Official: 49ers 2013-2014 Season Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2013, 12:59 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
We don't need Gordon and Cleveland isn't dealing him. What we need is for Roman to stop game planning with an ego. He needs to design plays that uses Kyles speed in the slot. We're going to have Manningham back soonish as well and General Patton and Crabs should be available for the playoffs. Im still dumbfounded over why we're not using LMJ as a punt/kickoff returner. All Kyle does is fair catch even with no one around him for 20 yards.

This team is going to be firing on all cylinders at the end of the year. Lots of guys back from injuries and this team could look exactly like the 2011 Giants. Theres also a good chance that Seattle drops another away game. They're just not a strong away team and it will come back and bite them in the ***. Saints are legit as **** though so that'll be our biggest test. We'll really need Aldon/Lemonier combo for those playoff games.
Old 10-22-2013, 01:21 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Manningham... coming off another injury. He's had 1 healthy season in his career and he put up 60 catches. He's a solid guy on the roster but you can do better in your starting line up.

Boldin. Dude is cash money but he wasn't really brought in to be "the" guy. He's a 3rd down conversion guy. He'll be better off with someone on the field that can open up holes for him.

Crabtree had one solid stretch where he looked like I hoped he would. But it was also in the middle of CK7 blowing up and defenses not knowing what was going on. Other than that he's been hurt or just decent. Who knows how he'll come back from injury and when.

Williams should be playing the slot.

Osgood is just a good roster dude and he's getting old.

Baldin/Moore... they're roster guys. Not guys that are going to be game changers.

All I see is a bunch of question marks.

Josh Gordon... in a bad system with bad qb's...
16 game rookie season. 50 catches. 5 TD's
So far this year... he's averaging 5 catches. 90 yards. per game and has 2 TD's.

This dude could be a game changer RIGHT NOW and a guy that the niners can build around in the future.

Crabtree comes back... guess what... you've got 4 guys that can all tear it up.

He makes them better right now and makes them a very tough match up in the playoffs.

But they'll be alright without him if no one else gets hurt and Crabtree comes back on fire.

As for Seattle. I don't think they're getting the credit they deserve. Their only loss is to a very good Colts team that just beat the best team in the NFL. Makes you think that they might just be the best team in the NFL.

They've shut down EVERY QB they've faced this year and made CK7 look like a freshman in college. And the Saints look every bit the team they were 2 years ago and that's scary.

I just don't see it. They could beat them both but I don't see it. Not this year.
Old 10-22-2013, 01:44 PM

Gordon is too big of a risk. I dont see any upside to him. Hes literally one screw up away from being suspended a full year by the league.

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
As for Seattle. I don't think they're getting the credit they deserve. Their only loss is to a very good Colts team that just beat the best team in the NFL. Makes you think that they might just be the best team in the NFL.

They've shut down EVERY QB they've faced this year and made CK7 look like a freshman in college. And the Saints look every bit the team they were 2 years ago and that's scary.

I just don't see it. They could beat them both but I don't see it. Not this year.
To be fair Seattle makes everyone look like **** in their stadium. That stadium gives them a ridiculous edge. We lost to the same Colts as them and realistically when we beat them in Candlestick (we havent lost to them at home since 2008), we'll have the same exact record.

Im usually pessimistic when it comes to the Niners but Im finally starting to see some improvements.
Old 10-28-2013, 05:07 PM

Car Info: Nadda
My takeaways:

1) Kaep looked good, glad he's running.
2) The MO of the 49er offense on calling timeouts cuz they can't get plays in... even in a quiet stadium.
3) Williams needs to go. Dude scares me fielding punts. I kinda laughed when Dixon was back there, lol.
4) Where is LaMichael? Rather have him fielding punts/kickoffs. Still looks like he's being punished for his tweet.
5) Can Baldwin step in as the 2? Hell, I'd like to see double tightends + double backs all day for matchup issues. Vernon Davis & McDonald with Boldin is all you need with Gore/Bruce Miller.
6) Eric Reid, definitely a solid rook.
Old 10-28-2013, 05:21 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Niners look great. Healthy at wr in a few weeks and they will be for sure in the NFC game.

Not sure how they will match up healthy vs Seattle or Saints. But they are def in the mix and should be at the NFC game 3yrs in a row.

Even if Seattle wins the west, Niners are automatic wildcard team if they are a game back. NFC teams elsewhere are a mess.
Old 10-29-2013, 05:35 PM

Tank Carradine activated to the 53man roster.
Old 10-29-2013, 06:27 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
Niners look great. Healthy at wr in a few weeks and they will be for sure in the NFC game.

Not sure how they will match up healthy vs Seattle or Saints. But they are def in the mix and should be at the NFC game 3yrs in a row.

Even if Seattle wins the west, Niners are automatic wildcard team if they are a game back. NFC teams elsewhere are a mess.
After this last game with Seattle I'm starting to think the niners might have it in them to beat them if they play it smart.

Pete is running Wilson too much and not using Lynch enough. But then again... Harvin is about ready to come back. If he's even 80% of the player he was before the season they're gonna be a tough team to match up with come play offs.

Way I see it... niners defense is as good as anyones but not as good as last years. The run game is solid. The pass game is going to improve when crabtree comes back but it's still not great and they still have 3 old or injury prone WR's. Who's to say 1 or all isn't limping come playoffs and Seattle has Sherman. He WILL shut down whoever they line him up on and since CK is a one read QB he'll either throw picks or be forced to run... i.e. get sacked.

Unless they add another explosive receiver to the mix they're gonna get bounced in the first round.

They have a better chance against NO than they do Seattle.

I started to rethink my rankings after this week. Niners are improving but I still have Seattle and NO over them.

I've got the niners back over Indy until Indy proves they can use T.Rich and T.Rich proves he's not a bust and the browns aren't genius'.

I've still got Denver first but a shaky first.

Denver
Seattle
Saints
49ers
KC/Indy
Cinci

This is the best year of football that I can remember in a long long time as far as NFL wide TEAM play.

I had Denver going in as my hands down favorite this year with Seattle/49ers up for the second spot.

Cinci is doing as well as I expected but I don't think it's their year unless the defense gets crazy hot. The colts I expected to be good but not this good. Same with the Saints.

The Saints could easy end up in the super bowl.

But I have a hard time seeing Seattle loose if they can grab a home game.

Long way to go. I'm still not buying KC. Now if they can add a bomb receiver... then I put them in the mix in the top 3.
Old 10-29-2013, 09:47 PM

Sidney Rice tore his ACL in the Rams game and is done for the season.
Old 10-31-2013, 03:21 PM

49ers activate Aldon Smith. Can play if he's ready, against Carolina.
Old 10-31-2013, 04:37 PM

Car Info: should i get brz, bro?
half-way point

should be interesting to see in which directions teams will go.
Old 11-01-2013, 01:06 AM

Originally Posted by sfas69
should be interesting to see in which directions teams will go.
Manningham & Crabtree look to be back this later half of the season. Looks like a tough schedule, but with these 2 guys back in the lineup there will be weapons all over the place.
Old 11-01-2013, 09:23 AM

I wouldn't expect much if anything from Crabs this year. Kyles looked like **** this year after he came back from his ACL. Hoping Manningham looks better when he returns but Im keeping my expectations low.
Old 11-01-2013, 09:54 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by iLoqin
Manningham & Crabtree look to be back this later half of the season. Looks like a tough schedule, but with these 2 guys back in the lineup there will be weapons all over the place.
Crabtree.... I really like the dude but IF he makes it back to where he was last year at the end of the season it won't be until the playoffs. He hasn't played. I don't care what he's done in rehab, he's not in game shape. It's not like Blackmon where he was fully healthy and could just focus on being in killer shape. He's had to rehab and focus on healing. But he could be huge once they get down to the wire.

Manningham. I've never been a fan. I don't think he's all that good. He's benefited from having a lot of OTHER guys around him that got attention so he got open. Last year... dude averaged 10.7 yards a catch. He's played one 16 game season in his career. He's essentially a younger version of what Boldin is right now and he's not nearly as good. I think he was a bad move.
He's nothing more than a roster guy. Him coming back just means less reps for Patton and Patton is the only guy on the roster right now that can blow up the field. I think they'd be better off with a healthy Crabtree/Boldin/Patton line up with Manningham coming in on 4 wide sets and to spell guys that are tired. But that won't happen.

They'll be better when they're all back but I think they're on crack if they don't see that they need to make a move on another true number 1 WR.

Side note... I'm impressed more and more by seastrunk. I hope Oakland gets him.
Old 11-04-2013, 01:26 PM

Nnamdi Asomugha released by the 49ers today.
Old 11-04-2013, 01:44 PM

Manningham and Wright activated.

Quick Reply: Official: 49ers 2013-2014 Season Thread