Official Giants Baseball 2011 Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2011, 09:32 PM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan
Originally Posted by bluwrxwgn
Man that acqusition of hunter pence is paying dividends.
yeah it does seem so, im hoping the same will happen to one of the giants soon
Old 08-05-2011, 09:32 PM

I highly doubt polanco was going after whiteside. He was going to stop victorino. They are up by 6 runs. No need for that bs. Whiteside was jumping around like a teenager waiting for the first punch to be thrown.
If he did, he shouldn't have ran directly behind Whiteside. Catcher's job is to protect the pitcher, and he knew the benches were gonna be cleared and that somebody will be coming for him. He had to defend himself. It wasn't like he threw a punch, he tried to tackle Polanco because he thought he was coming for him.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:35 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by slugrx
He got pushed away by his coaches and then ran around his own coach and tackled someone trying to break it up...that's a punk move..
If I got hit in the back and the pitcher clearly wanted to throw down, I'd do everything I could to get to him too.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:37 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by TurnWRX
If he did, he shouldn't have ran directly behind Whiteside. Catcher's job is to protect the pitcher, and he knew the benches were gonna be cleared and that somebody will be coming for him. He had to defend himself. It wasn't like he threw a punch, he tried to tackle Polanco because he thought he was coming for him.
You could clearly see from the angle of homeplate that Polanco was slowing down and not heading for the pitcher. When Whiteside turned and tackled him. Or at least tried to.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:37 PM

Chase Utley was up next, tried to instigate something by leaning his whole upper body to the middle of the plate trying to get hit lol
Old 08-05-2011, 09:38 PM

If I got hit in the back and the pitcher clearly wanted to throw down, I'd do everything I could to get to him too.
ha he was pushed away by the ump, ran in to fight, got pushed away by a coach and ran in and tackled someone completely different than ramirez (who didnt look to be in the direct area) which was the punk move

he got frustrated after two attempts and tackled someone who wasnt involved is what i have a problem with
Old 08-05-2011, 09:38 PM

You could clearly see from the angle of homeplate that Polanco was slowing down and not heading for the pitcher. When Whiteside turned and tackled him. Or at least tried to.
but like I said, Whiteside didn't know that. All he saw out of the corner of his eye was a Phillies player coming at him.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:39 PM
VIP Member

Chase Utley was up next, tried to instigate something by leaning his whole upper body to the middle of the plate trying to get hit lol
And the pitcher clearly pitched far inside and up around the head.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:39 PM

haha yeah i saw that, hes got a big grudge against the giants pitching staff haha
Old 08-05-2011, 09:41 PM

ha he was pushed away by the ump, ran in to fight, got pushed away by a coach and ran in and tackled someone completely different than ramirez (who didnt look to be in the direct area) which was the punk move

he got frustrated after two attempts and tackled someone who wasnt involved is what i have a problem with
If you look at the replay, Ramirez was a wimp, he stayed all the way in the back and pretended like he was doing something lol
Old 08-05-2011, 09:42 PM

And the pitcher clearly pitched far inside and up around the head.
lol the pitch was a curveball that landed high....on top of the plate, where Utley's entire upper body was, on top of the plate
Old 08-05-2011, 09:42 PM
VIP Member

Yea cause Ramirez was being protected by the crowd of people. If Ramirez didn't put his hands up then Victorio may not have done it. So both of them are punks. Who is the bigger punk will be up for debate. We each have our opinion.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:44 PM
VIP Member

lol the pitch was a curveball that landed high....on top of the plate, where Utley's entire upper body was, on top of the plate
He always is close to getting hit. It's part of his M.O. Crowd the plate, but a pitch that high is dangerous no matter what.
Old 08-05-2011, 09:49 PM

He always is close to getting hit. It's part of his M.O. Crowd the plate, but a pitch that high is dangerous no matter what.
Most 10 to 4 o'clock curveballs are thrown towards the upper outside and is supposed to break back down. If the pitcher's grip is not correct or loses grip, the ball won't break where it's supposed to. Most guys get hit from curveballs/sliders because of that.

And if u do get hit, you rather be hit by a breaking ball than a fastball...
Old 08-05-2011, 09:52 PM
VIP Member

Most 10 to 4 o'clock curveballs are thrown towards the upper outside and is supposed to break back down. If the pitcher's grip is not correct or loses grip, the ball won't break where it's supposed to. Most guys get hit from curveballs/sliders because of that.

And if u do get hit, you rather be hit by a breaking ball than a fastball...
I'd rather not get hit in the head at all.

Quick Reply: Official Giants Baseball 2011 Thread!