Official: 49ers 2013-2014 Season Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 04:19 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Tank in the second round after trading down.

Maybe Travis Kelce is going to be the new TE if hes not picked at 61. Who knows at this point.
Old 04-26-2013, 04:23 PM

Car Info: Nadda
I'm just excited now, 49ers tryin to kill QBs with these rushers.
Old 04-26-2013, 05:11 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
There is the TE replacement for Delanie Walker. Niners select Vance McDonald from Rice. 6'4", 267 lbs. Good sized TE.
Old 04-26-2013, 05:24 PM

only 6.4.... what a ****ing manlet. admittedly I dont know anything about him other than hes white and possesses dat viking strength.

nm just found out he drops the ball as consistently as Delanie. *** this pick.

Last edited by FXTbrah; 04-26-2013 at 05:42 PM.
Old 04-26-2013, 07:10 PM

88th pick in the draft, Corey Lemonier, DE Auburn.

Yepppp 49ers tryin' to kill QBs this season.
Old 04-26-2013, 07:57 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
He'll be blocking. The got him so they can release v.d. more
Old 04-26-2013, 08:12 PM

Car Info: 2011 2.5i Spark Silver
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
He'll be blocking. The got him so they can release v.d. more
He isn't a good blocker right now and will have to learn since he would be a liability right now. They will probably use him with Davis as a Z/X receiver and let the WRs work out of the slot.
Old 04-26-2013, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by ruehl
He isn't a good blocker right now and will have to learn since he would be a liability right now. They will probably use him with Davis as a Z/X receiver and let the WRs work out of the slot.
Exactly because if they wanted to go with the blocking TE, they would've taken Kelce. Clearly they know something we dont but I was really hoping for a TE who's hands werent a liability like Delanies were a lot of times. We'll see how it plays out.

I know Vance has good pedigree and is crazy athletic. Also Niners tend to shy away from guys with troubled past and are drawn towards guys with good upbringing.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:40 PM

Suggesting the nutty here, but I think Harbaugh and Roman can do it.

Pick up Tebow, use him as a FB/HB and now your option read can be 2-3 with Kaep/LMJ/Gore/Tebow.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by iLoqin
Suggesting the nutty here, but I think Harbaugh and Roman can do it.

Pick up Tebow, use him as a FB/HB and now your option read can be 2-3 with Kaep/LMJ/Gore/Tebow.
I fully agree but the media that comes with Tebow is going to be a big factor. I really thought Jags would pick him up to ticket sales.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by wrxBRAH
I fully agree but the media that comes with Tebow is going to be a big factor. I really thought Jags would pick him up to ticket sales.
Yea, that's the only real bad news with Tebow, and I don't even understand the news that comes with him.

The dude believes in religion, but many players pray and do the same thing?! The dude has never said anything bad about anyone, works hard, and practices hard? What is wrong with that? Absolutely 110% football player.

But yea he snags the media, but I think the 49ers could even overcome that and considering the complexities of their offense and the tools Tebow brings, I just threw that out there. It'd be nuts to have those guys in the backfield. I can imagine Kaepernick snapping under center, or even in shotgun with a Wishbone Backfield of Gore/LMJ/Tebow. LoL, it'd be like 4 running backs back there with a couple misdirections and 2 guys that can possibly hand the ball off.
Old 04-29-2013, 02:46 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
I literally just came to this thread to post this link. LOL!
Y! SPORTS

I think picking up Tebow to convert to TE and have as a backup QB is a perfect fit for the Niners or a couple other teams... the Raiders included.

If I was the Raiders GM I'd be all over Tebow. I think several teams will be but I think it will be like this...

But I really do think that Tebow is going to have to make a huge choice... give up on being a QB in the NFL or leave the NFL for now and try again after he goes and destroys one of the pro leagues for a couple years. I think he's got game. I think the jets screwed him and pulled one of the most jacked up moves in NFL history.
Old 04-29-2013, 03:56 PM

Tebow's done everything right that he possibly can. He doesn't look for attention, he justs wants to play some football..

IMO I'd still wish to see some insane wishbone backfield

Gore - Kaepernick - Tebow
................|
............. LMJ

Try following that with misdirection or a swing speed option.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:06 PM

Lawrence Okoye to 49ers leads free-agent rookie deals - NFL.com

Aaron Rodgers' quarterback brother, Jordan Rodgers, is headed to the Jacksonville Jaguars, but the most interesting story among the undrafted free agents is British discus record-holder Lawrence Okoye, now a member of the San Francisco 49ers.

The 2012 Olympian was the star of the NFL Super Regional Combine early this month, posting a 10-foot-5 broad jump, a 35-inch vertical jump and a 4.78 40-yard dash at 6-foot-6 and 304 pounds.

Although Okoye never has played football before, he's already made an impression on 49ers head coach Jim Harbaugh. "Inadequate -- that was my first impression standing next to him," Harbaugh said Saturday via the Sacramento Bee. "An Adonis, a great physical specimen of a man. ... Our creator created a beautiful man."
I was eyeing this dude who hasn't played football ever, but I think once he learns skills he'll be damn good. I just hope the 49ers got a spot on a roster somewhere, cuz I bet other folks will take a look at him.

Dude's an olympian, if he trains like he does for the Olympics in football he'll be awesome. The fact that he's 6'6 304lb and can run a 4.78 dash is pretty sick. Can you say Superbeast in the middle or edge?

Harbaaulke like players with great intel.

Last edited by iLoqin; 04-29-2013 at 06:09 PM.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:12 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: R.I.P 03 aspen white wrx
Lawrence Okoye a gifted athlete ... reminds me of Bo Jackson's gifts. tho bo was faster and played his whole life

doubt he will make the cut

Quick Reply: Official: 49ers 2013-2014 Season Thread