Official: 49ers 2013-2014 Season Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 06:35 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Originally Posted by zumnwrx
Lawrence Okoye a gifted athlete ... reminds me of Bo Jackson's gifts. tho bo was faster and played his whole life

doubt he will make the cut
I think he makes the cut. Forgot to mention this, but Harbaugh definitely brought it up on his review to the press.

“Inadequate. It was my first impression standing next to him. He’s just an Adonis. Just a great physical specimen of a man. I can think of some other adjectives. Our Creator created a beautiful man. And the things that really impressed, he had the rugby background growing up, and didn’t start throwing the discus until he was 18 years old. And then two years later he was throwing in the Olympics. So, you maybe start to put the pieces together and say, taking on football at this time in his life, I can see this guy doing it. So, I’m excited. And I think you will be, too, when you get them all together. When you get this entire rookie class together and we go walking out to the field and there’s [S Eric] Reid, and [DL Cornellius] Tank [Carradine].”
Coach's Notebook: April 27

On a different topic, BJ Daniels from USF has a similar skillset of Kaepernick, I think he ends up being 2nd string in a couple of years. I don't think Tolzien and McCoy can do what Kaepernick does.
Old 04-29-2013, 08:49 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
BJ Daniels is basically a clone of Russell my jimmy Wilson. Will help our D learn how to contain him because they got torched last season.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:04 AM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
Rookie Quinton Patton impresses 49ers' Jim Harbaugh - NFL.com

"Attack this day with an enthusiasm unknown to mankind" is one of the many great Harbaughisms.

San Francisco 49ers rookie wide receiver Quinton Patton embodied that spirit earlier this week when he flew, at his own expense, from his hometown of Nashville, Tenn., to the Bay Area, eager to start preparing for the season.

Around the League examines the aftershocks of the 2013 NFL Draft for each team:

"He's already my favorite guy," coach Jim Harbaugh told KNBR-AM in San Francisco on Wednesday afternoon as he gleefully relayed Patton's story.

The fourth-round draft pick from Louisiana Tech alerted the 49ers that he was coming to work after arriving at the airport.

"We had to go, 'You're where? What airport did you fly in to? You're in a rental car driving here?'" Harbaugh said. "'Yeah, coach, 20 minutes away.' We go, 'He can't be here, he can't come here. He's not allowed to be at our facility.'"

Aside from the 24-hour period after they are drafted for media introductions, rookies aren't allowed at the team facility until the start of rookie minicamp -- which starts May 10 for the 49ers. Had Patton arrived at the facility he wouldn't have been able to participate in next weekend's camp. The Niners had to tell the rookie to turn around and head back home.

Patton might have dropped a few dimes on the flight and car, but that could be the cheapest price any player has paid to earn a coach's admiration.

"The fact that he would buy his own ticket, fly out here, just speaks volumes about him," Harbaugh said of Patton. "To be honest with you, he reminds me of me. That's something I would have done. I love it."
Old 05-14-2013, 02:45 PM

UPDATE: Preseason Schedule, dates and times.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:35 PM

Niner Nation welcomes Super Bowl L at Levi's Stadium in 2016! Should really get this area buzzin' about.
Old 05-22-2013, 11:33 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
San Francisco 49ers – Niner Insider Blog – SFGate.com » Crabtree to have possibly season-ending Achilles surgery

Ouch!
Old 05-22-2013, 12:45 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by iLoqin
Niner Nation welcomes Super Bowl L at Levi's Stadium in 2016! Should really get this area buzzin' about.
There is no Nation other than the Raider Nation.

Seriously... Why are teams come out with this **** the last 2 seasons.

Niner Faithful right? Please stick to that... Don't try to take something we've started... We don't have much cool **** left!
Old 05-22-2013, 12:45 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Wow... That is terrible!
Old 05-22-2013, 01:05 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Wonder if that means they will resign Randy Moss (who was the reason for the INT in the Super Bowl after he didn't even TRY to attempt to make a catch on that ball that was going to him), try and sign another WR or just roll with what they have on the roster and hope someone like Jenkins or Patton steps up?
Old 05-22-2013, 04:03 PM

Jenkins/Boldin will probably be on the ball. Manningham/Williams will need to continue their recovery, so hopefully they'll be additions.

This will be interesting.
Old 05-22-2013, 04:23 PM

Car Info: AW STI 05
Moss will not get resigned... This coaching staff is very good at getting the most out our talent.... atleast we have time now to work on this issue..lets be happy this didnt happen in week 8
Old 05-23-2013, 12:23 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '00 BRP RS Sedan / '04 PSM FXT (RIP)
Yeah, Moss can sit on his ***. I don't think anyone wants that prima donna back in the red and gold. Hopefully Jenkins gets his sht together and figures out the big bad NFL. Manningham and Williams will set up I'm sure. Interesting it will be.

-Brian
Old 05-23-2013, 12:54 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
I dont think people give Moss enough credit for taking the double teams which was a big reason Crabtree did so well last year.

Kinda hoping the extra time that Jenkins and Patton are putting in with Kap pays off. Jenkins has the potential to be a Mike Wallace type of receiver.
Old 05-23-2013, 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by wrxBRAH
I dont think people give Moss enough credit for taking the double teams which was a big reason Crabtree did so well last year.

Kinda hoping the extra time that Jenkins and Patton are putting in with Kap pays off. Jenkins has the potential to be a Mike Wallace type of receiver.
On that note, Moss/V. Davis took the double teams. Everyone knew how Davis wrecked a couple of years ago and therefore he got wayyyy more attention than Crabtree.

Jenkins needs to man up and do his thing, unlike last year. The rookies also have a shot at being on the field much earlier than Jenkins, too. I want to see how fast Patton really wants to put in and go. And lets not forget, although most people forget, about the wide receiver named Hall, he was resigned again so I expect him to show up and do something as a 3-4 guy.

But for the matter, Boldin understands what it is to be stout. As long as Jenkins turns into a Torrey Smith type of guy, the 49ers shouldn't worry too much about the receivers. I also expect Vernon Davis to have a big come back year.
Old 06-19-2013, 12:29 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Vernon Davis to play receiver for San Francisco 49ers? - NFL.com

Vernon Davis face in the video clip.

Justin Smith, 49ers reach two-year contract extension - NFL.com

Justin Smith is given a 2 year extension (which he believes will retire by the end of that contract).

Greg Roman signs extension with San Francisco 49ers - NFL.com

Greg Roman also given a 2 year extension. Granted he may still jump ship to become a Head Coach after this upcoming season (we'll see what happens).

Quick Reply: Official: 49ers 2013-2014 Season Thread