Official: Bass Fishing Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2009, 06:45 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 02 Subaru WRX w/ JDM Spec C
Official: Bass Fishing Thread

Alright, I know we have some fisherman / fisherpersons (for those politically correct individuals) just though we could share some stories, tips, locations. Maybe even get together a little meet and greet. As we all know most fishing spots have great locations which makes for a pleasant drive as well. I know I labeled it Bass Fishing, but open to all types of Anglers.

I know we all don't Bass fish, I also do Saltwater fishing around the Bay. And Surf fishing out in Bodega Dunes.

I love bass fishing, have been doing it for years. I probably spend more on fishing then I do on my car.

Maybe even in the future we could get a bbq or official BAIC camping trip.

I want to get into fly fishing if anyone is experienced and wouldn't mind teaching a noob. Please hit me up!

Here are few pictures I have caught over the last year in 2009, no big suckers yet!

Funny enough all these pictures were taken with my Blackberry, I think they came out pretty good.

Some of the beautiful locations I have fished also.

Last edited by nic3krnnamja83; 11-02-2009 at 11:46 AM.
Old 10-20-2009, 06:58 PM

Car Info: Evo X GSR, F250 Powerstroke Diesel
I love bass fishing. I live right on the delta so good bass fishing is right out my back door. But I don't get near enough time to really do some fishing. Its been my dream ever since I was a little kid (I started loving bass fishing way back then) to have a Ranger bass boat, sounds pretty dumb but there is something about those rangers.
Old 10-20-2009, 07:10 PM
VIP Member

Nice, have a bbq and meet at your house!
Old 10-20-2009, 10:33 PM
VIP Member

http://www.floridakayakfishing.com/index.html

Thought this might intrigue some of you bass people out there.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:38 PM

Car Info: 2002 Subaru WRX PSM
My PB to date

a tad over 16.5 lbs

Also, I have been fly fishing for about 6 years and can hold my own, so if you ever need any pointers, shoot me a PM
Attached Thumbnails Official: Bass Fishing Thread-toadbass.jpg  
Old 10-20-2009, 10:49 PM

Bay Fish

In case you do any fishing in the SF bay, here is a shark I caught and released a few months back
Attached Thumbnails Official: Bass Fishing Thread-shark1.jpg  
Old 10-20-2009, 10:55 PM
VIP Member

Nice, What kind of shark?

Where in the hell did you catch that lunker? Did you release her? What did you catch her on?

Such a beauty!
Old 10-20-2009, 11:10 PM

I release everything! Caught the shark in the bay, caught the bass in a local bay area lake on a Jerry Rago trout tool. Didn't catch a single fish in about 10 outings, but thats what happens when you throw 12" long baits! Keep at it, they get bigger and bigger. And don't be afraid to try something new!
Old 10-20-2009, 11:13 PM
VIP Member

Oh I throw big baits trust me, 5 years ago I caught a 12 pounder on a 12inch custom A.C. Plug, I swore I almost had a heart attack when that thing hit.
Old 10-20-2009, 11:40 PM

Car Info: Honda with a wing =P
Boo, I'm not a hardcore angler, but I can't catch any decent Bass in local lakes. If anyone can point me to a spot 30-45 mins from San Jose where I can catch decent bass that would be awesome.
Old 10-20-2009, 11:41 PM

Car Info: 05' wrx - WTT for sti trunk
yahhh bass fishing! haha I usally go to anderson lake in morgan hill, I catch aabout 2-3 majority of time I go out there.
Old 10-20-2009, 11:47 PM
VIP Member

No need to be hardcore angler, just enjoy fishing and the outdoors! I hear there is a lake in Santa Clara that has decent fishing, but only open on certain days.
Old 10-20-2009, 11:55 PM

Car Info: Honda with a wing =P
Originally Posted by nic3krnnamja83
No need to be hardcore angler, just enjoy fishing and the outdoors! I hear there is a lake in Santa Clara that has decent fishing, but only open on certain days.

I know, I enjoy it either way, but it seems like you gotta put in a lot of time and effort to catch decent bass.
Old 10-21-2009, 12:01 AM

Car Info: 2002 WRX (RIP) // 2007 STi "OMGASTI"
Smile

Lexington reservoir off 17 (since its back up) holds some decent quality bass and usually a lot of them. Its the complete opposite (lol...) as Stevens Creek Reservoir...which i thought was the dead sea until i pulled in a 4..incher, and a couple 12"-14" (ranging in pounds). But Stevens Creek is tough!!!

Calero is fun as long as you stay away from the boaters/skiers...they will pretend not to see you and boat right in front of where your fishing..But excellent quality bass. Mercury is old news so theres nothing different in this lake anymore

Coyote Reservoir (best bass fishing spot in the south bay area imo). Decent size fish is an understatement at what you can catch there! 10+lbers are not uncommon! I pulled my biggest from there (8.5lber) float tubing drop shot.

If you go near Amador County; Pardee and Amador are great lakes. Amador is recommended if you have to shore fish and Pardee is boats only i recommend, its HUGE!

I did a couple tournaments with Melcotton's in san jose and Bass-n-tubes at coyote (3 times, only one was a fishless disappointment). Finished a Melcotton's tourney in 2nd at Lexington (fish jumped out of my livewell that would have won it; the one that got away haha).
Havent fished since the fishless disappointment.

I drop shot ALL the time when i bass fish! Either that or crawdad colored rattle traps but thats basically it. Ive had the most luck on dropshot in almost all depths so thats what i do.
Old 10-21-2009, 09:17 AM

Car Info: www.pinoymamba.tumblr.com

My buddy caught this off the beach. He had to cut more than half of it to get it home since his cooler wasn't big enough.

Quick Reply: Official: Bass Fishing Thread