Official: 49ers 2013-2014 Season Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2013, 07:05 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
I'm looking forward to Goldson hitting the open market and the Eagles picking him up.
Old 03-12-2013, 02:33 PM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.2L
Delanie to Titans (4 yr contract):

Tennessee Titans reach deals with Andy Levitre, Delanie Walker -- sources - ESPN
Old 03-12-2013, 04:25 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Oooo man, opening for a new tight end. I'm interested in that.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:23 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
Fletcher, Chung headline five signings for Eagles - NFL.com

"Signed to a three-year, $12 million deal with $5 million guaranteed, Sopoaga fills the glaring vacancy as a run-stuffing nose tackle to help new coordinator Billy Davis convert to a 3-4 scheme. This move allows the Eagles to concentrate on the best player available with the No. 4 overall draft pick."
Old 03-12-2013, 07:22 PM

Yea... 49ers will need at least 2-3 DL folks as well as a DB or two.
Old 03-13-2013, 03:14 PM

Dashon Goldson signs with Tampa. DT Glen Dorsey signs with 49ers.

49ers looking at Charles Woodson and Nnamdi Asomugha at the moment.
Old 03-13-2013, 03:20 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by TurnWRX
Dashon Goldson signs with Tampa. DT Glen Dorsey signs with 49ers.

49ers looking at Charles Woodson and Nnamdi Asomugha at the moment.
Woodson was my prediction a long time ago. I figured that's where he'd end up.

he's a great fit and he wants to win. Always has. That was his beef with Oakland back in the day. He didn't feel like they were building dynasty teams. No long term vision. He was right.

I think he'd be a great fit. Same with Nnamdi. He's an up close kind of dude so it's really all about if he fits in to their defensive system. He's not the guy you leave out there to cover the speed guys one on one.

Both he and woodson fit the same mold in my book... kind of safety/corner blend guys but woodson is the bigger hitter for sure... and the better ball guy. He's the better player... right now.

But in how many years does he have left?

He's a 1-3 year guy probably.

Nnamdi could be a 3-5 guy if he fits.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:08 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Welker to Broncos and Amendola to Pats. Cross two more WRs off the FA list.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:35 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
Originally Posted by wrxBRAH
Welker to Broncos and Amendola to Pats. Cross two more WRs off the FA list.
Those aren't fully surprising though as the Patriots were linked to Amendola since at least last year. Granted, I'm kind of surprised that Welker's deal is for only $12 Million when the Patriots offered him $10 Million for the same time frame and they didn't just up it by $2 Million to keep the proven commodity. Guess they figure that he wasn't as clutch in the playoffs and wanted to get a younger version.
Old 03-13-2013, 05:52 PM

damn, Avril to the seahawks.
Cliff Avril agrees to two-year deal with Seattle Seahawks, according to source - ESPN
Old 03-13-2013, 06:12 PM

The 'Hawks really upgraded..... and Avril is someone I thought the 49ers were going to pick up. The west will definitely have the 49ers + 'Hawks going at it for one of the 1-4 sports for a while.

Avril even took a pay cut, going 2years for $15mil vs 3year 30mil. That says he's in it for the championship.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...-agree-to-deal

Amendola signs with the Pats after Welker bounced. Amendola 5yr 31mil = 6.0+mil a year. Basically insulting Welker who is making 6mil/yr for 2 years with the Broncos.

Pats basically slapped Welker in the face. Sorry, but QBs make receivers, not the other way around. Both will have good seasons, but I think Amendola has a better season than last (yea he was hurt) and Welker has a poorer season because Manning has other weapons.

Still interesting how Patriots stated only 5mil/yr for Welker, but ended up paying 6mil/year with Amendola and a long contract. Welker must be pissed, and I bet he wants to beat dem Pats in the playoffs.

Last edited by iLoqin; 03-13-2013 at 06:18 PM.
Old 03-14-2013, 05:19 PM

Michael Bennett, Seattle Seahawks agree to contract - NFL.com

The twist is that he will be shopping for a new residence as far from South Beach as possible. A club source told NFL.com's Albert Breer on Thursday that Bennett has agreed to terms with the Seattle Seahawks on a one-year, $5 million contract, pending a physical. ProFootballTalk first reported the deal.
I hope the 49ers have some answers in the draft. Doesn't look like too many bigs moves are going on... besides losing some players.
Old 03-14-2013, 05:34 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by iLoqin
Michael Bennett, Seattle Seahawks agree to contract - NFL.com

I hope the 49ers have some answers in the draft. Doesn't look like too many bigs moves are going on... besides losing some players.
Yeah unless they make a super super killer draft my power rankings are gonna look like this...

Seahawks.
Broncos.
Niners.
Houston.
Packers.
Atlanta.
Wash
Indy
New England
Vikings

After that... hell if I know man. I think Detroit, Philly, KC, Tampa and Miami all got better. I think a few teams got worse.. Oakland and Buffalo come to mind.

I honestly think the Vikings made a huge mistake with Harvin and I don't think they'll win as many games this year as they did last year.

The rest of the teams just kinda stayed the same.

So the draft is gonna be huge.

Seattle, Philly, KC, Tampa, Broncos, SF... so far been decent in the FA world and I don't think any of them really hurt themselves except SF loosing their safety.

I think it'll come down to Seattle and Denver this year. I picked Denver and S.F. last year. Got close.

I put the niners up there based mainly on defense and their potential draft class... quality youth and coaching is gonna keep them good for quite a few years as long as CK7 improves. And I think he will. He's a smart kid with a killer arm. Doesn't need to run for 100 yards a game... in fact I think he shouldn't. Sure fire way to end up the next Vick.
Old 03-14-2013, 05:38 PM
General Pimpin'

Atlanta might even jump up to number 4/5 depending on the draft and how healthy they can be...

Roddy White and J.Jones at WR.
Steven Jackson/Turner/Snelling at RB. They have 5 RB's right now. I'm curious to see who they dump or shop.
Gonzalez might come back if offer him enough money or build a contender for him.
Decent Defense and they'll probably draft there.

Could be interesting.
Old 03-14-2013, 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Yeah unless they make a super super killer draft my power rankings are gonna look like this...

Seahawks.
Broncos.
Niners.
Houston.
Packers.
Atlanta.
Wash
Indy
New England
Vikings
NFC
Niners/Seahawks
ATL
Pack
Wash
Saints

AFC
Broncos
New England
Houston
Indy (Indy's Defense suck *****, unless they stiffin that up you can't rely all on Luck)
Balt/Cin

I definitely believe the teams I listed they're all going to be hovering around the playoffs. The rest are a wash and would be surprising if they could move up.

IMO Houston can never be in the top 2, their offense isn't explosive enough. Where as all other offenses of the other teams are explosive. Sure you can argue about A. Johnson and Foster, but eh. I don't believe in Shaub, reminds me of Alex Smith. Consistent, safe, not explosive.

Quick Reply: Official: 49ers 2013-2014 Season Thread