Official: 49ers 2013-2014 Season Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2013, 06:07 PM

DE, CB, S, WR in that order is what needs to be addressed this year.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:06 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Amendola is going to test the market, he's proven, just usually hurt. Maybe if they grab him as a slot that'd be friggin' awesome!

Cliff Avril is also going to be on the market from the Lions, 49ers need another edge rush, he looks to be not bad.

Osi Umenyiora will be out there too

Desmond Bryant from the Raiders, IMO he's still got talent, just doesn't have the coaches in Oakland. Could be a steal.

Last edited by iLoqin; 02-28-2013 at 08:09 PM.
Old 02-28-2013, 08:18 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
With the way Alex has handled everything and the way his teammates talk about him it seems like once he does finally retire he most likely will end up coaching.
Old 03-01-2013, 02:39 AM
aka FlukeWRX

Trading Places: 49ers to Chiefs QB Style | NFL.com
Old 03-01-2013, 07:48 AM
iClub Silver Vendor

Car Info: A Laptop
Anyone forced that we need to replace Akers?

-- Ed
Old 03-03-2013, 12:55 PM

Originally Posted by EQ Tuning
Anyone forced that we need to replace Akers?

-- Ed
I don't think so. He had a bad year and I think he obviously is going to be much better this year than last. On the other hand there are a lot of free agent kickers on the market this off season. Wouldn't be surprised if the 49ers went in that direction. But again I think Akers still has it. **** even Jason Hanson still has it.

In other news Moss is gone. So you got Crabtree that's solid. I think Michael Williams steps it up and Jenkins too. Manningham should be back. 49ers probably look at a receiver mid-late in the draft. I still think the Niners go for DL+DB, early if they haven't grabbed someone up off the free agent list. And can't forget Ted Ginn Jr.
Old 03-03-2013, 09:19 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
For kicker Im pretty sure we're going to be targetting Dustin Hopkins from FSU. The guy already paints his shoes gold before every game and his accuracy is spot on.

I still think for the price its worth having Moss around another year. Release Ginn and resign Super Mario and pick up a big TE opposite Vernon and we're practically set for offense next year too.

All the free agents that are worth their salt are likely going to be asking too much money. Wallace, Welker, Boldin, Harvin are not going to come cheap. It might be worth picking up Amendola for the slot but honestly the guy has been injured too much and Williams was doing pretty well before his injury. I could also see Jenkins fitting in there because of his speed and hands but we'll see how good he is next year.

Last edited by FXTbrah; 03-03-2013 at 09:24 PM.
Old 03-03-2013, 09:27 PM
aka FlukeWRX

If we are at all considering Harvin then I'd imagine they must be considering making a play for Tavon Austin as well. With the amount of picks they have I could see them moving up to select him. Other than him, I don't think there is really anyone else that they would jump up the draft to grab and most likely would wait to see what falls to them.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:19 PM

Just some guess, but I think the only real need if the 49ers do opt to jump ahead in the draft (which I doubt, Baalke has been spot on since 2005 with his draft picks) is for a dominant DT/DE/OLB for pass rushing purposes. That was the real big "hello" at the end of the season and all the yards on the big guys like Sop/JSmith/McDonald. IMO I think this upcoming season Jean-Francois needs to make some noise or he'll be gone real quick.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:42 AM

Flacco's huge contract leaves no room for Paul Kruger. High profile pass rusher. Young. Talented, but will need to be paid. Lots of teams licking their chops when he comes onto the market.
Old 03-04-2013, 07:49 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Looks like Akers might be booted

David Akers Reportedly Will Be Released by 49ers Prior to Free Agency | Bleacher Report
Old 03-04-2013, 08:47 PM

Yea, no biggy, lots of kickers on the market. But I still think Akers gets picked up by another team. Dude still has juice left in the tank. Kickers last long, like the old school Morten Anderson, and I know Jason Hanson is still around somewhere.

Looks like Revis and the Jets are having trouble with all that media. I wouldn't mind swooping Revis, but not pay him top dollar. Sign him for 1 year and see how he does with that knee. If he's good, it could possibly be like the Niners in 94/95 when Deion Sanders made a huge difference.

Last edited by iLoqin; 03-04-2013 at 08:50 PM.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:24 PM

Seattle Seahawks sign former pro basketball player Darren Fells - NFL.com

The Seattle Seahawks have signed former professional basketball player Darren Fells to a three-year deal, according to a source involved in the process.

Offseason Forecast: Seahawks
With the offseason under way, Around The League examines what's next for all 32 teams. Dan Hanzus covers the Seahawks. More ...
Fells is a 6-foot-7, 280-pound tight end who worked out for Seattle on Tuesday. Fells was slated to have a pro day, yet he impressed people within Seattle's organization enough to warrant a contract offer without one.

He spent the past year playing basketball for Libertad Sunchales in Argentina. He has also played professional hoops in Mexico, France, Finland and Belgium.

The brother of New England Patriots tight end Daniel Fells, Darren Fells played college basketball at U.C. Irvine.
Damn dude didn't even have to do a pro day and gets signed 3years? 6'7 280 is like Gronk size. That's kinda scary for opponents. He doesn't have to be the fastest, he just needs to block out and have hands like Gronk.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:07 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
God damn Seahawks doing what I wanted so bad for the Niners. Guess Ill have to put my futures bet on them for next year.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by wrxBRAH
God damn Seahawks doing what I wanted so bad for the Niners. Guess Ill have to put my futures bet on them for next year.
Dat Carroll vs Harbaugh will be epic over the next few seasons.

Quick Reply: Official: 49ers 2013-2014 Season Thread