Official BAM X Pre-Pay and Information thread! Please pre-pay here!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2010, 05:46 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Thanks for everything Gagan... You've done a lot over the years and I wont ever forget it. I wish everyone was as honest as you are... It's a shame that we have people with ill intent who attend our event. I like to think that BAIC is above other clubs in terms of honesty and loyalty, but there's always a bad apple that ruins the whole bunch. I still like to believe that BAIC is better than most clubs and chapters, especially offline (because it's hard to know someone online, especially since sarcasm can't really be detected and people get really offended at things that were meant to be jokes, etc)... I like to believe that the people who have ripped us off were people who weren't avid members of this club and just sort of showed up or tagged along with another member... (when they stole shirts/hoodies, or took food for free, they didn't just take money away from the animals that needed that money, but they also took money from US as a whole and that's unacceptable)

It sucks that I have to get someone to be a "security guard" to make sure that people don't do things like steal shirts or circumvent the system and being free loaders. Actually, it REALLY sucks.

How about this... If we catch someone trying to steal something, like a shirt or raffle prize, I will get on the microphone and announce it in front of everyone, and when they are identified and put in front of everyone we can throw extra food (or any item that is garbage) at them and make sure they never post on another message board again! How about that? Sweet vengeance! I was sooooo mad about the fact that someone(s) stole shirts and hoodies from the girls last year... God damn, it made me soooo furious! It still makes me mad just thinking about it!
Old 08-02-2010, 06:06 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Originally Posted by brucelee

How about this... If we catch someone trying to steal something, like a shirt or raffle prize, I will get on the microphone and announce it in front of everyone, and when they are identified and put in front of everyone we can throw extra food (or any item that is garbage) at them and make sure they never post on another message board again! How about that? Sweet vengeance! I was sooooo mad about the fact that someone(s) stole shirts and hoodies from the girls last year... God damn, it made me soooo furious! It still makes me mad just thinking about it!
We could use rocks too
Old 08-02-2010, 08:39 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
I've paid extra every year... WHERE'S MY REFUND!?!
Originally Posted by brucelee
You have def paid every year even though you didn't have to... It's people like you who offset the people who don't pay, or people who waste food, etc.

The cooks, and the organizers (Ave and Anna) get in for free of course. They work so hard and make the event possible! Without them we'd be toast.
Originally Posted by sigma pi
I heard a rumor that the person coming from the furthest away gets to attend for free
sooooooooo thanks jolt dude?

JK I have to work
Old 08-02-2010, 11:27 PM
Churro Aficionado

Boo this man^

edit: Wait I know you work some Sat... but Sun too????
Old 08-03-2010, 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by stupidchicken03
Boo this man^

edit: Wait I know you work some Sat... but Sun too????
He's full of ****, he doesn't have to work, he's just afraid of large crowds and short people... If he went he'd fall to the ground and get into the fetal position until someone carried him to safety. He's what the French call "Le-Pooosy".
Old 08-07-2010, 01:27 AM

Car Info: 2008 AW FSXT
Not sure i'll be able to make it, but i'm gonna pre-pay anyhow.

Payment sent.
Old 08-07-2010, 04:41 AM

Car Info: '11 White Shelby Cobra GT 500
I will more than likely just pay at the door as i dont have a paypal account. It will just be me cus bryan works sundays. Is there a price for parking as well? Just trying to get it all squared in my head. Just a few days before my wedding anniversary w00t!! Usually i worry about traveling by myself but lol i drove to oregon and did a 30 day vacation and im about to head back to the bay on tuesday so that drive wont be anything to me now haha.
Old 08-07-2010, 10:27 AM
Churro Aficionado

Oh ya damn I forgot about parking.

I THINK it was $2-3 last year???

Bruce, any idea?
Old 08-07-2010, 09:44 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: RIP: 04 WRB SEDAN Now Rollin' in STi
IIRC, parking was $7 or something. i know its somewhere between $5-$10
Old 08-08-2010, 12:33 AM

Car Info: '15 LE STI, '06 WRX White Wheeled Wagon, '06 B9
What's the deal with parking? And what are the price of the raffle tix?
Old 08-08-2010, 10:23 AM
Churro Aficionado

Originally Posted by A.V.E.
IIRC, parking was $7 or something. i know its somewhere between $5-$10
****! Was it really that much?? Thats crazy. Especially concidering how much it costs to rent the place out, you would think they could give us free parking haha.
Old 08-08-2010, 10:48 AM
rau
Something Custom

Car Info: 2018 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel EOC Stage 1
Originally Posted by sigma pi
I heard a rumor that the person coming from the furthest away gets to attend for free
So World One Stephanie is coming again then?
Old 08-08-2010, 01:01 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: RIP: 04 WRB SEDAN Now Rollin' in STi
even at the old mt. hammy days parking wasnt included.

Originally Posted by stupidchicken03
****! Was it really that much?? Thats crazy. Especially concidering how much it costs to rent the place out, you would think they could give us free parking haha.
Old 08-11-2010, 06:38 PM

Can mods please make this sticky? The following is long, but it's important info that everyone should read... Please take the 5 mins to read this post!

Yeah, parking has never been included, it's the one thing I don't have control over at all... Its irritating especially since we pay $500+ to rent the spot and have to pay $$$ in insurance (We have to insure up to a million dollars which is the minimum), you'd think they would give us a break on parking especially considering how many cars we have coming into the park. Think about how much money they make from parking alone! Say we have 350 cars (which is about what we had last year) and lets say each car is $10, that's $3,500 in their pocket right there just for parking! I know it goes to maintaining the park which is actually a wild life refuge so it's for a good cause, but still, they could at least give us a discount or something.

Since we're on the subject of $$$ and the event, I wanted to share some info with those of you who don't know how things work.

We have around 500 people that attend the event each year (last year at least), each of those people pay $6 (if they pre-pay) to get in which gives us a total of about $3,000 for food... Vendor money is focused at park rental, supplies for the event, insurance, and any leftover funds are used for food. Lets say we get $4,000 for food/drinks, that means we have 4k to spend on feeding 500-550 people. The more money we get from entry and such the better the quality of food we'll have. I don't know if you guys have ever thrown a large party with like 100 people and have fed them all, but it gets EXPENSIVE REALLY FAST. If we have 550 people, I have to buy food for 650 people because people waste food and people sneak in and don't pay so we need to be prepared for that. I try to aim at buying about one pound of food PER PERSON, I know that sounds like a lot, but if previous years have been any indication, it's def something we need to do because we have run out of food even with all the precautions we take. To break it down a bit, here's how it works:

Each person gets:

1. 1 Plate of food with around 1 pound of food on the plate. We try to use high quality food, like gourmet sausages, foster farms chicken, quality ground beef patties, good cheeses, condiments, good breads/buns as well as sides like chips, chili, potato salad, and of course desert which is usually something like an individual bag of famous Amos chocolate chip cookies, fruit snacks, and things of that nature. This year I will make sure that everyone gets a well rounded meal with every food group and give them an option of selecting which type of main course they want (You should be able to have two main items, so if you want a Adel's sausage hoagy and a cheeseburger, or just two cheese burgers, or two pieces of chicken and hotdog, or whatever combination you desire... Then you get your choice of sides, chips, and desert.

2. Each person should get an average of 3 drinks, at least that's how many I'm buying. I need to buy 1800 individual drinks, that means cans of soda, bottles of water, etc. Its so much stuff that it completely FILLS two costco flatbed carts (you know those flat bed carts like they have at home depot). You stack the drinks on two of those flatbeds and they still overflow and we have to use a regular cart for the overflow drinks.

3. We also need plates, napkins, charcoal (lots of it!), lighter fluid, ketchup/mustard/relish/onions/pickles/and whatever other condiment, raffle tix (two sets), bracelets, caution tape, mini soccer cones, ICE (a metric ton of ice!!!), food containers to store raw food as well as food that has already been cooked, and lots of other random items we need to make this event work

That doesn't include the insane amount of time that is involved in making this event happen. People don't usually realize how much effort it takes to make this event successful. We could cheap out and have everyone bring their own food and just have some really ordinary meet, but the whole point of BAM is to go above and beyond regular meets... We organizers (Me, Ave, and Panda, as well as all the volunteers) aim to make this a very care-free event where you just show up and everything is taken care of for you... All the events are planned out, food is prepared for you and everything is free once you're in the event (except for extra raffle tix, one ticket is included with your entrance fee but extras will cost extra like last year). Every penny we make from the raffle will go to the Furry Friends animal rescue, and you can be assured that your money will go to good cause and will be spent wisely.

With all that being said, it takes a lot of time and a lot of money to have a successful event and this year is going to be one hell of a year, def a year to remember! For more info, see the sticky thread "BAM events" for the program (which isn't set in concrete yet, the event starts at 11am so we need to change the program's time slots a little bit)

Thank you everyone for being part of this great event, we couldn't do it without all of you. We're officially the longest running annual Subaru gathering in North America, and we're also one of the largest. There are only 2 meets that are bigger than us, possibly 1 (I don't know how many people attend Subiefest). I think it's something to be really proud of, especially since we pull off something so large and we're just the Bay Area. The other large meets I mentioned are a mass of states that get together, we're just a small collections of cities in the bay area. We own.

Remember Kiddies, Sept 12th @ 11am in Novato, CA. Stafford Lake, at Picnic area #1 (same as last year).

Remember to drive up in a caravan if you can, it makes it sooooo much more fun to be in a huge caravan of 40-50 cars! Look for caravan threads in your area!
Old 08-11-2010, 10:23 PM
Churro Aficionado

Everything sounds great

Sac/Reno caravan
https://www.i-club.com/forums/sacramento-reno-116/attn-sric-members-going-bam-x-221973/

Quick Reply: Official BAM X Pre-Pay and Information thread! Please pre-pay here!!!