Official: Oakland Raiders 2012/2013 Season thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2012, 05:04 PM

Car Info: Nadda
First, I hope Heyward-Bey is alright. Second, nice gutsy win and trading blows with Pittsburgh.
Old 09-23-2012, 05:07 PM
Stacheless Cholo

Car Info: 2005 STi
First win this season... Good game... Go Raiders
Old 09-24-2012, 12:37 AM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
Damn glad to have seen DHB be able to raise his hand to give the thumbs up.

Also was great to see McFadden start busting out. The guy can be a beast if he remains healthy. Just think a while back it was looking like he was the Bust & Felix Jones was going to be the star player. Now Felix Jones will be lucky if he even sticks with the Cowboys past this season.
Old 09-24-2012, 12:42 AM

Car Info: 1998 RS
Quite a few of the games were extremely close this week.. like within a field goal. If only every week was like this.
Old 10-14-2012, 05:21 PM

Competing with a few other teams like Cleveland for a high draft pick.
Old 10-15-2012, 09:48 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by iLoqin
Competing with a few other teams like Cleveland for a high draft pick.
At least the raiders competed in week 6...
Old 10-15-2012, 10:27 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Yeah they did alright. I still think there is a HUGE flaw in the game plan aspect of the program. It's so obviously coaching it's nearly funny. They make no changes after half time. Reminds me of Norv. My way will work so lets just focus on what we're doing wrong. Instead of focusing on what we're doing right.

He McFadden broke a run... what were we doing there.... lets do more of that. There is plenty of talent on this team to compete and win. They made a huge mistake dumping last years coaching staff... huge.

You keep doing that and the team has no faith in the system and goes.... o.k. this isn't' working so we'll just show up and loose until they dump it and we get something we like. It's a huge flaw in the program.

I think they need to bring someone in that can be the top dog with *****. Bring back Gruden. Or make a big offer to someone somewhere else... Look what's happening in Seattle. They had a rough year and they stuck with it. Stuck with the system. Gave guys time to adjust. Gave the staff time to adapt to it's staff. They're looking pretty damned good and I personally think the raiders have more talent.

Sad.

Side note... gagan... you pull of the win today.... congrats on first place. LOL! My team sucked this week. If not... we'll have a 3 way fight for first next week and I think we play each other... you'll beat me. My team is on the way down until C.J. starts getting the number 1 reps and Bush and Johnson get healthy.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:16 AM
Old School

I think I lost this week
Old 10-16-2012, 01:34 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Oakland Raiders have no plans to share stadium with 49ers - NFL.com

"O.co Coliseum in Oakland is a sight to behold, but not in a good way. Home to the Oakland Raiders and Oakland Athletics baseball team, the 46-year-old stadium is beyond renovation, Raiders owner Mark Davis told NFL.com and NFL Network reporter Ian Rapoport during the NFL Fall Meeting in Chicago.

Relive every game this season online and on-demand with enhanced viewing features, including the "All-22" coaches film. Get NFL Game Rewind.
The multi-purpose stadium poses problems when it comes to repairs and upgrades and the sightlines for football are "absolutely terrible," Davis told Rapoport.

The Raiders' bay area rivals, the San Francisco 49ers, broke ground on their new, 68,500-seat Santa Clara Stadium in April. But Davis told Rapoport that he has no plans to share the stadium, a la the New York Giants and New York Jets before MetLife Stadium was built.

"I give the 49ers all the credit in the world for getting a shovel in the ground in California," Davis said. "That's phenomenal. But we're trying to get our situation right. It's not easy to do."

The 49ers and Raiders have kept discussion open about sharing a home field, although Davis told Rapoport that the best case scenario would be to keep the Raiders in Oakland and build a new stadium on the current site of O.Co Coliseum, or at another viable site in Dublin, Calif."

Wait ... Dublin? This is a new development that I hadn't heard of before.

Personally I was thinking their options to stay in the area would be:

1) Share the new stadium with the 49ers (Not the option I would like to see happen and it looks like it isn't going to happen based on this article).

2) Tear down the Coliseum (and possibly the Oracle Arena) and rebuild from scratch since the Warriors are moving to S.F. and the A's are looking to move to the South Bay it would make sense to tear down everything and build a brand new stadium in Oakland. This option may not happen though as it really depends on where they will get the money from. If they do this though, they could go play either at A) Candlestick for a Season or Two before it is torn down (Probably won't happen, but with the 49ers not being there any longer it would be vacant until it is torn down) or B) Go play at Cal Berkeley's stadium.

3) The Raiders end up moving (probably would move back to Los Angeles once a stadium is finally built down there).

I never really thought about them possibly moving to another city in the Bay Area like Dublin though.
Old 10-16-2012, 04:59 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
I don't understand why so many people are opposed to sharing a stadium. It would be cooler if each team had their own, but if there's already going to be a state of the art stadium in the area, why not make use of it? Is this a pride thing or what?
Old 10-16-2012, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
At least the raiders competed in week 6...
Fast and Furious will answer this question.

Ask any racer, any real racer. It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile; winning's winning

Win, loss. 4-2 does not equal 1-4
Old 10-16-2012, 05:17 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Originally Posted by Superglue WRX
I don't understand why so many people are opposed to sharing a stadium. It would be cooler if each team had their own, but if there's already going to be a state of the art stadium in the area, why not make use of it? Is this a pride thing or what?
Pride yes, but there is more to it.

Every team should be able to proudly represent their team in all aspects of their venue. Everything from the top to the bottom is different between the teams. The whole identity of each, the crowds they draw to the games, the coloring schemes used by each team, etc. Even things such as statues, retired jerseys and other heritage items are different between the teams, so I really do not see a reason for really ANY teams to be forced to share venues.

Think about it along the lines of this ... When growing up if you had siblings you typically always wanted to have your own room. Yes, you may have shared space with them when you were younger, but ultimately anyone living in close proximity will eventually get on each other's nerves and want to have their own space to be able to do with as they please.

Also, if it was ever going to be a joint venture / shared venue then the Raiders Organization would have been collaborating with the 49ers Organization and ultimately sharing all of the bills from the ground up for building of the new stadium. That never happened, nor was it ever even planned. Basically the decision to share the stadium would have been made long before this point in time and ultimately was decided against so it would not make sense to try and share the stadium now.
Old 10-23-2012, 05:19 PM
Old School

Gritty Win.

Still not a good team, not running on all cylinders. Zone blocking is killing us.

Defense is stepping up, 2 weeks in a row. Good adj there at half time.

It was now blatantly obvious that Carson runs the offense MUCH better than Knapp. 4th qtr going no huddle, calling his own plays was super effective.

Knapp could be seen pissed off and yelling, talking to Allen and Carson was seen going over plays with the offense on the sidelines.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:18 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Very uninspiring win, but still better than a loss.

DMC is looking like his rookie self again. Going down on first contact and not making people miss if he ever makes it into the secondary.

I still cringe when Carson throws farther than 10 yards. And it's even worse when he does his Favre impression trying to get a pass off in the middle of being sacked.
Old 10-23-2012, 09:17 PM
Old School

Originally Posted by Superglue WRX
Very uninspiring win, but still better than a loss.

DMC is looking like his rookie self again. Going down on first contact and not making people miss if he ever makes it into the secondary.

I still cringe when Carson throws farther than 10 yards. And it's even worse when he does his Favre impression trying to get a pass off in the middle of being sacked.
Those are the decisions that scare me too. But let's be honest, i rather have TD bombing and int throwing Carson of last year vs the conservative offense Knapp is running. At least last year we put up points.

I think there is a rift, and Knapp won't make it past the year. The more loses we mount, and the less people come, something will have to happen.

Quick Reply: Official: Oakland Raiders 2012/2013 Season thread