Official: 49ers 2013-2014 Season Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2013, 10:00 AM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Its pretty frustrating to watch the other team do what you should be. It was great watching Brees checkdown the ball and Sproles doing screen runs, sweeps and they even had a few screen passes.

Meanwhile all we did was try to power run up the middle on a stacked box on 3rd and 2 with LMJ. How potato of a call is that? This team doesn't deserve to win **** this year and Im not sure if we ever will because Roman just doesn't get it.
Old 11-18-2013, 10:15 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: '00 BRP RS Sedan / '04 PSM FXT (RIP)
Seriously. I don't think Roman knows who Gore is half of the time. Where was he yesterday? It didn't help that the O-line didn't seem to be doing there job, but Gore only had 14 carries. That is NOT enough, IMHO.

-Brian
Old 11-18-2013, 10:20 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by FXTbrah
Its pretty frustrating to watch the other team do what you should be. It was great watching Brees checkdown the ball and Sproles doing screen runs, sweeps and they even had a few screen passes.

Meanwhile all we did was try to power run up the middle on a stacked box on 3rd and 2 with LMJ. How potato of a call is that? This team doesn't deserve to win **** this year and Im not sure if we ever will because Roman just doesn't get it.
Agreed. I thought the penalty at the end was B.S. That was a clean hit. But the niners put themselves in that position with poor play calling and poor play. They were lucky to not be blown out.

The niners confuse the hell out of me and they'll definitely need a new offensive co. for next season if they have any plans of competing.

I think the worst coached team is probably Houston right now but the niners are definitely pushing their way in to the bottom 50 percent instead of the upper 50%. And that's saying a lot considering the head coach is pretty dope. It's the offense and special teams that are KILLING them and might cost them the playoffs.
Old 11-18-2013, 11:04 AM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
I made this to commemorate last nights game:
Ahmad Brooks: Wrecking Ball
Old 11-18-2013, 11:07 AM
plays well with others

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
I think the worst coached team is probably Houston right now but the niners are definitely pushing their way in to the bottom 50 percent instead of the upper 50%. And that's saying a lot considering the head coach is pretty dope. It's the offense and special teams that are KILLING them and might cost them the playoffs.
More than that:
  • Critical penalty calls at the worst times
  • Horrendous 3rd down conversion - Kaep isn't hitting the open looks and is instead trying to throw tight passes
  • Terrible redzone D
Old 11-18-2013, 11:38 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by irrational x
More than that:
  • Critical penalty calls at the worst times
  • Horrendous 3rd down conversion - Kaep isn't hitting the open looks and is instead trying to throw tight passes
  • Terrible redzone D

Yeah... all in all... team is looking pretty shaky right now. No way they can compete with the top 4 or 5 teams right now. They've got a lot to fix in the next couple weeks and they can't afford more than like 1 more loss.

Arizona/Chicago/Dallas/GB area all a threat to them right now. They loose 1 or 2 more games they're in deep crap. Might come down to that last game of the season against Arizona to decide who's in.
Old 11-18-2013, 11:42 AM

Kap needs to learn to manage the play clock better. It's getting ridiculous how each and every play he winds the play clock down to less than 5 seconds before snapping the ball. Even with a timeout, he still does the same thing. I'm not even sure he's able to do a hurry-up offense or even a no huddle one for that matter. This obviously isn't the biggest issue though, but the one I find most annoying with Kap.
Old 11-18-2013, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by TurnWRX
Kap needs to learn to manage the play clock better. It's getting ridiculous how each and every play he winds the play clock down to less than 5 seconds before snapping the ball. Even with a timeout, he still does the same thing. I'm not even sure he's able to do a hurry-up offense or even a no huddle one for that matter. This obviously isn't the biggest issue though, but the one I find most annoying with Kap.

I dont know if its Kaps fault on that or play calls coming in way late. If its on the coaches, thats pretty pathetic. If its on Kap, he needs to get the **** off social media and his swag bull**** and start to take QBing seriously.

Last edited by FXTbrah; 11-18-2013 at 11:53 AM.
Old 11-18-2013, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by FXTbrah
I dont know if its Kaps fault on that or play calls coming in way late. If its on the coaches, thats pretty pathetic. If its on Kap, he needs to get the **** off social media and his swag bull**** and start to take QBing seriously.
He does it after timeouts too. So I don't think it has anything to do with play-calling.
Old 11-18-2013, 12:05 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '00 BRP RS Sedan / '04 PSM FXT (RIP)
Unhappy

I've never spent so much time yelling "SNAP THE F**KING BALL" in my life. Not quite sure what it is or who's doing it, but it's KILLING me.

The Giants may have started the Torture moniker, but it's these damn Niners that are going to give me the damn ulcer.

-Brian
Old 11-18-2013, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by eastbaysubaru
I've never spent so much time yelling "SNAP THE F**KING BALL" in my life.

LOL! I say pretty much the same thing! Except I say "Snap the damn ball!"
Old 11-18-2013, 01:34 PM
General Pimpin'

He's an amazing athlete. He's a terrible QB.
Old 11-18-2013, 06:11 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Eh, I'm coming to the conclusion that Alex Smith could be the same, if not better than Kaepernick in this offense.

This offense is exactly the same. Good defense, special teams, o-line, run game. Only difference is QB.

Kaepernick can pass the ball down the field with accuracy, and he can run. That's pretty much it. But the fact that he NEVER checks down and passing down the field is once in a blue moon... Greg Roman + Kaepernick + Harbaugh really need to fix this.

Kaepernick's only speed target is Davis, look what happened when the Niners COULDN'T stretch the field when VDavis went out with a concussion. So his cannon arm rarely throws down field, therefore making it obsolete. 49ers need more speed to stretch defense and let Kaepernick gun the ball.

Gore/LMJ/Hunter in open space... there is a reason why Jamaal Charles is the leading receiver of the Chiefs. Captain Checkdown Alex Smith IS OBVIOUSLY better at taking what the defense gives him, which is CHECK DOWNS. The 1 friggin checkdown in the game and GORE DROPS THE BALL. Literally taking away a FG if not a TD, there was no one anywhere there to guard him.

There needs to be consistent RBs going out in the flat or a curl if there isn't a person to block. I'm so sick and tired of watching our elite RBs stay in for the block on a 2-person route and I don't even see them pick up anyone, useless person if you dont block anyone. If nothing is there, get open, it's what Sproles does ALLLLL DAY.

Package with LMJ? I can draw up a package with LMJ better than what we're seeing. The dude has speed and you want to run him up the middle instead of speed sweep or use him as an outlet? Even Alex Smith woulda hit LMJ after the fake sweep to him.

Not all Kaepernick's fault? I can agree, sure, some of it is bonehead play calling... however, Boldin dominates 3rd quarter... and doesn't get the ball 4th quarter? Kaepernick runs OUT OF BOUNDS ON 3RD DOWN SO SAINTS CAN CONSERVE TIME OUT?!? Now that is 100% Kaepernick. When he ran on 3rd and forever and ran out I almost bashed my head on the table. That is 100% IQ. At least if he went down the Saints have no time outs.

Osgood, dumb hit, we all know.
Brooks, OK, could be a bad call. Brees probably looks terrible, he did get rocked... by a tackle. Wasn't even a hit, it was a textbook tackle, but I can understand why its called.

Why doesn't Kaepernick/Roman/Harbaugh understand that we have PLENTY of backs to go all around, and just 2 guys to pass to, VDavis/Boldin. Kaepernick has to check down, if he doesn't learn it by the end of the year I'm thinking he's a wash and we need a QB who can actually look at progression #2.
Old 11-18-2013, 08:27 PM
plays well with others

Originally Posted by iLoqin
Eh, I'm coming to the conclusion that Alex Smith could be the same, if not better than Kaepernick in this offense.
Never forget 2/28/2013. I've been saying this ever since.
Old 11-18-2013, 09:16 PM

We're also forgetting this is the first full season with Kaep. It took Alex 7 seasons to become successful in this league. Sure Alex could've still taken this team to the playoffs but defenses don't win Superbowls in this new NFL. Alexs issues were on full display last night in their loss. Chiefs will likely be looking at a second round exit in the playoffs,

Quick Reply: Official: 49ers 2013-2014 Season Thread