Official: 49ers 2013-2014 Season Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 02:09 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
Josh Gordon object of Browns, 49ers trade talks - NFL.com

"Might the Cleveland Browns front office force coach Rob Chudzinski to go back on his word to Josh Gordon?

Gordon revealed two weeks ago that Chudzinski had texted him to assure the wide receiver that he will not be traded. General manager Michael Lombardi and president Joe Banner are not actively shopping their star players, but that doesn't mean they won't listen to offers.

People informed of the Browns' thinking tell NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport that they have talked to other teams about Gordon, with the asking price of a second-round draft pick in return.

The receiver-needy San Francisco 49ers, in particular, have shown interest in Gordon. A deal is now considered unlikely, however, with Mario Manningham and Michael Crabtree nearing returns.

Manningham is eligible to be activated from the physically unable to perform list in two weeks. Coach Jim Harbaugh said Monday that Crabtree might return from Achilles tendon surgery as soon as mid-November.

Any Gordon trade will be tricky for the first-place Browns.

He is arguably the most gifted player on the Browns offense, with potential to emerge as a top-10 NFL receiver. He's also a suspension risk with a reputation of running with the wrong crowd and possessing both an entitlement mentality and a poor work ethic.

It doesn't help that Lombardi is on record as labeling Gordon a waste of a second-round draft pick in 2012.

Even if Lombardi and Banner view Gordon as too volatile to build around, they are unlikely to field an offer from a team willing to overlook that excessive baggage while meeting their asking price."
Old 10-09-2013, 04:00 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
DAFUQ is SF doing? They cut Skelton, and have some guy named McLeod Bethel-Thompson (from MIN)
Old 10-09-2013, 04:27 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
DAFUQ is SF doing? They cut Skelton, and have some guy named McLeod Bethel-Thompson (from MIN)
Seriously. I just read that. I thought dropping B.J. Daniels was a mistake but I figured they saw something in Skelton. Guess not.

Bethel Thompson is a local boy. He was a 49er for a minute a couple years ago. So someone must know something about him that the vikings didn't. He was playing for the Sabercats a few years ago.

Honestly... I think they made some seriously stupid moves. B.J. was the only one with any real potential. The niners must have regretted letting this dude go before. Not really sure why. He didn't stick the first time. He didn't stick with Miami and he didn't stick with the Vikings.

But who the hell knows.
Old 10-09-2013, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
Seems they can't make up their minds about the backup QBs. They should've just kept BJ Daniels. Plus the fact that they are handcuffing Kap to a pocket passer because they are afraid he will get hurt running, and were looking at Josh Freeman as a backup, speaks volumes about Colt McCoy's abilities as a 2nd string backup as well.
Old 10-09-2013, 04:59 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Bj Daniels backing up Kaepernick. Enough said. All this hoppin' around ****ing failure QBs can stop.

Thanks.

Hell, I'd rather have blown ACL Hoyer as my 3rd right now. Letting BJ go was dumb. Their problem was already solved. Yet they let him go and now it's playing ring around the rosey.
Old 10-09-2013, 05:17 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by iLoqin
Bj Daniels backing up Kaepernick. Enough said. All this hoppin' around ****ing failure QBs can stop.

Thanks.

Hell, I'd rather have blown ACL Hoyer as my 3rd right now. Letting BJ go was dumb. Their problem was already solved. Yet they let him go and now it's playing ring around the rosey.
Seriously. They had a guy with a lot of athletic ability that could learn the system. He can move enough like Kaep that the line would be used to it and they wouldn't have to do much more than simplify the play calling a little bit.

Instead... the dumped it and they're going back and forth with underachieving QB's that no one else wants and that can't work in the current system. It makes no sense except that maybe they just don't care. They'd rather spend money somewhere else and bank it all on CK7. He goes down they're screwed. I don't know wtf they're doing. But I can tell you this... they'll be drafting a QB at some point in the draft this year when they wouldn't have had to do that if they kept CJ around.

Stupid.

Alex Smith is probably loving this right now.
Old 10-09-2013, 05:55 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
I think this team might have finally gone full potato. Don't know what they hope to accomplish with this backup qb musical chairs.
Old 10-09-2013, 10:25 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Freaking crazy this year
Old 10-11-2013, 01:04 PM

Car Info: AW 2005 WRX Sedan
49ers vs Cardinals predictions?
Old 10-11-2013, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by subiedoobiedoo
49ers vs Cardinals predictions?
A lot closer game than expected. Frankie G rushes for another 100+ and we win by 7-10. 31-21 or similar. Our trend is to have phenomenal games followed by **** games so I think the secondary will get torched a bit here.

Last edited by FXTbrah; 10-11-2013 at 01:28 PM.
Old 10-11-2013, 02:28 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '00 BRP RS Sedan / '04 PSM FXT (RIP)
No predictions other than a Win. My brother hooked me up with tickets for the game so I'll be taking my daughter to her first football game and her first and last game at Candlestick. So stoked I'll be able to get her to a game before the place is torn down. She's almost four so I'm not sure how much she'll remember but we'll get picture of her with her dad and uncle for posterity.

Go NINERS!!!

-Brian
Old 10-11-2013, 07:22 PM
Old School

Please don't get into any fights. If fights happen in your view, do take video.
Old 10-11-2013, 10:15 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '00 BRP RS Sedan / '04 PSM FXT (RIP)
Fights? I'm bringing my 3 "and a HALF" year old Besides, everyone in by bro's section is cool as hell.

-Brian

Any fight videos will be uploaded post-haste
Old 10-12-2013, 10:08 PM
Old School

Originally Posted by eastbaysubaru
Fights? I'm bringing my 3 "and a HALF" year old Besides, everyone in by bro's section is cool as hell.

-Brian

Any fight videos will be uploaded post-haste
If you are in the upper section they happen. Lower sections I'm told are free of the gangster types.

Have fun!
Old 10-13-2013, 02:03 PM

Disgusting offense. 2 TOs in the redzone and you only get 6 points out of it. Trying to turn Colin into a pocket passer is pretty retarded. He looks uncomfortable out there.

Quick Reply: Official: 49ers 2013-2014 Season Thread