Official: 49ers 2012-2013 Season Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2012, 05:33 PM

Alex Smith agrees to stay with the 49ers
Old 03-20-2012, 05:34 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Originally Posted by TurnWRX
Yea, saw it coming. He knows it's a business and there was a better QB out there. He wants to do better and get a ring, and doing that would be with the 49ers. Not with Miami.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:51 AM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
You guys see this?
Tim Tebow to the Jets for two midround picks | Shutdown Corner - Yahoo! Sports

Tebow to the Jets for a 4th round pick? WTF?

If I'm not mistaken, they have NO backup to Payton right now? And a 4th round pick... that's a steal for the jets.

The Jets now have a dude that could possibly play 4 positions and challenge at QB to start... and bring people to the seats. I'm not sure what the hell the broncos were thinking. If they had a viable number 2 then maybe. But Quinn is gone. With Tebow gone they have no one.

So are they expecting to draft a future starter? They need a guy that can play RIGHT NOW if manning gets hurt. Tebow or Quinn could have filled that slot.

I think they're making a HUGE mistake. But that's fine by me. The Raiders are one injury away from winning the division.
Old 03-21-2012, 11:59 AM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Broncos done goofed. In other news Sean Peyton suspended for a year for Bountygate and the Aints lose 2 second round picks for 2012 and 2013 as part of the punishment. I can only imagine how pissed off Brees is at getting franchise tagged and knowing his team is going to be mediocre at best for the next 5+ years.

Oh and Gregg Williams suspended indefinitely lol

Last edited by FXTbrah; 03-21-2012 at 12:03 PM.
Old 03-21-2012, 12:06 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
what caused the suspensions?
Old 03-21-2012, 12:21 PM

Bountygate

Gregg Williams had a bounty system in place that rewards defensive players for hits taking people "out of the game". Sean Peyton knew about it and did nothing. Now most teams have something like this in place but these idiots had paperwork on it lol.

Last edited by FXTbrah; 03-21-2012 at 12:25 PM.
Old 03-21-2012, 12:35 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by wrxBRAH
Broncos done goofed. In other news Sean Peyton suspended for a year for Bountygate and the Aints lose 2 second round picks for 2012 and 2013 as part of the punishment. I can only imagine how pissed off Brees is at getting franchise tagged and knowing his team is going to be mediocre at best for the next 5+ years.

Its only one year with that tag and they'll be competitive still.

I think he's more pissed about the dirty play (if he indeed didn't know)... right.

Loosing those picks hurts them BIG TIME.
Old 03-21-2012, 01:05 PM

Car Info: AW Pig-STI
Originally Posted by TurnWRX
end up being not a bad deal for Alex.

while the structure of the deal didn't really change (3yr/$24M), supposedly rumor says his guaranteed money did. from $10M guaranteed before, to now $16.5M guaranteed. with escalators and assuming he plays out the contract, Alex can earn up to $33M.

Well, I'll take that, cuz if he earns all those escalators, I'm sure we've made the playoffs multiple times and Alex has won some Awards.

Can't wait for the draft to happen! (late April right?)
Old 03-21-2012, 01:07 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
You guys see this?
Tim Tebow to the Jets for two midround picks | Shutdown Corner - Yahoo! Sports

Tebow to the Jets for a 4th round pick? WTF?

If I'm not mistaken, they have NO backup to Payton right now? And a 4th round pick... that's a steal for the jets.

The Jets now have a dude that could possibly play 4 positions and challenge at QB to start... and bring people to the seats. I'm not sure what the hell the broncos were thinking. If they had a viable number 2 then maybe. But Quinn is gone. With Tebow gone they have no one.

So are they expecting to draft a future starter? They need a guy that can play RIGHT NOW if manning gets hurt. Tebow or Quinn could have filled that slot.

I think they're making a HUGE mistake. But that's fine by me. The Raiders are one injury away from winning the division.
I would not be surprised to see the Broncos select Brandon Weeden now with the trade of Tim Tebow.

Weeden scrambles to avoid draft speculation as he starts meeting with teams - The Washington Post

Either him or maybe someone like Kellen Moore, but no matter what happens I would expect to see Denver most likely select a QB in the draft at this point as what's left out in Free Agency isn't exactly going to wow people.
Old 03-21-2012, 01:14 PM
General Pimpin'

Yeah... there's no way they don't get one in the top 2 rounds this year... no way. They need to pick up 2 QB's.
Old 03-21-2012, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by wrxBRAH

Not to mention the GM and assistant head coach are screwed too. Deserves them right and the NFL did the right move. What kind of professional sport that emphatically changed the NFL and everything for safety would NOT do anything about a team that's makin' cash off players gettin' hurt.

They'll be competitive, yes, but they won't be as strong as with their head coach. Annnnddd the defensive coordinator is kaput until further notice. 49ers dont have to worry about the crazy blitzes from the Rams now.
Old 03-22-2012, 09:27 PM

Oh shiet! Who baaaaddddd? We baaaaaddddd!

We got Ginn back for another year! ANDDDD we signed Josh Johnson who played for Harbaugh @ SD State when he won championships! What! Omg 49ers just maintained, added backups, and upgraded on every friggin position before the draft! I'm wow, just in awe with Baalke + Harbaugh have done!

Now I'm realllllly excited to see what the 49ers come out selecting this year! Well the O-line didn't get addressed, which is why I wouldn't mind another o-line stud. Amazing!

Last edited by iLoqin; 03-22-2012 at 09:30 PM.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:06 PM

Fleener killed it on pro day. I think he ran a 4.5 40 and moved up the draft rankings. Sucks because he had Grondowski potential.
Old 03-22-2012, 10:09 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
Am excited
Old 03-28-2012, 01:38 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
49ers picked up Brandon Jacobs.

Scout.com: Source: Ex-Giant Jacobs to join 49ers

NFL.com news: Niners add Brandon Jacobs, but does he fit?

We also kept Ted Ginn Jr.

Ted Ginn returns to San Francisco | ProFootballTalk

Quick Reply: Official: 49ers 2012-2013 Season Thread!