Official: 49ers 2013-2014 Season Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2014, 12:34 AM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
Nothing that really changed the outcome of the game.

The bad fumble call didn't work out for Seattle since niners got it back and in better place.

Not much else was that big, and hurt the niners.
your right. that hit on the kicker did nothing to change the outcome of the game. oh wait....
Old 01-20-2014, 12:43 AM

Car Info: 2011 2.5i Spark Silver
Neither did Kaep kicking his fumble on the ground forward where the center recovered it or the jump by Aldon that induced the WR to move negating a first down. Overall there were missed and wrong calls for both teams like usual.
Old 01-20-2014, 01:05 AM

Car Info: '02 PSM WRX
Originally Posted by irrational x
your right. that hit on the kicker did nothing to change the outcome of the game. oh wait....
Nowhere near as much as muffing punts, throwing picks, and playing very sloppy in the second half effected the game.

Not to mention, the Seahawk player tried his best to stop himself. You can see him bend his arms and try to brace himself to stop his forward progress. Yes he could have taken a better angle when he jumped to fly past the kicker, but it was just unfortunate that the cleat stuck and didn't give way. Obviously intentional and should be called roughing the kicker? No. Running into the kicker? Yes. The severity of the outcome should not effect the penalty call.
Old 01-20-2014, 02:34 AM

Car Info: Big Thanks Jeremy@CrucialRacing and Ed@EQ-Tuning
whats with all these excuses?

haha ****ing choke,

Last edited by downsti; 01-20-2014 at 02:41 AM.
Old 01-20-2014, 08:42 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
I called this match up before the season started. And I knew CK7 was not ready for this. Bottom line... pressure the dude and he crumbles.

He made flat out amazing plays with his feet. But he is not a running back. 100 yard rushing games work for college QB's but it just isn't a recipe for consistent wins in the NFL. Especially against top notch teams.

1. Limit turn overs. (niners failed. seahawks did not) (3/1)
2. Establish a running game (niners have the stats but in reality they failed. seahawks did not. (RB stats... 30/115)
3. Make plays on defense. Both teams did well but the seahawks did more.

Bottom line. CK7 got pressured and he does what he does pretty much every time he gets pressured.... runs too much and makes stupid throws. Usually ends up with 140-160 passing yards and a rating between 45 and 65.

Just look at his stats... since he had that hot 7 run game it's pretty much been the story. People figured it out.

He MUST work on pre-snap defense reads and multiple target reads/check downs if he and the niners are going to be more than a really good team that falls short. Right now the niners have payroll. In a year that's not going to be the case. They have one more season with this team to figure it out.

They need to have a good draft. WR/RB should be high on the list.

That last drive I was like... oh man they're gonna do it. Then he decided to challenge probably the best corner in the NFL... he should have looked for boldin or v.d. Use Crabtree to clear Sherman.
Old 01-20-2014, 10:15 AM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Offense just didn't seal the deal. That end play to Crabs was designed with everyone else being a decoy. They didn't get the 1v1 they expected. Instead they had double coverage on Crabs. That pass should have been overthrown a bit. One overthrow in the superbowl and one underthrow in last nights game. Game was ours to win and we choked. I'd love to blame refs but thats a variable you can't change in every game.

This teams gotten away with a lack of offense for too long. Its clear that special teams and defense can only carry you so far. Can't remember the last time we got a decisive win in a big game with our offense. Maybe the Saints game with Smitty?

Last edited by FXTbrah; 01-20-2014 at 10:21 AM.
Old 01-20-2014, 12:55 PM
General Pimpin'

Just watched a bunch of replays of the Bowman injury. That's a gnarly knee injury. It looked a lot like mine actually. I took a shot to the side like that and when my head hit the ground I was looking at my foot.

I had a blown ACL and tears to my PCL and MCL along with miniscus tears.

Surgeries are amazing and I'm sure he'll be back. But he may never be quite as explosive as he was and he definitely won't be as effective as long. The catch is that they like to let PCL/MCL heal on their own if they can... before messing with the ACL. It's what Gronk and a few others have had done. But on the flip side... the sooner you fix the ACL the better. See A.P. as an example.

Key factor is going to be making sure he sticks to the plan. Pushes it hard but not too hard... and DOES NOT rush back. He could make it back by the time the season starts but if it's as bad as it looks he probably shouldn't come back until week 6.
Old 01-20-2014, 12:56 PM
General Pimpin'

Niners might want to keep their eyes on Kony Ealy.
Old 01-20-2014, 03:59 PM

Classless Seattle fans! On top of that, there are the Seattle trolls that frequent 49ers forums and say that 49ers fans did that, or that the popcorn fell "accidentally." Richard Sherman must be their role model!
Old 01-20-2014, 05:11 PM

The more I look at this, the more I think Kaep made the right decision. It was just a bad under throw.
Old 01-20-2014, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by TurnWRX

Classless Seattle fans! On top of that, there are the Seattle trolls that frequent 49ers forums and say that 49ers fans did that, or that the popcorn fell "accidentally." Richard Sherman must be their role model!
You speak of class, yet you make ignorant statements showing your lack of class.

Just so you know, this was Richard Sherman's response:

Richard Sherman had some comments for those fans throwing popcorn.
"One thing I can't accept is what I read after the game about Seahawks fans throwing food at (Bowman) as he was being carted off the field with his knee injury," Sherman wrote. "If it's true, it's beyond terrible. That's as low as it gets. I'm sure whoever did this is in a small minority of fans, because I don't think that kind of action is an accurate representation of the character of the 12th man.

"Navorro Bowman is a great player who plays the game the right way," Sherman went on. "When he went down, I dropped to a knee and prayed for him. He deserves better than having food thrown at him as he's carted off a field. All players deserve better than that."

Speaking of classless, while the fans of Seattle may be, look at your STAFF:

https://vine.co/v/hlFeVnn6XWq

Both sides had classless moments, stop your whining.

EDIT: Insert gif

Last edited by STi-owns-evo; 01-20-2014 at 05:29 PM.
Old 01-20-2014, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by STi-owns-evo
You speak of class, yet you make ignorant statements showing your lack of class.

Just so you know, this was Richard Sherman's response:

Speaking of classless, while the fans of Seattle may be, look at your STAFF:
https://vine.co/v/hlFeVnn6XWq

Both sides had classless moments, stop your whining.
You mean this?
Name:  pMw9VKw.gif
Views: 5
Size:  3.77 MB

Pretty much determined that he didn't get clothes lined and it was unintentional. If a player is going to run into you, you put your arms up so you don't get hurt. He didn't deliberately step in his way.

Sherman is classless for his comments after the game. I wish there was a way to disown him from being a Stanford alumni.

I was pretty much going to root for whomever beat us and especially a team from the NFC west but after the Sherman thing, its pretty hard for me to root for anything but a bus running him over.

You Seahawk fans should really get off the Niners nuts and start concentrating on your next game.

Last edited by FXTbrah; 01-20-2014 at 05:37 PM.
Old 01-20-2014, 05:50 PM
General Pimpin'

Take a better look at that video.

If he had peyton manning accuracy that is a VERY low percentage play. It has to be thrown that either the WR catches it falling out of bounds or the ball falls out of bounds. He doesn't have that accuracy and it showed clearly on that pass. It was WAY under thrown.

Here's why it was the wrong play...
1. He's not that accurate.
2. Crabtree isn't that tall.
3. Sherman is as good as it gets and was all over that pattern with help underneath which means he can take a risk and go up for it... he batted that ball directly to the LB on purpose. Perfectly played ball.
4. VD was wide open across the middle.
5. Boldin was wide open in the flat.

What he should have done is pumped to Crabtree and turned and fired it to Boldin who had V.D. to block for him and he's already on the side line. He's gonna get you farther down the field. Possibly get you a T.D. and DEFINITELY get out of bounds. Saving those 2 time outs you still have.

It was 100% NOT the right place to put that ball. Maybe with time expired or taking a shot on first down that's thrown farther to the corner.

He says he was looking for Crabtree if he had single coverage. He didn't . He says he did even after the game. He didn't. CK7 is TERRIBLE about locking on guys and that's what he did. He wanted Crabtree on that. He wanted to be the hero. He locked on him and Sherman saw it.

It's a perfect example of what I've said all season. He's athletic as hell but as a LOT to learn to be an effective QB.. consistency.

150 yards rushing is a good way to win a game or two or scare a bad defense. But you gotta be able to pass for 275 on top of that. Or pass for 350 when you have to. He can't do that against good defenses.
Old 01-20-2014, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by FXTbrah
You mean this?

Pretty much determined that he didn't get clothes lined and it was unintentional. If a player is going to run into you, you put your arms up so you don't get hurt. He didn't deliberately step in his way.

Sherman is classless for his comments after the game. I wish there was a way to disown him from being a Stanford alumni.

I was pretty much going to root for whomever beat us and especially a team from the NFC west but after the Sherman thing, its pretty hard for me to root for anything but a bus running him over.

You Seahawk fans should really get off the Niners nuts and start concentrating on your next game.
Yes, that's what I was looking for. Added it to my post. The longer version has a little more information.

I agree if someone is coming at you, you put your arms up and brace (or try to get out of the way). He's stumbling, you can see his trajectory, yet there's no effort to get out of the way. Maybe he didn't think there was enough time to get out of the way, but I see a motion of him not just protecting himself, but slightly jumping into the hit and after contact, a shrug off, kind of like a "come at me bro" type motion. We see different things, oh well. We'll see how the NFL sees it, as it's currently under investigation.

Ignore the reports of Crabtree trying to start a fight at Fitzgerald's golf tournament. Ignore the Sherman saying he said "good game" to Crabtree and try to shake his hand only to be shoved in the face. It must be 100% Sherman who is classless, right?

Very classy to want a bus to run over a player as well. As hard as it is to believe, I'm starting to agree with Overbear about 49er fans.

Also, if that last comment was aimed at me, I'm not a Seahawks fan. However, you must be joking that Seahawks fans are on the Niners nuts, it's all the Niner fans that can't drop the topic about Sherman.
Old 01-20-2014, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by STi-owns-evo
Yes, that's what I was looking for. Added it to my post. The longer version has a little more information.

I agree if someone is coming at you, you put your arms up and brace (or try to get out of the way). He's stumbling, you can see his trajectory, yet there's no effort to get out of the way. Maybe he didn't think there was enough time to get out of the way, but I see a motion of him not just protecting himself, but slightly jumping into the hit and after contact, a shrug off, kind of like a "come at me bro" type motion. We see different things, oh well. We'll see how the NFL sees it, as it's currently under investigation.

Ignore the reports of Crabtree trying to start a fight at Fitzgerald's golf tournament. Ignore the Sherman saying he said "good game" to Crabtree and try to shake his hand only to be shoved in the face. It must be 100% Sherman who is classless, right?

Very classy to want a bus to run over a player as well. As hard as it is to believe, I'm starting to agree with Overbear about 49er fans.

Also, if that last comment was aimed at me, I'm not a Seahawks fan. However, you must be joking that Seahawks fans are on the Niners nuts, it's all the Niner fans that can't drop the topic about Sherman.

Could've fooled me about not being a Seahawk fan. As far as Crabs trying to start a fight with Sherman at Fitzs charity event, the source of that article is *drumroll* Shermans brother.

Quick Reply: Official: 49ers 2013-2014 Season Thread