Official: 49ers 2013-2014 Season Thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 06:13 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
Originally Posted by stupidchicken03
David Akers officially released by San Francisco 49ers - NFL.com

It's official now, Akers has been released. Now the Niners need to get a new Kicker (hopefully not Billy Cundiff again though).
Old 03-07-2013, 04:50 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Richard Sherman buries Skip Bayless on 'First Take' - NFL.com

If the Niners did end up getting Revis it would make for a very interesting dynamic as him and Richard Sherman have been going at it recently in the Social Media.
Old 03-07-2013, 05:00 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by flukewrx
Richard Sherman buries Skip Bayless on 'First Take' - NFL.com

If the Niners did end up getting Revis it would make for a very interesting dynamic as him and Richard Sherman have been going at it recently in the Social Media.
They won't. I mean it would be a one year lone but I don't see it happening. They gotta consider next year's salaries too. CK7 gonna get a fat raise. And they need to keep money freed up to sign this HUGE draft class.
Old 03-07-2013, 05:44 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
They won't. I mean it would be a one year lone but I don't see it happening. They gotta consider next year's salaries too. CK7 gonna get a fat raise. And they need to keep money freed up to sign this HUGE draft class.
I agree, I really don't see them signing him either as it just doesn't seem worth it for what they would have to give up to get him. Plus with how much they would have to pay just to retain him which would pretty much cripple them in the future.

Still would be interesting to see though.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:03 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Niners don't have a lot of slots to fill. I mean you can make a case for some, but most of the guys can get the job done. I think they trade some picks away for some future building. I highly doubt if they draft 14-17 guys will will they actually use or keep around more than half the draft. But there are some needy teams who don't have much picks that could really benefit of using new faces for cheaper cost and revamping their teams.

But the Revis thing. He's a question mark now, he might not be 100% this year, maybe the following year he's awesome again. But yea, outside of just a 1yr deal, the 49ers don't make big splashes, ever, going for certain folks.
Old 03-07-2013, 06:07 PM

In other news...

John Abraham to visit Seattle Seahawks as free agent - NFL.com

NFL.com's Kimberly Jones reported Thursday that John Abraham is on his way to Seattle for a visit with the Seahawks. Released by the Atlanta Falcons last week, Abraham can get a jump on a well-stocked free-agent market for defensive ends.
Say it ain't so, please say it ain't so!
Old 03-11-2013, 01:29 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Anquan Boldin to be traded to San Francisco 49ers - NFL.com

"Seeking salary-cap relief, the Baltimore Ravens desperately want Anquan Boldin to accept a $2 million reduction in pay for the 2013 season. A man of principle, Boldin is sticking to his guns about playing under the contract he originally signed.

With both sides at a standstill, general manager Ozzie Newsome has come up with a solution that could strengthen a fierce competitor while leaving his team worse off in the long run. NFL.com's Albert Breer reported Monday, citing a Ravens source, that Boldin will be traded to the San Francisco 49ers for a sixth-round draft pick.

The Baltimore Sun first reported the trade. Per ESPN's Adam Schefter, the trade is contingent on Boldin -- currently on an African mission -- passing a physical.

Three years ago, Newsome netted Boldin and a fifth-round pick from the Arizona Cardinals in exchange for a third- and fourth-round pick. Playoff hero or no, Newsome did well to collect a draft pick for a player about to enter the decline phase of his career. Boldin wasn't going to see his $6 million salary, in which case the Ravens would have simply released him on Tuesday."
Old 03-11-2013, 01:31 PM
aka FlukeWRX

This move comes on the heels of the Seattle Vikings (I mean the Seahawks) trading for Percy Harvin.

Vikings agree to trade Percy Harvin to 'Hawks for picks - NFL.com

Percy Harvin trade to Seahawks sparks Twitter buzz - NFL.com
Old 03-11-2013, 01:39 PM
General Pimpin'

Huge trade for both of those teams... and smart for both of those teams. A lot like the niners trade.

Harvin is a HUGE improvement for seattle. And the draft picks will help the vikings big time in what they need in the next few years... WR this year and probably a QB next year.

I personally think the vikings are retarded. Harvin had the best yards per game in the NFL last year until he was injured. It was their own fault that they used a receiver of his quality on returns and upped his wear and tear and injury risk.

If you put him on detroit he has a case... I honestly think he puts up at least as good of numbers as megatron. He deserves top level money. Look what he did with meh QB's throwing to him. When A.P. was down he WAS the offense. Lots of thanks he gets for putting himself in high risk situations. Vikings pretty much said... thanks for sticking your neck out... A.P. is all we need... .gtfo.

I think seattle gets a lot better here. A lot.

Vikings.. this year... they get worse. But it doesn't matter as long as A.P. plays this year like he did last year. Wallace is a good receiver but he can't do everything harvin does.
Old 03-11-2013, 01:45 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by flukewrx
Anquan Boldin to be traded to San Francisco 49ers - NFL.com

"Seeking salary-cap relief, the Baltimore Ravens desperately want Anquan Boldin to accept a $2 million reduction in pay for the 2013 season. A man of principle, Boldin is sticking to his guns about playing under the contract he originally signed.

With both sides at a standstill, general manager Ozzie Newsome has come up with a solution that could strengthen a fierce competitor while leaving his team worse off in the long run. NFL.com's Albert Breer reported Monday, citing a Ravens source, that Boldin will be traded to the San Francisco 49ers for a sixth-round draft pick.

The Baltimore Sun first reported the trade. Per ESPN's Adam Schefter, the trade is contingent on Boldin -- currently on an African mission -- passing a physical.

Three years ago, Newsome netted Boldin and a fifth-round pick from the Arizona Cardinals in exchange for a third- and fourth-round pick. Playoff hero or no, Newsome did well to collect a draft pick for a player about to enter the decline phase of his career. Boldin wasn't going to see his $6 million salary, in which case the Ravens would have simply released him on Tuesday."
Boldin is exactly what they need. A dude that will catch everything thrown his way. He's a third down guy. A middle guy. Lets crabtree hopefully extend his range and start going down field more.

But it does show that they have plans to reign CK7 in some... more shorter patterns. More of the 8-15 yard variety and less of the 30 yard variety. LOL!

Depends on what they do in the draft though. This kinda lets them be very very choosy if they pick a WR. or just ignore it and draft in other slots.

I'm kind of curious if they're gonna take a shot at drafting a back up.

Tyler Wilson
E.J. Manuel. Might be able to get one of them in the 3rd. Either way they have a roster slot to fill there.
Old 03-11-2013, 02:45 PM

Holy **** blockbuster trades right here. 49ers definitely need another presence on the opposite of Crabtree.

Boldin is a lot more than a 6th round talent, too. Steal, except the 49ers might need to pay out some. But you already know the end product than a guess in the draft.

Harvin definitely makes Seattle scarier as is. At the tail end of last season you can tell the Seahawks are already explosive after Wilson got more snaps. Now they're even more dangerous. 'Hawks even gave away a first round pick. That is saying the dude they trade for has to go for at least 5+ years.

Last edited by iLoqin; 03-11-2013 at 02:51 PM.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:30 PM

Car Info: 2004 Impreza Wagon [Voltex :P], 1996 Impreza 2dr
hmm.

Ed Reed hires agent, could be headed to 49ers | ProFootballTalk
Old 03-11-2013, 04:48 PM
General Pimpin'

Interesting choice. Figured he'd retire where he was at. Maybe he wants to go play with another 52 for a few years.

Wonder how many other ravens will start to jump ship.
Old 03-11-2013, 05:08 PM

Eh, could be the right deal for 1yr. Goldson is at his prime, he was franchised last year. Expensive, and Reed will cost less, but has close the capabilities of Goldson. Not as dynamic IMO, Goldson flies everywhere. Reed is slowin' down a bit.

49ers are definitely lookin at DBs + DL this draft. Reed can be the guy til someone else develops or picks it up. We have ***, he's only in his 3rd-4th year, previous 1st rounder. So I think he develops too.
Old 03-11-2013, 05:15 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by iLoqin
Eh, could be the right deal for 1yr. Goldson is at his prime, he was franchised last year. Expensive, and Reed will cost less, but has close the capabilities of Goldson. Not as dynamic IMO, Goldson flies everywhere. Reed is slowin' down a bit.

49ers are definitely lookin at DBs + DL this draft. Reed can be the guy til someone else develops or picks it up. We have ***, he's only in his 3rd-4th year, previous 1st rounder. So I think he develops too.
I'm wondering if that's what they have in mind... a security blanket for a couple years. If goldson plays tough and/or they can't afford him maybe they trade him soon or release him next year if they draft someone to work with ed.

Quick Reply: Official: 49ers 2013-2014 Season Thread