Official: Oakland Raiders 2012/2013 Season thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2012, 04:26 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Official: Oakland Raiders 2012/2013 Season thread

New GM, New Head Coach, New Coaches. Lost of guys who were all about the money. Kept some guys who restructured and are working on contributing to the team.

We are now finally UNDER the cap. Need to fill outside linebacker, big RB and probably could still use better CBs.

Got a 3rd, a 4th and a 5th round pick for Aso, Gallery and Miller.

Definitely a worse team on paper, but I think guys will step up.
Old 03-28-2012, 04:27 PM
Old School

Denver looks much better with Manning being there, but scout reports just came out today saying his arm doesn't look at hot as expected (plus for us).
Old 03-28-2012, 04:29 PM
Old School

But biggest things are no more Al, so no more crazy overpaid guys, no more drafts based nearly solely on 40 times. So things are definitely looking up. Dennis and Reggie are really bringing some structure to the organization, and I think it will show.
Old 03-28-2012, 05:01 PM

Car Info: 2010 Sti
New gm, new coaches and a bunch of new players. Sounds like a Rebuild. Rebuild teams doesn't really do well their 1st or 2nd year. Prove me wrong raiders.
Old 03-28-2012, 05:09 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Raiders are going to flounder the next few years. I expect it, so does everyone else. Why would you get rid of Bush?
Old 03-28-2012, 07:17 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Originally Posted by iLoqin
Raiders are going to flounder the next few years. I expect it, so does everyone else. Why would you get rid of Bush?
Running backs are a dime a dozen. He was reliable and a bruiser, but he definitely isn't irreplaceable. RM is playing some money ball right now and positioning the team to have some money and leverage to get the players he really wants in the future.

I don't have big expectations for them this year, but there's still enough talent there to be a threat in the afc west. Not a big threat, but its not like any of the other teams in this division have it locked down either.

Last edited by Superglue WRX; 03-29-2012 at 07:02 PM.
Old 03-29-2012, 07:51 AM
Old School

^exactly
Old 03-29-2012, 09:11 AM

Car Info: 05' WRX (Dirty Black)
Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
Denver looks much better with Manning being there, but scout reports just came out today saying his arm doesn't look at hot as expected (plus for us).
it will be interesting to see if their o-line can protect manning. tebow was an effective scrambler and used it to the team's advantage, but much of that was because he was being chased out of the pocket so much.
Old 03-29-2012, 09:51 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by turfshark
it will be interesting to see if their o-line can protect manning. tebow was an effective scrambler and used it to the team's advantage, but much of that was because he was being chased out of the pocket so much.
Yup. He's actually a great on the run passer. With time I'd be curious to see what he could do. It trips me out that Elway didn't take more interest in grooming him since he was the EXACT same way when he was young (with a stronger arm).

I personally think that this could prove to be a big problem for elway running things. I don't see Manning making it through the season and they don't have anything to fall back on. This is one of the few teams that NEEDS 3 guys in that slot. But hell.. IF they protect him and keep him standing for the entire season they could be scary ON OFFENSE. I still think the raiders have an all around better team.

I think Manning picked the wrong team.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:51 AM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
Old 04-03-2012, 09:54 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Man I can't wait for him to be back on the field.
Old 04-22-2012, 07:51 AM
Old School

bump. Making moves. Signing depth. Feeling good so far.

Palmer looks beefed up, unlike signing day last year where he looked like skeleton...
Old 04-22-2012, 11:03 AM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
I like their chances while DMC is healthy, if he gets sidelined again, then all of the weight is going to fall on Palmer who still doesn't have much experience with the likes of Moore, DHB, or Ford.

I think the defence will be a little more consistent this season with a serviceable set of LBs on the field. The linebackers being out of position was the cause for a lot of those 30+ yard burns the defense suffered through. It looks like their might be a lot more zone from now on so they have a chance at not setting another record in penalties this year.

RM looks to be doing the best that can be done in the situation the team is in. He's got them under the cap. He's gotten rid of a lot of overpayed under achievers (not all of them) and replaced them "money ball" style with personnel who can at least put up an average performance. He's got them buying into a new philosophy,"do your damn job".

Mostly however, he hasn't made the perenial Al Davis signing of a washed up former star or athletic freak with little talent at whatever position he has on his resume. In fact, most of RM's decisions have been fixing Al's mistakes.

Al will probably have known more about the game of football than a select few ever have or will, but I really think all of that knowledge was skewed over the last decade in Al's attempt to buy himself just one more ring. The knowledge to build a championship team was there, it had just hadent been implented in his desperation to get back on top.

The future will tell, but it would RM has the tools and the patience to build a championship team the right way.

Go team!

Last edited by Superglue WRX; 04-22-2012 at 11:06 AM.
Old 04-22-2012, 12:24 PM

Car Info: Nadda
DMC is such a badass he's a 1st-3rd, even 4th down back because of his dynamic ability. He's quick, agile, and can cut back like no other. He can receive out of the back and has good hands he could be a receiver.

The only thing is that he's injury prone, and with that it's very unfortunate as there are two kinds of offenses. One with DMC, and one without DMC. And maybe they can save him for 2nd/3rd downs or something, it would suck if he gets hurt gain.

Draft another back... still can't believe Bush is gone. He took over and did a good job he had to.
Old 04-23-2012, 07:55 AM
Old School

if everyone had restructured I think we could have kept him. But Routt & Wimbley messed it up.

Quick Reply: Official: Oakland Raiders 2012/2013 Season thread