Official: Oakland Raiders 2011/2012 Season thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 04:46 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Can finish drives with field goals when Brady is in town.

Oh well, they're still at a solid 2-2 and are finishing up the roughest part of the schedule. Still have a shot to keep pace with the Chargers before the bye week.
Old 10-09-2011, 02:27 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
Just win, baby!

That was for Al.
Old 10-09-2011, 02:51 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Good win. Bad for my fantasy teams but good for being a Raiders fan.

I have McFadden as a major cog on my team and campbell on another team. Spread out on my other teams is 3 Texans including Foster.
Old 10-12-2011, 03:59 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Anyone going this weekend? I was going to, but it will work out better for me to go to the Chiefs game.
Old 10-12-2011, 04:39 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
how is it going out to games? girlfriend wants to drag me to the steelers niners game but the only football game i ever went to was an east west shrine game when i was in 6th grade and i could barely even tell what the hell was going on the field.
Old 10-12-2011, 04:41 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by wrxBRAH
how is it going out to games? girlfriend wants to drag me to the steelers niners game but the only football game i ever went to was an east west shrine game when i was in 6th grade and i could barely even tell what the hell was going on the field.
Football games are a blast. I haven't been in years (too expensive), but I love going. Rivalry games are the best to go to.

My advice... if you're gonna pay to go, get good seats. I have found that sitting as close to the 50 yard line as possible is prime. Last time i went I was only a few rows up an fit was awesome. If you can snag something in the 20-30 rows between the 45's you should be able to see everything clearly.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:06 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
If I was going to go to a Raiders game in Oakland I don't think I would want to sit in "The Black Hole". I would sit along the sidelines but not in the End Zone sections as it seems like that is where some of the most extreme fans (or potential trouble makers) sit.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:35 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Ur in Oakland, everything is screwed up period.
Old 10-12-2011, 09:58 PM

Car Info: 2011 2.5i Spark Silver
End zone opposite is not bad, i have season tickets there. But lower seats are best since the cheaper seats attract the crazy people who behave like animals.
Old 10-18-2011, 10:27 AM

Raiders get Carson Palmer from the Bengals for 2 future first round picks. Thoughts?
Old 10-18-2011, 10:48 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by TurnWRX
Raiders get Carson Palmer from the Bengals for 2 future first round picks. Thoughts?
I think they paid too much for him... WAAAAAAAAAY too much.

There are no guarantees. The dude is 32. He hasn't played well in 4 years. He's had a major injury. Not to mention they just spent a 3rd round pick on Pryor who I think has a stronger upside that palmer. And Campbell is doing just fine. They're winning with him. I'm not sure what the hell they were thinking. This could be the first sign that the Raiders are in deep **** post Al Davis. So basically next year they have no 1st and no 3rd round pick. So you've got a 2nd. In that round you're hoping you can get a solid lineman or a decent linebacker and there is no room for a mistake.

But on the flip side... the raiders are good at WR/RB for YEARS if they can keep what they have. TE is solid as well. IF... IF Palmer can get to 90% of what he was in his really good years the Raiders are a Super Bowl contender right now.

I just don't get it.

So they have Pryor in development who could have a HUGE upside. They have Campbell who is playing pretty well but he is what he is. He's not really a game changer kind of QB. You have Boller who is a solid backup. So now what? Do you still develop Pryor as the possible future. Do you keep Boller or cut him loose and have Palmer as the back up. When do you open up that can of worms for a QB battle?

I think the timing is foolish. The Raiders are 4-2 and one slip up from 5-1. They're in second place in the division and I think they'll be able to compete with SD to win the division this year.

So you're 4-2 and winning and then you start putting questions in to your QB's and other team mates head.... QB battle. When. Is there one. Are there more trades line ups. Etc. It's bad for chemistry.

I'm crossing my fingers that he can return to the guy he was and that the Raiders don't just toss him in there and completely change the dynamics of a winning team.
Old 10-18-2011, 10:50 AM

^ Campbell could possibly be out for the season. But the minimum for his return is 6 weeks. He's also a free agent after this season.
Old 10-18-2011, 10:52 AM
General Pimpin'

^ Campbell could possibly be out for the season. But the minimum for his return is 6 weeks. He's also a free agent after this season.
****. I hadn't read the injury update yet.

In that case... good move. Palmer is better than Boller. LOL.

I also read that it's not necessarily a first round pick for 2013. That pick is conditional upon how often Palmer plays and how well he does. So if he doesn't do well they get a lower pick.

In that case... I think the Raiders made a good deal.

I edit my entire previous post. I didn't realize JC was down for at least 6 weeks. This is a great move for the Raiders.

LOL.
Old 10-18-2011, 10:54 AM

^ actually the 2nd 1st round pick is on the condition if the Raiders make it to the playoffs this season. If they don't, then it will be a 2nd round pick
Old 10-18-2011, 10:57 AM
General Pimpin'

I might actually delete that post. LOL. It's way off base. I just read the injury updates and the actual guidelines of the deal.

The deal is structured well and shows that Cinci is really happy with how well Dalton is progressing. It could turn out well for both sides. At the least Cinci gets a first pick next year... read top end WR. Best case scenario for them is that they get 2 first picks.

For the Raiders... worst case they have a crap draft next year but they're loaded with young talent and if they pick well that second round pick can fill a roster hole immediately. Best case... they have a hungry QB out to prove something who has some SUPER fast WR's to throw too and Palmer has the arm to throw those deep *****. I just hope he's at least 90% of what he was.
Always liked Palmer as a player.

Now we'll get to see Ford stretch his legs. Hell all 3 of the Raiders starting QB's, their TE's and McFadden all have the ability to get 60 yards downfield.

Not to mention... Jackson knows Palmer and probably has an inside track to how healthy he actually is.

hmmmm.... foot in mouth. My opinion has shifted. Man I hope he works out.

Quick Reply: Official: Oakland Raiders 2011/2012 Season thread