Official: Oakland Raiders 2010/2011 Season thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2010, 10:04 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Official: Oakland Raiders 2010/2011 Season thread

Please, keep the hate talk down. We should all be supporting both Bay Area Teams so that we can have a battle of the bay super bowl!

So, lets talk Raiders in this thread!
Old 08-13-2010, 10:06 AM

Car Info: 2016 WRX, 2014 lifter forester XT, 2005 JDM207 WGN
Well they did get a win over the d boys last night but they also did not really play starters so I guess it's different when the season starts
Old 08-13-2010, 10:07 AM
03.23.67 - 06.14.13

2 words: NO DRAMA.

so far, no hold outs, no coach under threat of being fired.

no QB controversy. nothing!

this might be the year...
Old 08-13-2010, 10:08 AM
Old School

Who watched last night's game?!

It was great to see QBs getting the ball to the receivers! Running game looks good, and the defense looks really good! And most of the game was really 2nd/3rd stringers, and but they did really well. Played much better than I expected.

I think this will end up being a winning season for the raiders if the starters are better at the two most fundamental issues:

1) turn over on downs. Still saw some of that in the 2nd and 3rd quarters, but 1st and 4th quarters were excellent in getting 1st downs and moving the ball down the field.
2) making tackles. Last 3-4 years the raiders players don't get the tackles, and let guys slip. Saw better tackles last night, but still saw some misses that ended up letting 1st downs happen.
Old 08-21-2010, 11:47 PM
Old School

Anyone catch the game against Chicago? Unwashed attending a friends wedding. Looks like a solid win, however I'm not not too fond of Campbell. He just doesn't seem right for the team, but, if in the end they get the job done. I'll take it.

Next week will be SF, so bay area pride on the line should be a good game. I think Oakland has made major improvements, but still not confident in the QB dept, although a lot better than JMR.
Old 08-21-2010, 11:53 PM

Car Info: 2011 2.5i Spark Silver
it was a good game and well played by the defense minus that 1 play, specially without Namdi and Seymour. Campbell made some good throws but that pic was retarded. What was exciting is how the young o-line men played, bruce campbell and Veldheer played well. I saw Veldheer man handle peppers a few times which is crazy considering he is just a rookie. Its nice to know the oline will be good in years to come even though we didn't spend a high draft pick on one. Also, the offense looks good and will be better when mcfadden starts playing since he is crazy in the open field, especially on screens.
Old 08-22-2010, 12:02 AM

Car Info: 2007 STi
it was a good game, i thought Campbell did good
Old 08-22-2010, 07:06 AM

Car Info: 09' wrb sti
I feel the team is pretty solid both offense and defense. I like campbell and what he brings, he does seem a bit shaky which is pretty understandable considering it's another offense he has to learn, but u must admit that he's looking a lot better than Russell! hahaha. the defense is looking beastly, so many sacks the past 2 preseason games. GO RAIDERS!
Old 08-22-2010, 11:09 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
My opinion after seeing both preseason games:

PROS:
- Defense looks very promising in the major categories (pass rush, run D, and pass D)
- Good coverage even w/o Aso in the game
- Offense looks like it's getting a rhythm and becoming more comfortable, still a run first team
- The team as a whole just looks like they have a new attitude as opposed to previous seasons where they really looked like they expected to lose most games

CONS:
- Campbell looks pretty meh and his accuracy on the deep ball is very concerning considering Al wants his vertical game no matter what
- Injury prone and unproven offensive weapons: McFadden, Schilens, and now DHB all sitting out nursing minor injuries. Neither of them have proven to be clutch players even when healthy

That's all I've got considering there's a lot of new faces this year and they've been running a vanilla playbook so far. However, if the preason is any indication of how this year will unfold, our defense looks like a force to be reckoned with and the offense looks just good enough to get points on the board to win with some kind of consistency.

I don't expect a playoff birth, but I do expect the Raiders to finally step out from underneath that huge <5 wins shadow. They need to get some wins early to climb out of that downward spiraling loser attitude. Tennessee will be a tough start, but hopefully we can beat up on STL and AZ to stay above water early.
Old 08-23-2010, 11:56 AM
Old School

I agree. I think they actually may get the division win. The other teams look downright terrible right now, but then again, haven't seen too much starter action.
Old 08-24-2010, 04:15 PM

Car Info: LUMPY CGM 05 WRX
Originally Posted by Superglue WRX
My opinion after seeing both preseason games:

PROS:
- Defense looks very promising in the major categories (pass rush, run D, and pass D)
- Good coverage even w/o Aso in the game
- Offense looks like it's getting a rhythm and becoming more comfortable, still a run first team
- The team as a whole just looks like they have a new attitude as opposed to previous seasons where they really looked like they expected to lose most games

CONS:
- Campbell looks pretty meh and his accuracy on the deep ball is very concerning considering Al wants his vertical game no matter what
- Injury prone and unproven offensive weapons: McFadden, Schilens, and now DHB all sitting out nursing minor injuries. Neither of them have proven to be clutch players even when healthy

That's all I've got considering there's a lot of new faces this year and they've been running a vanilla playbook so far. However, if the preason is any indication of how this year will unfold, our defense looks like a force to be reckoned with and the offense looks just good enough to get points on the board to win with some kind of consistency.

I don't expect a playoff birth, but I do expect the Raiders to finally step out from underneath that huge <5 wins shadow. They need to get some wins early to climb out of that downward spiraling loser attitude. Tennessee will be a tough start, but hopefully we can beat up on STL and AZ to stay above water early.
WLL SAID SIR well said I completely agree. I almost wonder if Grad could do better with the ball than Campbell.

Im just pissed cause I had a Morrison Pro Jersey and now I cant figure out who I want. Maybe a Miller or the cant go wrong Janakowski or Lechler.
Old 08-24-2010, 04:24 PM

Car Info: New Government Motors SUV!
^^^

Asomugha, McClain, Murphy, Z. Miller
Old 08-24-2010, 04:29 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
We should all be supporting both Bay Area Teams so that we can have a battle of the bay super bowl!
That could be fun

I think that the wife, myself, and a handful of other friends are getting a party bus to head down to the SF vs Oak game in Oct
Old 09-26-2010, 04:40 PM

Car Info: with the blinkers on
Sebastian Failokowski
Old 09-26-2010, 04:41 PM

Cannot believe he missed that FG. Maybe he really wants Cable to go lol

Quick Reply: Official: Oakland Raiders 2010/2011 Season thread