Official: 49ers 2013-2014 Season Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2013, 03:38 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Davis is overpowering wherever he is. I'd love to see him run some slot or even end up as playing the #2 as a receiver. He can block and has speed and size. The only thing, although he was a probowler, is his lack of hands on some big plays. He doesn't have Gonzalez's hands, but then again no other tight end has the hands of a Tony Gonzalez. Only person I might think is close is Jason Witten. Graham, Gates, etc. I've seen drop ***** plenty of times. Makes sense with

Justin Smith is the man, 49ers already knew he'd retire soon, so yea they drafted knowing he's going to be down soon, and also drafted so he isn't on the field every down.

I'm still excited at Okoye being an impact player in the next couple of years.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:33 PM

So Kaep got some slack for wearing a Miami Dolphins Hat

I could give a **** and really wouldn't care what he wears, except that the 49ers pay him big so he better sport Niner stuff. If he gets washed up this season this would only make him look worse. He's a star now, I even got a jersey of his, but a lot of what he does feels more showboat.

Sure he works hard, trains probably harder than any of us on here, but I agree with Bowman and his words

NaVorro Bowman: Kaepernick's Dolphins hat a mistake - NFL.com

This is a huge mistake by Kaep," Bowman said. "I'm sure he understands that now. In his defense, we're young, in our era these days we like to match our snapbacks with our outfits."

"The hats now these days are very important to the outfit, so Kaep I understand what you did, but let's stay away from the NFL teams," he added. "Stick to NBA, go to college or the baseball hats.
Old 07-16-2013, 11:48 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
"Gold jacket, green jacket, who gives a ****"

Old 07-17-2013, 09:56 AM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Originally Posted by iLoqin
So Kaep got some slack for wearing a Miami Dolphins Hat

I could give a **** and really wouldn't care what he wears, except that the 49ers pay him big so he better sport Niner stuff. If he gets washed up this season this would only make him look worse. He's a star now, I even got a jersey of his, but a lot of what he does feels more showboat.

Sure he works hard, trains probably harder than any of us on here, but I agree with Bowman and his words

NaVorro Bowman: Kaepernick's Dolphins hat a mistake - NFL.com
His choices as of late are very questionable. Hanging out with the game and chaufering him around? Wearing a fins hat and then the response. smh.
Old 08-08-2013, 04:17 PM

We all know what preseason is about, but I'm excited to see the new guys play. 2nd and 3rd strings, and hopefuls.

Really hoping for improvement from AJ Jenkins, and I want to see Eric Reid and Okoye.
Old 08-08-2013, 07:05 PM

And the first ball Jenkins gets... he fumbles.
Old 08-08-2013, 07:33 PM

Car Info: AW STI 05
god i hope AJ improves... its almost as if no QB is even looking at him
Old 08-08-2013, 07:50 PM

Car Info: WRB 2012 WRX Sedan
This La Michael's year
Old 08-08-2013, 11:27 PM

Originally Posted by WIN IN
god i hope AJ improves... its almost as if no QB is even looking at him
As a 1st round draft pick and the 49ers always in need of receivers... that dude needs to deliver. I mean common...

1) Catch the rock, he's dropped a ball last year which makes him even more unreliable, doesn't even fight for the ball like a Boldin

2) Hold onto the ball... fumbled his only catch this preseason...

3) If that dude continues to suck face, you'll see Moore or Lockette in there instead.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:55 AM

Car Info: WRB 2012 WRX Sedan
Bouldin
Old 08-09-2013, 09:11 AM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by Deniz1980
This La Michael's year
To me, he seems unimpressive. Just doesn't have the power to get through a guy. Open space, sure, but first man that touches him stops him.
Old 08-19-2013, 10:03 AM

AJ Jenkins traded to Kansas City
Old 08-19-2013, 10:37 AM

^I found this absolutely hilarious.

49ers trade A.J. Jenkins to Chiefs for Jonathan Baldwin - NFL.com

49ers trade 2012 first round draft pick for Baldwin, Chiefs 2011 first round draft picks. Both are considered busts, but I think the 49ers got better of the 2 busts.

At least Baldwin has had some playing time at the pro level. This is funny though, bust for bust maybe a change in teams will help them get off their feet and start producing. So sad though, I expect to see the 49ers go for a more.... Projected wideout next season. Crabtree was projected top#1. Niners need to grab another stud. 49ers might not ever see Crabtree back on the field. And if he is, his best year last year is probably the only one he'll have. An Achilles injury is likely a career ending one. The absolute WORST injury besides a spinal injury for a wide receiver. I was hearing some radio dudes talk. Yea the Achilles is the worst possible injury a wideout can get. Usually career ending

Lets face it. 49ers got Boldin, but he's aging. They got Collie as long as he doesn't get hurt. Other than that Manningham won't be back til mid season, Kyle Williams still recovering. Chad Hall, Moore, Lockette, Patton, Hastings... Now Baldwin, just a lot of young guys and no one making that leap to claim.

I just pray Collie and Boldin stay healthy

Last edited by iLoqin; 08-19-2013 at 10:40 AM.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:01 AM

I liked BJ Daniels play. Hope to see him more. IMO BJ Daniels looks much better than McCoy. I hope he moves up the depth chart. I think Daniels would even push Tolzien for backup position later on in the year. He has a good arm, and can move a bit like Kaepernick, obviously much smaller than Kaepernick. He's a Russell Wilson like size
Old 08-26-2013, 07:31 PM

Scott Tolzien cut... 49ers trade LB Haralson to the Saints, undisclosed for what 49ers received. But Haralson was making plays this preseason as a 2nd stringer... looked like he was dominating because he was making good plays. He's a good player, maybe the 49ers got a #2 or #3 round for next season. But Haralson is a damn good LB, sad to see him leave. He was injured last year so that's why he got moved down the chart, and Corey Lemonier.

49er Backup LBs look good. Aldon/Willis/Bowman/Brooks, then throw in Wilhoite, Lemonier, maybe even Cam Johnson or Skuta.

McCoy named #2.... and seriously I rather trust Bj Daniels/Seneca over McCoy. If Bj gets put on Practice Squad I guarantee some other team is gonna swoop him up. He's shown a nice ball with velocity and running skills, Russell Wilson'ish.

Quick Reply: Official: 49ers 2013-2014 Season Thread