd rather have Palmer than....

Flacco
Romo
Wilson
Vick
Rivers
Sanchez
Skelton
Quinn
Henne
etc
etc
etc
etc
etc

I'd honestly put Palmer as somewhere around 8-10 as far as QB's in the NFL right now.

Few guys with more upside. Few guys going down. Hell... I'd probably take him over Eli Manning. Give him ONE solid go to receiver and he's ready to roll. He has zero guys he can have absolute faith in.

I honestly would have been happy to have the Raiders sign T.O. when we started loosing wide outs. LOL>

Quick Reply: Official: Oakland Raiders 2012/2013 Season thread