The "Official" My Boss is a F_ _KER Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 06:22 PM

Car Info: N/A
The "Official" My Boss is a F_ _KER Thread

I can't be the only one fed up with the way their boss runs the department and treats employees. We should all have a common place to vent, fume, and share our woes.

Here is my most recent story of what a ****tard my manager is. Since the beginning of this year I have worked weekends and nights to meet timelines for a series of critical projects that have come up. I have barely taken anytime off and asked for a week and a half in November. He denies my time off citing another employee has requested that time already. Normally I could understand if we shared duties and our responsibilities crossed but our jobs have almost nothing to do with the others.

Like I said this is one of several douche bag things he has done to me. I'm fed up with it and will be talking to HR tomorrow. Also gonna polish my resume and start to look around at other options.

Last edited by gh0st shad0w; 09-01-2010 at 02:18 PM.
Old 08-31-2010, 06:34 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: non subarus
call in sick.
Old 08-31-2010, 06:56 PM

Car Info: 06 wrx wagon
4/23
i really like working here, given that i have no brain. it makes me feel good about myself when i'm asked to review something and i'm told to print it out. although i've reviewed hundreds of documents, all of which need to be printed, it is still unclear to me whether to print or not. i am also confused about if my reviewing utensil should be pen or pencil, and if pen, what color ink to use. please clarify.

5/25
i really like working here given that my 23" cinema display is too small. i realize that it can be hard to read things that are in an email when the screen is so damn big, and i appreciate that you print these emails out after you send them and highlight the items you've already bolded in the email for me.

8/4
two years is enough of your B.S. this is my two week notice when i should have given you none. i once liked my job and was hoping for a long career in the industry. i am now jaded and don't give a flying f***.
Old 08-31-2010, 07:06 PM

Car Info: 04 java black pearl sti/06 honda ruckus
This all sounds like my job, my boss is an ex court reporter, and is not in charge of custodial, go figure?!? She probably doesn't even touch a broom at her own house! Yet she tells me how to do things, hella dumb, and I too have the BS "someone is already off those days" rule for vacation
Old 08-31-2010, 07:50 PM

Car Info: 94 Integra beater: one Slow 3 Series RIP EvoX
I would be careful what is posted on public internet forums. A lot of companies have rules on conduct of a "certain" behavior so I am just going to say err on the side of caution. I know personally a "manager" losing their job for something posted on Facebook...FYI
Old 08-31-2010, 10:15 PM

Car Info: Teh Subie
eh, just don't post it from the office or mention business names and its all good.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:20 PM

Car Info: 2005 Stg.2 Wrx
I ask him for a work related contact number, just a phone #. He tells me, "Oh right, I'll email that to you right away."

two days later I ask again,

"Oh sure, I'll send it right now."

. sigh.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:38 PM
Token Toyota Mod

Car Info: Something german
Boss finds out your sn on i-club...

and... done..
Old 08-31-2010, 10:40 PM

Car Info: N/A
Originally Posted by PikkaGTR
I would be careful what is posted on public internet forums. A lot of companies have rules on conduct of a "certain" behavior so I am just going to say err on the side of caution. I know personally a "manager" losing their job for something posted on Facebook...FYI
I haven't done anything wrong so I'm not worried. If this was a thread about how I drink on the job and smoke weed during lunch I would be concerned. Which I don't. I'm a hard worker that has been with the company for 6 years working under a person who steals my ideas and passes them off as his own and hasn't had an original idea since I started. I have it all documented in email which will be presented to HR and witnesses on the staff who have seen his failures. I'm just the first one who has the ***** to come forward an fight the man.
Old 09-01-2010, 12:51 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: nonplussed
Old 09-01-2010, 12:58 PM

Car Info: LUMPY CGM 05 WRX
im calling all your bosses J/K

Last edited by Shayhan27; 09-01-2010 at 02:52 PM.
Old 09-01-2010, 01:00 PM
I don't need more cowbell dammit!

Car Info: E82
Originally Posted by gh0st shad0w
I haven't done anything wrong so I'm not worried. If this was a thread about how I drink on the job and smoke weed during lunch I would be concerned. Which I don't. I'm a hard worker that has been with the company for 6 years working under a person who steals my ideas and passes them off as his own and hasn't had an original idea since I started. I have it all documented in email which will be presented to HR and witnesses on the staff who have seen his failures. I'm just the first one who has the ***** to come forward an fight the man.
Good luck, that isnt going to work out how you think it is.

And I agree with whomever said its not wise to post work related complaints on a public forum, that is a recipie for termination with cause which means no unemployment.
Old 09-01-2010, 01:05 PM

Car Info: wrx02
^^^ agree. You might get fired.
Old 09-01-2010, 01:13 PM

Car Info: 05 WRX sedan
I really like my current boss, so no new stories from me.

I did have a similar situation to you one time. I had requested time off, approved so I went ahead and bought tickets to a show and booked a hotel room. A few days before, my boss says I need to work that day since she gave 5 other people the day off too. Out of a desktop support unit consisting of 8 people, she was being retarded. I said I paid for things already and that I will not be coming in. I was flet go on the next Monday.
Old 09-01-2010, 02:18 PM

Car Info: 2011 Infiniti G37
Originally Posted by skeeler
I really like my current boss, so no new stories from me.

I did have a similar situation to you one time. I had requested time off, approved so I went ahead and bought tickets to a show and booked a hotel room. A few days before, my boss says I need to work that day since she gave 5 other people the day off too. Out of a desktop support unit consisting of 8 people, she was being retarded. I said I paid for things already and that I will not be coming in. I was flet go on the next Monday.
wow, that so messed up... is that even legal? what was your boss's reasoning for asking you and not the other 5 people?? she should be working double time for her own mistake!

Quick Reply: The "Official" My Boss is a F_ _KER Thread