Official: BEST "Local" inexpensive restaurant in the Bay Area! (FOOD!!!)

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2010, 11:33 PM

Car Info: 2016 FXT
Iguanas ftw!
Old 04-16-2010, 10:06 AM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by glenspen
What was the name of that Mexican restaurant that we went to after shooting that time? That was the best damn chimichanga i've ever had
I dont know how I overlooked this post, but the name of the restaurant was Mexico Lindo in Union City. I've been going there since I was a kid and love that damn place! Their "Pollo Baracho" (Chicken marinated in beer) is OUTSTANDING... So is just about everything else on the menu, including their fajitas (what me and your friend had)
Old 04-16-2010, 01:57 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
I'd like to share a REAL treasure of the Bay Area's culinary world... It's a Chinese restaurant that uses very high end/quality ingredients which result in an EXPLOSION of intense flavors in your mouth... Actually, this restaurant has single handedly jaded me towards other Chinese restaurants to where I really don't enjoy most Chinese places because of this place.

The name of the place is "China Chili" and it's in Fremont, right near the Fremont Hub. The places is pretty average in terms of decor and interior, but the food is what makes it so damn great. They have won a countless amount of awards for their foods (awards are on the wall when you come in) and the locals love the place which are two really good signs that the place is epic. All of their dishes are outstanding but I have my specific favorites that are so good that I can't eat them anywhere else. Dishes include: Wor Won ton soup, Hot and Sour soup, Peking duck, Kung Pao chicken, Mongolian beef, salt and pepper prawns, and others that I can't remember at the moment.

Their prices are just slightly higher than basic Chinese food restaurants and this is due to the fact that they use very fresh and high quality ingredients ONLY. Their Wor Won Ton soup is probably one of the most amazing things I've ever eaten, and it's followed closely by their Hot and sour soup which is INCREDIBLE. Both soups are epic and you wont be disappointed when you have them. One thing that sucks is that if you eat at the restaurant they only give you a tiny bowl of the soup, BUT if you take the soup to go then they give you a huge container of the soup for $7!!! (Enough for 2 people or 1 person who is huge and VERY hungry). If you want to try the soup that blows away any other soup in the entire bay area, and possibly in ALL of CA (in terms of Asian soups), then you really need to hit up China Chili and order their Wor Won Ton, or Hot and Sour soups (get it To go!). Nothing comes close to how flavorable these soups are... it's like a mouth orgasm. You have to try it out sometime, trust me on this one!!!

So next time you're in Fremont be sure to stop by at China Chili which is a couple blocks away from the Fremont Hub... Here's a picture of the bowl of Wor Won Ton soup that I got today (drove all the way from San Jose to Fremont just to pick this up... That's how good it is! No one/No where comes even close to how great these soups are! It's something everyone has to try before they die)
Attached Thumbnails Official: BEST "Local" inexpensive restaurant in the Bay Area! (FOOD!!!)-worwontonsoup.jpg  
Old 04-16-2010, 02:04 PM

Car Info: 07 legacy
Kahoo Ramen in saratoga