Official: 49ers 2013-2014 Season Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2014, 04:11 PM

Car Info: Nadda
12-4 record and barely made the post season. Kinda whack. But Arizona coulda been a 11-5 team and not make it either.

I still think the divisions and playoffs need to be fixed. Sure, let the division winners get in at 9-7 or 8-8, but if a 2nd place of another division has a better record, say 49ers @ 12-4, they should be home against that division winner with a crappier record.

You could say that it doesn't matter, the better team can win away from home, but I think having 3-4 more wins at the end of a season is pretty big and should earn a home game.
Old 01-05-2014, 04:54 PM

Niners win!!

Packers were getting away with blatant holds throughout the whole game. Game wouldn't have been as close if the refs called those, IMO. Either way, just glad we got the win!
Old 01-05-2014, 09:49 PM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
doesnt get much closer than that

Old 01-06-2014, 09:28 AM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Originally Posted by Krinkov
doesnt get much closer than that

Ed Hotchuli (sp?) threw an offsides flag on that one, then picked it up after he saw it go in. Even if it was blocked, another attempt was coming.
Old 01-06-2014, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by TurnWRX
Niners win!!

Packers were getting away with blatant holds throughout the whole game. Game wouldn't have been as close if the refs called those, IMO. Either way, just glad we got the win!
Yep blatant PI on crabs on the first two red zone trips and then blatant holding on McDonald on the play that lead to Packers 7 that the media is all over praising Rodgers mobility. It wasn't his mobility that lead him out of that sack..
I'll take the win though. We should already know refs will not be favoring us on the road.
Old 01-06-2014, 07:39 PM

Big PIs both ends. Crabtree got mauled trying to go back post in the endzone. I think Brock or someone defensed a pass in the end zone jumpballish by knocking the left hand down of GB.

Either way, as long as Kaepernick stops failing those **** out routes, we're in good position.
-Boldin is a beast and will win most of the time on a fight for a ball.
-Crabtree is obviously winning battles and his IQ with the ball / YAC (yards after catch) is elite.
-Davis is Davis, only catches TDs, and is the burner down the field (trusted burner, wished the 49ers used Quinton Patton more down the field, dudes a baller but Kaep doesn't trust him yet)

So even if Kaepernick does lock on one or two guys, it looks like the guys he locks on will win the battle either way.

I'm not a Kaep hater, I have his jersey and wear it on game days, but being truthful, I guarantee the Niners would have been back to dynasty mode if they had a better QB. IE if they signed Peyton Manning, it would be multiple Superbowls. Everything is where it needs to be, except the passing could be better with the coverage reads and accuracy/touch on the ball.

The real question is... when do the 49ers grab another QB in the draft.
Old 01-07-2014, 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by iLoqin

The real question is... when do the 49ers grab another QB in the draft.
After they get rid of Roman and give Kaep more than year and half as a starter in which he's taken the team to the Superbowl once and playoffs again this year.

We do need another QB in the draft though. Having McCoy sit behind Kaep makes me really nervous on those QB runs.
Old 01-12-2014, 02:43 PM

Car Info: WRB 2012 WRX Sedan
Bring on the Shehawks
Old 01-12-2014, 02:51 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRX hatchback Automatic SONNNNN!
Originally Posted by FXTbrah
We do need another QB in the draft though. Having McCoy sit behind Kaep makes me really nervous on those QB runs.
This.
Old 01-12-2014, 08:02 PM

What to say about this game... lots of points.

#1) Experience vs Inexperience, Panthers shot themselves in the foot plenty of times. PF on VDavis when he was already relaxing on the tip ball, PF on the headbutt on Crabtree. Panthers just lost their cool.

#2) Boldin, beast, enough said. If it ain't Davis, it's Crabtree, if it isn't Crabtree, it's Boldin, and then you have Gore doing what he does best, SEALING the deal.

#3) Cam, this is the NFL, not the NBA, stop with the hands in the air and late reaction flops. The best flop was the one where Brooks jumped over the top on an encoachment, barely GRAZED Cam and his hands fly up and he falls backwards on his own power... LOL, hanging around Lebron too much.

#4) Defense played good. Steve Smith's TD is just experience. Great play by a great player, especially when he was hand checking Brown for more sideline space.

#5) When its money time, end of the 2nd, and 3rd and of course the 4th. The 49ers really slammed the door shut.
-Big drive at the end of the 2nd, looked like Panthers had momentum and somehow Kaepernick leads the team down on a huge drive for a TD.
-2nd and 3rd down sacks pushed the Panthers (really Cam's fault) out of FG range. Score was 20-10 at the time. Could have been only 1 possession.
-Strong 4th quarter.

#6) Skuta flagged for the sack/PF headshot call. What did you want him to do? I mean how would he know that Cam would turn right into him? Lower his center of gravity and plant his own face in Skuta's shoulder? Skuta is going full speed/power and could have adjusted his target if cam ran away, so it wouldn't have been flagged, but to have a dude basically ram his head into your shoulder pad and it's a PF? I've seen Kaepernick do that before and it wasn't flagged.... like damn, Drew Brees all over again.

I'm excited for more Quinton Patton, especially if too much attention is paid to VDavis on deep routes.

I'm kinda worried about the FB position. Bruce Miller out, Tuku got hurt big time, thought this would put a dent in the play call, luckily Vance McDonald did well.

*** looked good also. Good to see him back, I like the guy.

Last edited by iLoqin; 01-12-2014 at 08:04 PM.
Old 01-13-2014, 08:00 PM

Car Info: 04 STi
Originally Posted by iLoqin
#6) Skuta flagged for the sack/PF headshot call. What did you want him to do? I mean how would he know that Cam would turn right into him? Lower his center of gravity and plant his own face in Skuta's shoulder? Skuta is going full speed/power and could have adjusted his target if cam ran away, so it wouldn't have been flagged, but to have a dude basically ram his head into your shoulder pad and it's a PF?
Yeah that was the biggest bull**** penalty. What was he supposed to do? Shake his hand and let him go?!?
Old 01-19-2014, 06:59 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Well. Good season overall. Esp that 8 game streak.

But why didn't Harbaugh call time out at 45 seconds left? They wasted 15 seconds for a hurry up they didn't even need with 2 timeouts left.

The hurry up ended up with a play they didn't need and well, ended with a really well defensed throw, and INT.
Old 01-19-2014, 07:01 PM

Car Info: Forester XTi
HAHAHAAHAH another year gone, and I don't have to hear the stupid 49er fans crow about their team for 6-7 months now.

I ****ing hate 49er fans...almost, almost as much as raider fans.
Old 01-19-2014, 07:03 PM

Kap played great, when he was running. Absolutely sucked as a passing QB. Refs were terrible, but bottom line is they had a chance to win that game, and Kap threw it all away. So sick and tired of him waiting to the last second(s) to snap the ball. Plays were called in on time. Kap just loves to waste precious time on the play clock. And then there's his interceptions. Both were avoidable, and were entirely his fault.
Old 01-19-2014, 07:09 PM

Car Info: '14 Wrx Hatchback
Originally Posted by TurnWRX
Kap played great, when he was running. Absolutely sucked as a passing QB. Refs were terrible, but bottom line is they had a chance to win that game, and Kap threw it all away. So sick and tired of him waiting to the last second(s) to snap the ball. Plays were called in on time. Kap just loves to waste precious time on the play clock. And then there's his interceptions. Both were avoidable, and were entirely his fault.
The guy is a terrible game manager

Quick Reply: Official: 49ers 2013-2014 Season Thread