Official Giants Baseball 2011 Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 06:18 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
ha ha ha
Old 04-21-2011, 08:26 PM

Car Info: *WiDe AnD LoW*
speaking of the bandwagon, I just have to vent this real quick. I actually thought its kinda funny, but my girlfriend is actually REALLY annoyed by it and now she is talking crazy stuff like "I dont even want to watch Giants baseball" and stuff like that which SUCKS because we are SF natives and loved the Giants since we were kids. Long story short, her girlfriends hoped on the bandwagon last year during the post season and are in denial of being on the bandwagon. This year, they are using Giants baseball as a female tactic to attract men (good for you guys) by watching sportscenter and getting as much giants 411 as possible and sharing that borrowed knowledge to the opposite sex (and they fall it). Heres the kicker, they are f***ing annoying! My girlfriend and I see right through their plan, but obviously it affects her more because she lives with two of them. I tell her just to not let it bother her but I kinda see where shes coming from. Constantly listening to someone you know is obviously on the bandwagon (for the wrong reasons at that) trying to spit Giants knowledge on you day and night can get annoying. Thoughts?

Sorry for the long read. I just think it sucks that her girlfriends are ruining baseball for her. She only has fun watching and going to games if its just me and her, us and her family or my family, REAL fans.
Old 04-21-2011, 08:34 PM

Car Info: Nadda
My thoughts? There are a bunch of dudes on here who will play along. Please throw the pix up and the #'s and trust me, there will be dudes on here that are ready to play some ball!

Sux for your GF, but a bunch of thumbs up for a few dudes lookin to bone her chix friends!
Old 04-21-2011, 09:37 PM

Car Info: 03 wrx sedan
Anyone else going to the game this sat? I'll be there in 127, Thanks to steve@ auto innovations.
Old 04-21-2011, 09:57 PM

Car Info: *WiDe AnD LoW*
Originally Posted by iLoqin
My thoughts? There are a bunch of dudes on here who will play along. Please throw the pix up and the #'s and trust me, there will be dudes on here that are ready to play some ball!
LoL sharing is caring
Old 04-21-2011, 11:53 PM

Car Info: 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX wagon
Yeah, they're obviously single, so...are they hot? HAHA!

Let's see some pics!
Old 04-21-2011, 11:57 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by stupidchicken03
ha ha ha

Originally Posted by so steezy
...... trying to spit Giants knowledge on you day and night can get annoying. Thoughts?
yeah ............... never mind was going to ask them why the dodgers are the rivals always has to be about the dodgers with me. So i pass. I know the pain. The lakers "fans" are 34153134864856346385464385486 times worse. I swear I cant even watch them its soooo bad. I mean hell when del harris was the coach no problem. None of these jack asses running around. Now all of a sudden we win a few championships and EVERYone is a ****ing Lakers fan.
Originally Posted by iLoqin

Sux for your GF, but a bunch of thumbs up for a few dudes lookin to bone her chix friends!
where is dark onion? Hook I club up!
Old 04-22-2011, 10:07 AM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
^He was at the meet last night
Old 04-22-2011, 10:11 AM
rok

Car Info: 20 Tesla Y LR AWD
Originally Posted by so steezy
trying to spit Giants knowledge on you day and night can get annoying. Thoughts?
Whenever my fair-weather fan friends drop knowledge of last season, I just let them know that I remember when JT Snow and Jeff Kent used to run the infield like no ones business and when big man Rod Beck was our ace closer. Let them know about times as a kid singing when the Giants come to town at the stick. Then most of them usually just end up saying I like how Freddy Sanchez body rolls at bat.

Thing is, after any big win, even if they make it to playoffs, a new group of fans will come up and like "your" team. But hey, thats how fans are born in the first place. That's how your team keeps a 10 year old stadium clean and updated within the top 5 stadiums in the nation. That money fair-weather fans spend on merch helps bring in better coaches and prospects.

I gotta admit, I've been a lifelong fan, and I have dropped out a couple of seasons, but I'd still to this day rather watch a Giants game than any sports team. PERIOD.
Old 04-24-2011, 07:56 PM
rok

I was at the game today actually. Such a good game, really tough loss. I'll chalk it up to our pitching staff to start getting in their stride.

Good thing was I got one of the last 3 trophies at the O'doule gate. Winning
Old 04-24-2011, 08:58 PM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan
Originally Posted by rok
Whenever my fair-weather fan friends drop knowledge of last season, I just let them know that I remember when JT Snow and Jeff Kent used to run the infield like no ones business and when big man Rod Beck was our ace closer. Let them know about times as a kid singing when the Giants come to town at the stick. Then most of them usually just end up saying I like how Freddy Sanchez body rolls at bat.

Thing is, after any big win, even if they make it to playoffs, a new group of fans will come up and like "your" team. But hey, thats how fans are born in the first place. That's how your team keeps a 10 year old stadium clean and updated within the top 5 stadiums in the nation. That money fair-weather fans spend on merch helps bring in better coaches and prospects.

I gotta admit, I've been a lifelong fan, and I have dropped out a couple of seasons, but I'd still to this day rather watch a Giants game than any sports team. PERIOD.
hah yeah when i was younger i was WAY into every sports team (nba, mlb, nfl, ncca) and knew everything and sort of just fell out of it the past 5-10 years...now i only watch giants and warriors games haha
Old 04-24-2011, 09:40 PM

Car Info: 07 legacy
Originally Posted by rok
I was at the game today actually. Such a good game, really tough loss. I'll chalk it up to our pitching staff to start getting in their stride.

Good thing was I got one of the last 3 trophies at the O'doule gate. Winning
i got there a little too late to grab one of the trophies. can you post a picture to show size reference cause i have no idea how big they are
Old 04-24-2011, 10:12 PM
rok

Originally Posted by enkeiandmore
i got there a little too late to grab one of the trophies. can you post a picture to show size reference cause i have no idea how big they are
From my phone http://plixi.com/p/95655789

The box is about 4x4" I'll take another pic next to my bobbleheads tomorrow for reference.

Last edited by rok; 04-24-2011 at 10:29 PM.
Old 04-25-2011, 12:40 AM

Car Info: 07 legacy
Originally Posted by rok
From my phone http://plixi.com/p/95655789

The box is about 4x4" I'll take another pic next to my bobbleheads tomorrow for reference.
Thats actually quite a bit better than i expected. From your picture it seems like your seats were really close to mine. Section 332 row 12
Old 04-25-2011, 07:23 AM
rok

Originally Posted by enkeiandmore
Thats actually quite a bit better than i expected. From your picture it seems like your seats were really close to mine. Section 332 row 12
Yeah sec 332 Row 3 seats 7-11. Got my tickets online last year for SUPER cheap. Here's the trophy sitting in the corner with my other Giants paraphernalia.

Quick Reply: Official Giants Baseball 2011 Thread!