Official BAM XI 2011 Thanks, Shout Outs (...and Missed Connections?) Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2011, 11:43 PM

Car Info: 2005 WRX
Originally Posted by G_Ride
That makes sense to me. Besides, that would have been a lot, money wise, to give away. **** the people who were really mad that the shortblock wasn't there!
Maybe there were people who were mad, but I don't see that reflected in this thread.

I'll address this very very briefly. Personally, I completely respect Paul's decision, and any other vendor's decision, to make changes. Personally, I was a bit surprised and confused since when I arrived, I could've sworn I was told the shortblock was one of the raffle prizes, _at the time I bought raffle tickets_.

I'm not sore or mad about it, I bought tickets to support a good cause. A prize would've been neat, but at least for me, that wasn't the purpose.

I don't know when that change was communicated, or why it wasn't clear, but if anything, my concern would be about communication. Setting expectations. That's all.

Again, thanks to Paul, EQ, and all the people who stepped up and helped to make this volunteer event a success, both for the people who attended, and for Red Cross Japan relief effort.
Old 08-10-2011, 12:10 AM

Car Info: 2008 Forester XT
Originally Posted by macker
Well, since you called out (amongst others) my post, I'll respond to you personally.

**** you.

I did say something at the time. Repeatedly. Nothing was changed.

This wasn't a concert, it wasn't a club, it wasn't a music event. It was a car show. i expect the music to have been a component of the entertainment. When you can't have conversations with vendors who paid to be there, that's a problem.

You're entitled to your opinions, but that's a hell of a statement to make, without even asking if anyone _did_ say something.

Kthxbye.
oh yeah who'd you talk to? I'm calling you out, cuz that's a lie. You never asked the DJ. so **** you.
Old 08-10-2011, 12:15 AM

Car Info: '11 White Shelby Cobra GT 500
Wow the name calling can stop., this is ridiculous.