Official: 49ers 2013-2014 Season Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2013, 02:51 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '00 BRP RS Sedan / '04 PSM FXT (RIP)
Originally Posted by FXTbrah
Frank Gore 31 yards total speaks volumes about the play calling.
This

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they won as they likely need to win out to make the playoffs. Hopefully this is just a building block and they'll get more offensive production with players coming back, though I'm not sure how good Crabtree can be coming off of that particular injury. I can certainly see him taking 2-3 games to get up to speed. Time will tell.

Go NINERS!

-Brian
Old 12-02-2013, 08:02 AM

Car Info: 05 LGT Wagon 5spd, '11 R6 Race
A much better game to watch. Rams got that late touchdown but that was against an almost complete 2nd string defense. Although it would be nice if Gore could be set free again, held to about 20 yards on the ground
Old 12-02-2013, 07:51 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Seahawks bashing the Saints hard... and the Saints are supposedly the #2 seed. Yeesh in the playoffs... in Seattle...

I might have to go for Denver/New England when they hit the Superbowl. We'll see if Seattle still has the steam in the playoffs.

Last edited by iLoqin; 12-02-2013 at 07:55 PM.
Old 12-02-2013, 09:21 PM

Car Info: 04 wagon
I didnt expect Seattle to be so dominate against the Saints who I thought was one of the more balanced teams on offense/defense. Their homefield advantage is ridiculous.
Old 12-08-2013, 07:56 PM

Big win.

49ers had some plays they could have added more points, but overall it was an expected, close, tough matchup. Interception in the Red Zone wiped off points that could have given the Niners at least a 19-14 lead early in the 3rd. Still grinded the game out though.

Niners finally had a signature "last drive" and got points where they usually are on defense for the last drive.

Defenses look different on the field against a Crabtree + Boldin + Davis. Good to see. I really want to see more deep threat, but I think we'll have to wait on Quinton Patton or draft someone. AJ Jenkins was a bust, 49ers need some explosiveness.... yet again they don't LaMichael James all that well.

Last edited by iLoqin; 12-08-2013 at 08:38 PM.
Old 12-08-2013, 10:19 PM

Car Info: 2004 Subaru WRX
Frank the tank baby!!!!!
Old 12-09-2013, 09:23 AM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Glad we got the win but playing for field goals is a horrible strategy. A bad PI call on the last play and we would be looking at a loss instead of a win. I'll take it but this team isnt going to win in the dome or Seattle with that kind of scared play calls. I watched the refs rape Panthers even while they were legit losing to the Saints. Its pretty clear we're going to have to play against the refs in the playoffs as well.
Old 12-10-2013, 06:03 PM

The dome? You kiddin me? Niners will have been there enough, plenty enough. They had that game won if Gore doesn't drop that dump off when Kaepernick was scrambling. They're the least of my concerns.

Seattle in Seattle is going to be much different, whether the Niners can man up and win there in the playoffs, we'll see.

What I'm concerned about is Kaepernick has a gun of an arm, but can't float a ball over the top. That Crabtree pick was killer and example of what he isn't able to perfect all year.

Also lucky that VDavis caught the ball at his calf muscle and still got into the end zone, poorly thrown ball.

In other news....

http://www.49ers.com/news/article-2/...6-f4c74c469e12

The San Francisco 49ers have placed defensive tackle Tank Carradine on the Injured Reserve List.

To fill Carradine’s spot on the active roster, San Francisco signed guard Ryan Seymour from the Seattle Seahawks practice squad to a three-year contract. The team has also signed wide receciver Devon Wylie to the practice squad.

Carradine (6-4, 273) spent the first eight games of the regular season on the Reserve/NFI List. He was activated from that list on October 29, and has been inactive for every game since that time. Carradine was originally drafted by the 49ers in the second round (40th overall) of the 2013 NFL Draft.

Seymour (6-4, 301) was originally drafted by the Seattle Seahawks in the seventh round (220th overall) of the 2013 NFL Draft. He was released following training camp and then added to Seattle’s practice squad on September 11, where he has remained since.

A 23-year-old native of Kingsland, GA, Seymour attended Vanderbilt University, where he played in 44 games (35 starts), and spent time at every position along the offensive line. He earned SEC Academic Honor Roll honors in 2011 and 2012, and was also selected to the SEC All-Freshman team in 2009.

Wylie (5-9, 187) was originally drafted by the Kansas City Chiefs in the fourth round (107th overall) of the 2012 NFL Draft. In six games (one start) last season with the Chiefs, Wylie recorded six receptions for 53 yards, and also added nine kickoff returns for 191 yards and five punt returns for 26 yards. He was released by Kansas City on September 9, 2013. So far this season, Wylie has spent time on the Arizona Cardinals, Pittsburgh Steelers and Tennessee Titans practice squads. He was activated by the Titans to the team’s 53-man roster on November 12, and saw playing time in two games, tallying five kickoff returns for 94 yards and two punt returns for four yards. He was later released by Tennessee on November 26. He was also signed to the Seattle Seahawks practice squad on December 5 and later released on December 7.

A 25-year-old native of Roseville, CA, Wylie attended Fresno State, where he played in 44 games (seven starts), and notched 98 receptions for 1,327 yards with eight touchdowns. He also added 18 carries for 118 yards, 41 punt returns for 553 yards with two touchdowns and 16 kickoff returns for 333 yards. As a senior, he was named second-team All-Western Athletic Conference.
Old 12-11-2013, 09:30 AM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Originally Posted by iLoqin
The dome? You kiddin me? Niners will have been there enough, plenty enough. They had that game won if Gore doesn't drop that dump off when Kaepernick was scrambling. They're the least of my concerns.

Seattle in Seattle is going to be much different, whether the Niners can man up and win there in the playoffs, we'll see.

What I'm concerned about is Kaepernick has a gun of an arm, but can't float a ball over the top. That Crabtree pick was killer and example of what he isn't able to perfect all year.

Also lucky that VDavis caught the ball at his calf muscle and still got into the end zone, poorly thrown ball.

In other news....

49ers Place Tank Carradine on IR, Sign G Seymour
Well I have a bad taste in my mouth from our last two dome visits. There was some horrible officiating that in my eyes changed the outcome of both games. Still Id rather take my chances in the dome than at the Clink.
Old 12-23-2013, 11:58 PM

Car Info: Whatever The Lot Provides ;)
Lightbulb

With that comes the end of an era (in terms of regular season). Part of me is going to miss that stupid windy/cold stadium I've been going to since it first got actual grass.

Just got this shot from outside the stadium after closing.
(Credit to C_Kennedy for the pic, Thanks Man!)

..and since I've been waiting I might as well use this now.
Name:  glV1Lnk.jpg
Views: 5
Size:  40.6 KB
Attached Thumbnails Official: 49ers 2013-2014 Season Thread-img_1721.jpg  

Last edited by TheFozz; 12-24-2013 at 12:12 PM.
Old 12-24-2013, 10:58 AM

Car Info: should i get brz, bro?
i remember going to the games when plunkett was at the helm, and i was really excited when i got see oj run the ball.
Old 12-25-2013, 01:31 PM

Good game... Niners need to fix that first half offensive blunder. They did that in the Superbowl and that didn't turn out well. If the 49ers defense can't hold the other team close, then 49ers are playing catch up...

Definitely need to fix that slow start. Aint gonna fly in the playoffs like that.

Seahawks dropping a second game at home in a row, against the Rams is highly unlikely. So I'd have to say Niners will either be at Chicago/GB or Philly/Dallas.

If somehow some miracle happens and the Rams win and the Niners win that would make some crazy playoff games at the stick.

For homefield the Niners need to win + the Panthers (vs Falcons) + Seahawks (vs Rams) to lose.

For 1st round bye, Seahawks must lose and Niners need to win.
Old 12-27-2013, 03:35 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
Mario Manningham placed on San Francisco 49ers' IR - NFL.com

"Mario Manningham's comeback campaign is over in San Francisco.

On Friday, the 49ers announced that the veteran wide receiver has been placed on injured reserve after missing Monday night's win over the Atlanta Falcons with a setback to his surgically repaired left knee.

Coach Jim Harbaugh told reporters Friday that Manningham will "consult with doctors and do what's in the best interest of his career" after departing Thursday's practice with lingering knee discomfort.

The veteran wideout played in six games after spending the first half of the season on the physically unable to perform list to rehab the torn ACL he suffered last December. With just nine catches for 85 yards on the year, Manningham's absence will push rookie Quinton Patton into the lineup as the third wideout behind Michael Crabtree and Anquan Boldin.

Set to become a free agent in March, it's likely Manningham's days in red and gold are all but over."
Old 12-30-2013, 01:34 PM

Car Info: 05 LGT Wagon 5spd, '11 R6 Race
Niners at green bay. I think we got this one. Rodgers/Cobb are back but besides Nelson, I think their offense is wavering. they barely made it to the post season, should be an interesting game
Old 12-30-2013, 08:46 PM

Car Info: 04 STi
Originally Posted by salvator_rizzo
Niners at green bay. I think we got this one. Rodgers/Cobb are back but besides Nelson, I think their offense is wavering. they barely made it to the post season, should be an interesting game
Haha we barely made it to the post season also! There were a lot if ugly games that we got lucky on... nevertheless, a win is a win I guess.

Quick Reply: Official: 49ers 2013-2014 Season Thread