Official: 49ers 2012-2013 Season Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 06:31 PM

Car Info: Nadda
TO, LoL. But you coulda been right. I agree with CK7 and his reads. A lot of the game he'd be hesitant and still throw. It's lucky he wasn't picked more because of the gun he has. The audibles called. He actually called the last play right, but that isn't his skillset. I guarantee he practices the fade. Or back shoulder throw to Crabtree. We saw flashes of that this year. He can gun it accurate anywhere, but the touch on the ball isn't his thing. Hope to see adjustments based on it. Either he improves on the fade. Or he throws back shoulder cannons. But yes he isn't great at everything. Not everyone is. Coaches know how to find the best utilize it.

I also agree that time management is hugeeeee. But Alex also had the issue the first year. Dramatically improved second year. Kaepernick is mentally smart. I think he will be much much faster next year.

Last edited by iLoqin; 02-06-2013 at 06:34 PM.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:07 PM

Car Info: Whatever The Lot Provides ;)
Bah, Raven's schmavens, it ain't like they got this being erected for their Dynasty. I'll get a better shot after it rains this week and I got a better camera with me, preferably @ Sunset to catch the "Golden Hour" as it rolls into the West Facing Opening.

You all gotta come check this thing out, it's HUGE, seriously, HUGE.
Attached Thumbnails Official: 49ers 2012-2013 Season Thread!-img_1912.jpg  
Old 02-06-2013, 07:20 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by iLoqin
TO, LoL. But you coulda been right. I agree with CK7 and his reads. A lot of the game he'd be hesitant and still throw. It's lucky he wasn't picked more because of the gun he has. The audibles called. He actually called the last play right, but that isn't his skillset. I guarantee he practices the fade. Or back shoulder throw to Crabtree. We saw flashes of that this year. He can gun it accurate anywhere, but the touch on the ball isn't his thing. Hope to see adjustments based on it. Either he improves on the fade. Or he throws back shoulder cannons. But yes he isn't great at everything. Not everyone is. Coaches know how to find the best utilize it.

I also agree that time management is hugeeeee. But Alex also had the issue the first year. Dramatically improved second year. Kaepernick is mentally smart. I think he will be much much faster next year.
I agree. If he's smart he works his *** off with Crabtree and V.D. Working on timing routes and fade routes. Take a note from Manning.

You need to KNOW where you're receivers are. Like that last play. He didn't see the blitz coming. He should have. He should have called a play to put someone in a hole. He didn't. At the very least he should KNOW where his guys are. He just hucked it up there to avoid being sacked the last play of the game.

He does that and spends a LOT of time with the coach watching tape.... he'll be a monster.

I'd seriously send him home with nothing but tapes of Steve Young, Warren Moon and Rich Gannon. And tapes over every one of his games. Tell him to give you notes on every mistake he made and what he should have done instead.

He's only played 10 games. And he wasn't even suppose to play any this year. He did a hell of a job.

He makes those improvements in his head game he's gonna be an NFL MVP several times over. In 3 years we're talking about him like we're talking about Brady and Rodgers now.

But only if he makes those improvements. Otherwise defenses figure him out and within 2 years he's just another scrambling QB with a good arm.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:19 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
He saw that blitz coming a mile away. He just didnt think the defender would come untouched. It was literally a matter of less than a second and that throw wouldve been a lot closer. Wouldnt have mattered though, the P.I. still wouldnt have been called.

I think CK7 did a great job. Ofcourse hes not going to be able to read defenses like Manning or even Alex but you cant put Romans playcalling on Colin. He started the game super conservative mode and I dont think Colin wanted to audible out of those plays. As a rookie, you're never comfortable enough to stray from the gameplan. In the second half the playcalling opened up and Colin took full advantage.

Thats one thing I hate about Roman. He refuses to make any adjustments until hes beaten his head into the wall a half dozen times and thats usually too late. Our playcalling was a lot more innovative last year when we had had no red zone offense. This year we had it all and his playcalling went to **** in all of our losses. He was about as consistent as our pass rush, our secondary and our OL.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:02 AM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
Joe Flacco willing to break rules to tackle Ted Ginn Jr. - NFL.com

"Joe Flacco made all the right moves in leading the Baltimore Ravens to a world championship and winning Super Bowl XLVII's MVP award. But Flacco's superb instincts seem to have abandoned him in one case.

As revealed on NFL Films' Super Bowl XLVII edition of "Sound FX" Wednesday night on NFL Network, Flacco had an interesting contingency plan as the Ravens lined up for a free kick to the San Francisco 49ers' Ted Ginn Jr. with 4 seconds left in the game.

We'll pick it up as Flacco paces the sideline, approaching tight end Dennis Pitta.

Flacco: "If he starts to break it, go tackle him."

Pitta: "Really?"

Flacco: "I don't know ... what else can ... I mean, they might be able to get a touchdown on that, but I don't know."

Sensing he's not getting anywhere with Pitta, Flacco seeks to recruit others for his plan, turning to face center Matt Birk and offensive tackle Michael Oher.

"Hey, if he breaks it, if he busts this for some reason, tackle him; go tackle him ... I don't know what the rule is on that, but ..."

Birk then says something inaudible.

Flacco: "I will -- I'm going to."

Of course, it didn't come to that, as the Ravens special teams did the job and tackled Ginn legally.

So what would have happened had Flacco or another Ravens player left the sideline to make a touchdown-saving tackle of Ginn?

According to the NFL Rule Book's Rule 12, Section 3, Article 3:

"Palpably Unfair Act. A player or substitute shall not interfere with play by any act which is palpably unfair. Penalty: For a palpably unfair act: Offender may be disqualified. The Referee, after consulting his crew, enforces any such distance penalty as they consider equitable and irrespective of any other specified code penalty. The Referee may award a score.""
Old 02-07-2013, 12:28 AM

^ lol @ the thought of Flacco coming running off the sidelines to tackle Ginn Jr.

Refs would've spotted the ball on the 1 yard line with 0secs on the clock most likely with the way the calls went.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:37 AM

Car Info: 05 STi
Originally Posted by bobb126
Ok first of all, the refs already screwed the Raiders on the tuck rule back like ten years ago, so don't think that us Raiders fans haven't had it bad before.

Secondly, you're telling ruehl to stop sucking the ravens' *****, when clearly you are sucking the niners, hypocrite.

Thirdly, the niners committed plenty of penalties to get to the superbowl in the first place, against green bay and atlanta (and then baltimore, where they finally lost).

And lastly, if you think this game was rigged you are seriously mistaken and should have your head examined for tumors.

Hope that bag of Niners chodes tastes good in your mouth.
Im a niners fan, dumb ****. This is the niners thread, dumb ****.

bag of niners chodes....?

With regards to the reffing against green bay, yeah there weren't many calls that affected the game in any way but I was just making a point that teams commit penalties every game that don't get called.

Bottom line is, no one will remember the Niners runner up spot and all of their shoulda coulda wouldas, only the Ravens championship. Hypothetical football doesn't make a championship. What happens if there wasn't any holding on that fourth down and no one makes the catch? Still the same outcome. I wasn't really a huge fan of either team so I see the game for what it is a lot more than people like "boosted sti."
So you bring up a point about calls in a game...where there were no calls that should have taken place? Good one man.

I'm not saying the Niners aren't here to stay or that they will get brushed away, but for the vast large majority of people, ten years from now, it will just be a Ravens super bowl win, not a Niners huge upset loss.
You're a regular scholar huh? in 10 years people will remember the victor and not the loser? Captain obvious to the rescue! Im pretty sure it takes two teams to play in the superbowl...yeah? Niners fans will remember the loss, ravens fans will remember the win. Fans of other teams, like you, will wish your team was even competing in the game at all...or maybe you'd be happy enough if your team made the playoffs.

Get the **** out of the niners thread you sad little man. Is your life really so boring that you come into another team's fan thread and talk ****? Nothing you say is intelligent or contributory to the conversation in any way. Keep talking though, you're just making me look like a genius.

Last edited by BOOSTEDxSTi; 02-07-2013 at 12:43 AM.
Old 02-07-2013, 12:49 AM

Car Info: 05 STi
Originally Posted by flukewrx
Joe Flacco willing to break rules to tackle Ted Ginn Jr. - NFL.com

"Joe Flacco made all the right moves in leading the Baltimore Ravens to a world championship and winning Super Bowl XLVII's MVP award. But Flacco's superb instincts seem to have abandoned him in one case.

As revealed on NFL Films' Super Bowl XLVII edition of "Sound FX" Wednesday night on NFL Network, Flacco had an interesting contingency plan as the Ravens lined up for a free kick to the San Francisco 49ers' Ted Ginn Jr. with 4 seconds left in the game.

We'll pick it up as Flacco paces the sideline, approaching tight end Dennis Pitta.

Flacco: "If he starts to break it, go tackle him."

Pitta: "Really?"

Flacco: "I don't know ... what else can ... I mean, they might be able to get a touchdown on that, but I don't know."

Sensing he's not getting anywhere with Pitta, Flacco seeks to recruit others for his plan, turning to face center Matt Birk and offensive tackle Michael Oher.

"Hey, if he breaks it, if he busts this for some reason, tackle him; go tackle him ... I don't know what the rule is on that, but ..."

Birk then says something inaudible.

Flacco: "I will -- I'm going to."

Of course, it didn't come to that, as the Ravens special teams did the job and tackled Ginn legally.

So what would have happened had Flacco or another Ravens player left the sideline to make a touchdown-saving tackle of Ginn?

According to the NFL Rule Book's Rule 12, Section 3, Article 3:

"Palpably Unfair Act. A player or substitute shall not interfere with play by any act which is palpably unfair. Penalty: For a palpably unfair act: Offender may be disqualified. The Referee, after consulting his crew, enforces any such distance penalty as they consider equitable and irrespective of any other specified code penalty. The Referee may award a score.""
haha, what a dirty new jersey **********. His goofy *** played a hell of a game though...
Old 02-07-2013, 08:09 PM

Car Info: Nadda
He had a great post season, can't say anything about that. He's really been awesome since their new OC came in.

In any case, next year is going to be one helluve a battle in the NFC for playoffs spots.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:48 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Cary Williams not fined for shoving ref in Super Bowl - NFL.com

"Cary Williams insists he didn't intend to shove an official during Super Bowl XLVII, but anyone watching the game can't help but view the Baltimore Ravens cornerback as a fortunate soul for (a) not being penalized for his actions and (b) not being fined for them.

AFC spokesman Corry Rush confirmed to Around the League on Saturday that Williams will not be docked financially by the NFL for clearly pushing head linesman Steve Stelljes during an entanglement following safety Ed Reed's second-quarter interception of San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick.

Williams explained to WJFK-FM this week that he was agitated after having his helmet ripped off on the play. That's understandable, but Mike Pereira, the Fox Sports rules czar and former NFL vice president of officiating, told SI.com's Peter King "it should have merited an ejection."

"I don't know what went through the head linesman's mind, but the fact is you've got to eject for contact," Pereira said.

Instead of being booted, Williams stayed in the game and didn't miss a snap on defense. The rules regarding contact with an official are partly in place to protect referees -- there's no wiggle room -- making this non-call all the more bizarre."
Old 02-09-2013, 11:12 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Lots if no calls on raven players.
Old 02-10-2013, 12:11 AM
aka FlukeWRX

While I was shocked that there was no call at all (no penalty flag, no ejection) I was waiting to see a fine being handed out. The fact that there is no fine coming from shoving a official seems really like a double standard at this point as I have seen players get fines for far less when any type of contact is made with an official. He blatantly shoved him, regardless of if he meant to or not. There is precedent from other players that any type of contact is a fineable offense. Now with this happening what happens the next time a player makes contact with an official? Is it now acceptable? Is it acceptable because there was no intent to "hurt" the official?

While no call in the game was made (which I still believe there should have at minimum been a penalty flag thrown if not an outright ejection from the game) I completely disagree with no fine being lobbied against Williams as this will set a bad precedent moving forward.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:52 PM

Dude Frank already got fined twice for his socks. This is clear favoritism and only further backs up any claims that the reffing was one sided and rigged.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:32 PM

Car Info: 2011 2.5i Spark Silver
The people who hand out fines don't run the refereeing of the games. Examples can be found all the time since if you get a helmet to helmet call you don't always get fine and if you don't get called for helmet to helmet you can still get fined. Also, the same group handles uniform fines, media fines and everything else they fine the players for.

With uniform violations the remind the players during the game of he uniform violations multiple times and if the player doesn't correct them then they get fined. Also, Gore did not get fined for his socks in the super bowl from what I've seen.

Also, this same crew did not eject Cam Newton when he walked straight to a ref and pumped a ref face to face in a game this year.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:17 PM

Lol at comparing one to the other as the reason there was nothing done about it. Just stop please. Whatever Goodell wants happens. Could care less who signs the orders for the fines. Gores been fined twice for his socks. Look it up.

Rush didn't specify why Williams escaped any penalties, but considering his contact was much more violent than when Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton bumped an official this season (an act that resulted in a $21,000 fine)......

.....Former supervisor of NFL officials Jim Daopolous wrote on his Twitter account Williams should've been ejected, regardless of intent. Fox's Mike Pereira, the league's former vice president of officiating, told Sports Illustrated Williams should have been ejected.

Daopolous also said in an appearance on NBC Sports' ProFootballTalk Live Newton should have been ejected as well, and now the players' making contact with officials is "starting to snowball."

strong favoritism, strong rigging, strong everything. again just stop defending the NFL.

Last edited by FXTbrah; 02-10-2013 at 10:20 PM.

Quick Reply: Official: 49ers 2012-2013 Season Thread!