Official: 49ers 2012-2013 Season Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 03:02 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Again, hole wasn't too deep, Niners had 4 chances and Kaepernick checked at least the last play off on his own. It was his call, so the Niners reap what they chose. Kaepernick will obviosly be practicing his touch on the ball in that aspect. He admits he changed the call knowing it was cover 0 (all out blitz and 1on1). It wasn't too deep due to the fact the Niners could have taken the lead on the final drive.

Not enough runs IMO, it was the play calling and/or decision making between Greg Roman, Jim Harbaugh and Kaepernick that cost the game or Kaepernick's fail pass or audible that did it.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:08 PM

Car Info: '01 GC8 & '96 OBS
Originally Posted by BOOSTEDxSTi
then unlatch your claws from the raven's ******** if you're from cali. You don't describe plays accurately...tune your rabbit ear tv to sportscenter and watch carry williams run into akres knee. This time put your glasses on.

What shows I have no argument? Insults? Oh like the word 'pathetic' right? Hypocrite.

Conspiracy theory? Calm down man...don't let your blood pressure raise too much.

Have fun cheering for the Raiders the next 5 seasons. You wont have to worry about 'your team' leaving the game in the refs hands, cause 'your team' wont be in the playoffs until they move them out of oakland.
Ok first of all, the refs already screwed the Raiders on the tuck rule back like ten years ago, so don't think that us Raiders fans haven't had it bad before.

Secondly, you're telling ruehl to stop sucking the ravens' *****, when clearly you are sucking the niners, hypocrite.

Thirdly, the niners committed plenty of penalties to get to the superbowl in the first place, against green bay and atlanta (and then baltimore, where they finally lost).

And lastly, if you think this game was rigged you are seriously mistaken and should have your head examined for tumors.

Hope that bag of Niners chodes tastes good in your mouth.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:45 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Originally Posted by bobb126
Ok first of all, the refs already screwed the Raiders on the tuck rule back like ten years ago, so don't think that us Raiders fans haven't had it bad before.

Secondly, you're telling ruehl to stop sucking the ravens' *****, when clearly you are sucking the niners, hypocrite.

Thirdly, the niners committed plenty of penalties to get to the superbowl in the first place, against green bay and atlanta (and then baltimore, where they finally lost).

And lastly, if you think this game was rigged you are seriously mistaken and should have your head examined for tumors.

Hope that bag of Niners chodes tastes good in your mouth.
How about you just let us wallow in our misery instead of telling us how the game wasnt lopsided reffed. You're right we caught a lucky break in the Atlanta game on that Roddy White holding at the end but Roddy still got a chance at the ball. Cant say the same for us.

-Blatant holding on the kick return by Jacoby Jones
-Defensive PI/Holding on Crabtree
-Ed Reed literally offsides and when the same thing happens to them the flag is thrown. Killed our 2 point conversion on this.
-Crabtree defenseless receiver and got hit on the helmet
-The safety (that was more of a rule loophole so w/e)
-No call on a Williams pushing a referee (10 out of 10 times, this would be an instant ejection)

I have zero idea what you're reffering to in the GB game. There were 0 penalties that effected the way the game ended.

Had we got a score there and then Ravens got their 2min drive and beat us, Id have no problem sucking it up. But to even hint that the game wasnt lopsided reffed in a Niners thread, come the **** on man.
Old 02-06-2013, 03:48 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
Originally Posted by iLoqin
Again, hole wasn't too deep, Niners had 4 chances and Kaepernick checked at least the last play off on his own. It was his call, so the Niners reap what they chose. Kaepernick will obviosly be practicing his touch on the ball in that aspect. He admits he changed the call knowing it was cover 0 (all out blitz and 1on1). It wasn't too deep due to the fact the Niners could have taken the lead on the final drive.

Not enough runs IMO, it was the play calling and/or decision making between Greg Roman, Jim Harbaugh and Kaepernick that cost the game or Kaepernick's fail pass or audible that did it.
I'm sorry, you'd have gotten a TD and then given the ball back to Baltimore, who has great success getting field position on you guys. Great success throwing on you guys. They even ran the ball for the short 1st downs well on you guys.

So even if you got the lead with a TD... There is no guaranty that you could have stopped them from kicking a FG to win the game. Esp with a kicker as clutch as Tucker.

Now, if there was like 10 seconds on the clock and you got a TD, sure. But they had 2 timeouts, and more than enough capability to get down the field and kick one in.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by wrxBRAH
How about you just let us wallow in our misery instead of telling us how the game wasnt lopsided reffed. You're right we caught a lucky break in the Atlanta game on that Roddy White holding at the end but Roddy still got a chance at the ball. Cant say the same for us.

-Blatant holding on the kick return by Jacoby Jones
-Defensive PI/Holding on Crabtree
-Ed Reed literally offsides and when the same thing happens to them the flag is thrown. Killed our 2 point conversion on this.
-Crabtree defenseless receiver and got hit on the helmet
-The safety (that was more of a rule loophole so w/e)
-No call on a Williams pushing a referee (10 out of 10 times, this would be an instant ejection)

I have zero idea what you're reffering to in the GB game. There were 0 penalties that effected the way the game ended.

Had we got a score there and then Ravens got their 2min drive and beat us, Id have no problem sucking it up. But to even hint that the game wasnt lopsided reffed in a Niners thread, come the **** on man.
With regards to the reffing against green bay, yeah there weren't many calls that affected the game in any way but I was just making a point that teams commit penalties every game that don't get called.

Bottom line is, no one will remember the Niners runner up spot and all of their shoulda coulda wouldas, only the Ravens championship. Hypothetical football doesn't make a championship. What happens if there wasn't any holding on that fourth down and no one makes the catch? Still the same outcome. I wasn't really a huge fan of either team so I see the game for what it is a lot more than people like "boosted sti."
Old 02-06-2013, 04:26 PM

With regards to the reffing against green bay, yeah there weren't many calls that affected the game in any way but I was just making a point that teams commit penalties every game that don't get called.

Bottom line is, no one will remember the Niners runner up spot and all of their shoulda coulda wouldas, only the Ravens championship. Hypothetical football doesn't make a championship. What happens if there wasn't any holding on that fourth down and no one makes the catch? Still the same outcome. I wasn't really a huge fan of either team so I see the game for what it is a lot more than people like "boosted sti."
You gotta be joking me. Every team thats ever been shafted in the Superbowl remembers the exact moment it happened. Just ask Seahawks fans. Super Bowl XL head official admits to blown calls - Shutdown Corner - NFL Blog - Yahoo! Sports
This game ended a lot farther apart in score. Im sure it'll go down as one of the most controversial SBs of all time.

Ive talked to plenty of Steelers fans since they were the most unbiased. All of them shared one thing in common, they wanted both teams to get hit by a meteor and all of them agree that this game was reffed terribly in favor of the Ravens.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
I'm sorry, you'd have gotten a TD and then given the ball back to Baltimore, who has great success getting field position on you guys. Great success throwing on you guys. They even ran the ball for the short 1st downs well on you guys.

So even if you got the lead with a TD... There is no guaranty that you could have stopped them from kicking a FG to win the game. Esp with a kicker as clutch as Tucker.

Now, if there was like 10 seconds on the clock and you got a TD, sure. But they had 2 timeouts, and more than enough capability to get down the field and kick one in.
You're right, thats what would've happened. Would've been easier to take losing straight up. Hell I wouldve been ok losing 100-6 over what we got. Its a hard pill to swallow.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:01 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
In short.... the niners did pretty much what I expected them to do for one very big reason... they live and die by the sword. That sword wears number 7. He came out shell shocked and the whole team went with him. The Ravens did what I've been waiting for a team to do... correctly shadow kaep. They shut him down in the first half (he didn't help himself). After the break the Ravens were a bit tired and the niners pounced.

It then came down to a few things at the end.

Will to win
Coaching
Time

The niners made a couple HUGE time mistakes. The Ravens were a better coached team in all facets and down in the red zone the niners clammed up for some damn reason. The play calling was a joke. Kaep had the end zone on one of the plays if he wanted it but he looked pass. And the Ravens defense wanted it more.

You put his hero Favre in that position and they win. Period. Why... because on that roll out he would have seen and inch and put his face in it. Kaep bailed out.

He's a hell of a ball player and he has a huge future. Not because he can run like hell but because he can make the passes. He needs to dig out all the tape on Steve Young that he can find. Learn when to run and when not to. He'll have a big future and with a wise player management the niners are gonna be one of the top 4/5 teams in the NFL for the next 7 years at least.

Some of those throws.... damn. But those throws came BECAUSE he started to run. The runs came because he started to throw. They feed each other. In the first half he didn't know wtf to do so he didn't do anything.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:03 PM
General Pimpin'

And yes... the refs were VERY much on the side of the Ravens all game long.

But I think they played it pretty loose on both sides all game. I'd rather have that than a game with 24 penalties and penalties deciding games.

Niners got lucky an out of bounds hit on flacco.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:14 PM
Old School

Bottom line is, no one will remember the Niners runner up spot and all of their shoulda coulda wouldas, only the Ravens championship. Hypothetical football doesn't make a championship. "
I don't agree with this at all. This is the strongest Niners team in 2 decades. and they are here to stay for a few years. Everyone will remember it. Sure, they aren't the winners, but it's not like the loser just gets brushed away. It was a action packed Superbowl.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:18 PM
Old School

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
In short.... the niners did pretty much what I expected them to do for one very big reason... they live and die by the sword. That sword wears number 7. He came out shell shocked and the whole team went with him. The Ravens did what I've been waiting for a team to do... correctly shadow kaep. They shut him down in the first half (he didn't help himself). After the break the Ravens were a bit tired and the niners pounced.

It then came down to a few things at the end.

Will to win
Coaching
Time

The niners made a couple HUGE time mistakes. The Ravens were a better coached team in all facets and down in the red zone the niners clammed up for some damn reason. The play calling was a joke. Kaep had the end zone on one of the plays if he wanted it but he looked pass. And the Ravens defense wanted it more.

You put his hero Favre in that position and they win. Period. Why... because on that roll out he would have seen and inch and put his face in it. Kaep bailed out.

He's a hell of a ball player and he has a huge future. Not because he can run like hell but because he can make the passes. He needs to dig out all the tape on Steve Young that he can find. Learn when to run and when not to. He'll have a big future and with a wise player management the niners are gonna be one of the top 4/5 teams in the NFL for the next 7 years at least.

Some of those throws.... damn. But those throws came BECAUSE he started to run. The runs came because he started to throw. They feed each other. In the first half he didn't know wtf to do so he didn't do anything.
You can't put that 1st half on CK7. He played the game the coaches gave him, and didn't seem to make many mistakes at all.

The Defense dropped the ball big time in the first half. and the coaches.

And Moss... T-REX MOSS either wasn't where he was supposed to be or was supposed to jump for the ball, and didn't... end result was the interception.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:27 PM

I don't agree with this at all. This is the strongest Niners team in 2 decades. and they are here to stay for a few years. Everyone will remember it. Sure, they aren't the winners, but it's not like the loser just gets brushed away. It was a action packed Superbowl.
I'm not saying the Niners aren't here to stay or that they will get brushed away, but for the vast large majority of people, ten years from now, it will just be a Ravens super bowl win, not a Niners huge upset loss.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:30 PM

Car Info: Nadda

Quite possibly but that's not my point. Your point is that they were in a hole too deep. My point is that they were not. We're not talking about switching leads. We're talking about if they were in too deep to come back. Sure flacco would have had time, but I think the Niners get the final stand. Either way, if the Niners scored instead of stalling which to me states what I said was correct. Not too big of a hole to climb out of. They were within 1 score and had multiple chances to do so.

The issue was play calling/audibles by Greg Roman, Jim Harbaugh and Colin Kaepernick.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:42 PM
General Pimpin'

I do put that first half on CK7. A team revolves around the QB. If the QB is tentative the team is tentative. Even the defense will feed off of it.

Do I think coaching had something to do with it... sure. But I think it had more to do with the Ravens linebackers being in his face and his head. He had a couple easy opportunities to run and didn't take them.

That allows people like Reed to sit back and look for the ball. He threw some really stupid passes but got very lucky. Even in the second half. Guys bailed him out. That TD to Crabtree... that's all crabtree man. On that play VD was wide open. He had VD wide open on another pass that would have been a TD. Instead he was locked in on his primary receiver and completely missed him. 3 points instead of 7. That was the whole first half.

He is still VERY young. He doesn't read defenses BEFORE the snap very well. And he locks on to guys. He's got a huge arm so he gets away with it. For now. He needs to study study study or he'll just be another Vick. (Although I think he has WAY more tools than VICK... way more).

But you look at the QB play in the first half and you'll see why Flacco will have a HUGE contract next year. It's not all about talent. CK7 is miles ahead of Flacco when it comes to athletic ability. Flacco is unshakeable. Looks like a damned robot. The niners did a good job taking him out of the game in the second half for the most part but got VERY lucky with the Ravens loosing two very key guys. One on each side of the ball.

I think loosing Ngata completely changed the game.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:48 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by iLoqin
The issue was play calling/audibles by Greg Roman, Jim Harbaugh and Colin Kaepernick.
I agree.

CK7 is terrible at pre-snap reads. He'll get better or he'll be a flash in the pan.
Roman/Harbaugh got really tentative around the goal line. You can't not use the run and then all of sudden rely on it. No rhythm. The play calling inside the 30 on that last drive.... dumbfounded. Absolutely terrible. He was too worried about giving Flacco time instead of being worried about his own damned team and scoring. Score the TD. Put a pumped up defense on the field to make a stand. Win.

Clock management all game was a HUGE issue and I'd say it was 80% CK7.

He really showed his inexperience in that game. He's got a lot more to show. Niners are gonna be scary if they make wise drafts in the next couple years... i.e. they need a new back this year... one that can be ready to be THE guy in 2 years. Hunter ain't it. Gore is for now. For now. And they need another WR. Moss is a joke. He's not even a decent decoy. I honestly think that T.O. would have been a better move for this year.

Quick Reply: Official: 49ers 2012-2013 Season Thread!