Official: 49ers 2012-2013 Season Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 10:01 AM

Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
Sorry, but the reason the niners lost was the niners very poor play in the first half.

Niners should have walked on the ravens.

Blaming the refs is stupid. Blaming ravens players is stupid.

You need to blame the coaching staff and the defense for the incredibly poor play in the first half. Way below what they were capable of. Nothing else is the reason you lost.

Pulling for the niners today. Just too big of a hole to easily cover.

^ This. Terrible first half. Kap seems to always start off slow. Almost always lets the play clock run down to 1 sec. He's inexperienced. Just needs to improve on those things. No pressure on Flacco. Defensive secondary sucked big time in the first half. Too big a hole to dig out of. In the end, the niners made it a close game and had a chance to win. Just gotta wait till next year to win the big one.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:06 AM

Car Info: 2011 2.5i Spark Silver
Originally Posted by BOOSTEDxSTi
That was good coverage by Navorro, no PI. Roddy white and julio jones were pushing off and not getting caught for it allll day.

whats your magical argument for the non call on defensive offsides on the 2 pt conversion?

The Refs threw this game. They ****ed it up for us in crucial situations, they blew the calls.

and Karma? The only karma the niners have coming their way would be 100+ PI calls in a row in their favor. They get bull**** penalties nearly every game, and it is almost never called equally. Only equally called game this year was the saints game.

The playoff game against the pack was fair as well.
Please read my post before going on a tirade. I clearly said sorry for the words right before the picture because it was the only picture I could fine.

My explanation for the for the non call on the 2pt attempt is the same for the non call when Torrey smith was held down the sideline in the first half. Calls are missed its part of the game and always will be when you have humans making judgement calls.

What I gleam from your argument is that if its ever against your team it's a bad call when in reality non and bad calls happen to every team every game. You can't look at your team with rose color glasses or you will go insane.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:09 AM

Car Info: 2011 2.5i Spark Silver
Also Akers is your place kicker not your punter so I have no idea how he got roughed on a punt, unless you mean FG attempt when he stepped on the guy diving to block the kick and fell.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:26 AM
Stacheless Cholo

Car Info: 2005 STi
Name:  A9153CB0-69C0-4B26-9967-A87AECA6F08A-11328-00000AC2EC2C1273.jpg
Views: 7
Size:  68.3 KB
Old 02-04-2013, 10:46 AM

Car Info: 2004 Subaru WRX
On the two point conversion, flag should've been thrown. On the last drive, pass interference should've been called. But oh well, let ray Lewis leave finally, guy talks about god and ****, has 5 wives and hella kids, I think he believes in Allah
Old 02-04-2013, 11:38 AM

Car Info: Nadda
Sorry, but the reason the niners lost was the niners very poor play in the first half.

You need to blame the coaching staff and the defense for the incredibly poor play in the first half. Way below what they were capable of. Nothing else is the reason you lost.

I dont agree. Sure the 49ers came out getting waffle stomped on

penalty very first play of the drive
missed pass to crabtree in the end zone
allowing the 2nd half kickoff to be returned

But they got back in it and could have won it. This game was the sloppiest Niner game I've seen all season, so many missed tackles and opportunities to sack/tackle for loss and they blew it. Along with the missed tackle on that fail bomb. Flacco even tossed the rock on his back foot a couple of times. There were at least 2-3 opportunities for interceptions they didn't finish or grab after a tip.

Bottom line, they had the ball inside the 10 yard line with 2 timeouts with 2 minutes left in the game. I'm absolutely 110% flabbergasted that there was no option in the call. Hell I woulda called the first 2-3 plays as options/bootleg. I don't understand ANY pass without the pistol fake.

If you noticed, even in the first half, the wishbone/pistol got at least 5 yards per rush. They didn't run it enough IMO and I believe it cost them the game in the final series.

Last but not least, HOW CAN YOU NOT ***** about the 2pt conversion penalty? That was absolutely HUGE. If the 49ers tie the game, then the FG by Ravens happened, 49ers could have got a chip in FG by Akers to send the game to OT on the 4th down play at the end of the game. That was such a blatant NON call I feel that you can argue the game was rigged just on that call. There are 7 refs on the field and NO ONE CAUGHT DUDE COMING OFF EDGE THAT FAST? But they caught brooks/smith on that double offsides didn't they?

Yea I probably sound bitter, in any case, it won't change a thing. Just pointing out the damned few things that had critical, CRITICAL points in the game to change the layout from 1td to 1fg. Even with all the hill climbing the Niners did, they had the shots to win.

Last edited by iLoqin; 02-04-2013 at 11:48 AM.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:57 AM

Car Info: 05 STi

No actually...Ignoring all of the gameplay up until the 2pt conversion. 31-29. We are going for two...theres no "too big of a hole" with half the clock left in the 4th and we're going for a 2pt to tie...we were right in the game when we needed to be.

Originally Posted by ruehl
Please read my post before going on a tirade. I clearly said sorry for the words right before the picture because it was the only picture I could fine.

My explanation for the for the non call on the 2pt attempt is the same for the non call when Torrey smith was held down the sideline in the first half. Calls are missed its part of the game and always will be when you have humans making judgement calls.

What I gleam from your argument is that if its ever against your team it's a bad call when in reality non and bad calls happen to every team every game. You can't look at your team with rose color glasses or you will go insane.
Dude im not looking at any team through rose color glasses, but you may need to go to Lenscrafters and get some new glasses cause I don't know what you were watching. NON CALL ON TOREY SMITH??? the **** are you talking about? If ANYTHING AT ALL that was OFFENSIVE pass interference. Rodgers had the interception if torey smith didn't throw his arm around his face to impede his view and attempt to make the play. How do you miss these things when they show them in slow-mo replay?

You need to watch some replays man....even all over sportcenter they are highlighting the HOLD on crabtree AND (i didn't even know this at the time) a HOLD on DELANEY WALKER ON THE EXACT SAME PLAY...yeah human error is part of the game, yeah both sides probably got lucky on a couple plays. The point is..if your going to call the HOLDING on CULLIVER against BOLDON on a 3rd and 9 and give the ravens a free first down....STAY CONSISTENT ON YOUR ****ING HOLDING CALLS.

Originally Posted by ruehl
Also Akers is your place kicker not your punter so I have no idea how he got roughed on a punt, unless you mean FG attempt when he stepped on the guy diving to block the kick and fell.
yeah yeah yeah..i meant field goal. stepped on a guy and fell? Go crawl into your $10,000 home in baltimore and jack off to ray lewis reading some scripture. Your obviously biased, as every play you are bringing up and commenting on happened differently then how you describe it..

Do they have Lenscrafters in baltimore?

Originally Posted by hey1230000
On the two point conversion, flag should've been thrown. On the last drive, pass interference should've been called. But oh well, let ray Lewis leave finally, guy talks about god and ****, has 5 wives and hella kids, I think he believes in Allah
Exactly. Game was thrown. People want to see that god worshiping murdering go out on top because all the hype was around him. He's a dramaqueen of the game, crying after every playoff win...stumbling to the 50 yard line so he can get on his knees and cry to god. He's a ****ing pig...
Old 02-04-2013, 12:25 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
How about the non call when Flacco was clearly out of bounds and got hit still. No call there. They let them play. And no that last play was not PI. Crabtree ran into the defender within the 5 yards and the 2 of them were tangled up. They won't call that. If Crabtree ran the proper route, straight to the pylon then it would have been cause he would have blown by the defender.

Blaming refs is sore loser bull****. Niners screwed the pooch in the first half and that was their demise.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:01 PM

Car Info: 05 STi
That flacco call is valid, I definitely expected to get a 15 yd on that one. The niners were on the 5 yard line, meaning that the second crab and his defender crossed the plane of the endzone it was past the legal 5 yards contact. The contact and holding happened 2-3 yards into the endzone.There is clear replay of #22 on ravens wrapping both his arms around crab and pulling his jersey, to which crab tries to use his forearm to get #22 off of him so he can make the catch.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:23 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by BOOSTEDxSTi
That flacco call is valid, I definitely expected to get a 15 yd on that one. The niners were on the 5 yard line, meaning that the second crab and his defender crossed the plane of the endzone it was past the legal 5 yards contact. The contact and holding happened 2-3 yards into the endzone.There is clear replay of #22 on ravens wrapping both his arms around crab and pulling his jersey, to which crab tries to use his forearm to get #22 off of him so he can make the catch.
The problem is they let so much go uncalled that they couldn't call that unless it was overtly blatant. Right off the line, Crabtree ran into the defender because he was taking away the slant. Once there they were grappling with each other. If Crabtree ran straight to the pylon and didn't allow himself to get concerned with the defender, he might have gotten tackled by the guy. That would (should) have been called. Or if he tried a side step before getting to the defender. Lots of possiblities. But that is probably not a play they practice very often. It doesn't play to Kap's strengths. But it was gonna be the only play they could get off.

But it really never should have gotten that far. The niners didn't perform well in the redzone. Having to settle for too many FG's. They'll be back there next season.
Old 02-04-2013, 02:51 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
All this ref blaming and conspiracy theories of the NFL having against them... you'd think I was reading a thread with ****ing Raiders fan up in here...

Of which I am, yet, I've always said that stuff is stupid. Calls happen or don't happen... just luck/unlucky. You know have any idea how pissed my friends are when I tell them the NFL isn't out to get us?

You guys sound EXACTLY like kook raiders fans...
Old 02-04-2013, 02:56 PM
plays well with others

Car Info: your mother crazy
Originally Posted by bluwrxwgn
Blaming refs is sore loser bull****. Niners screwed the pooch in the first half and that was their demise.
This. You know what would have won the game?
  1. Not throwing an interception
  2. Not fumbling
  3. Catching the ****ing ball
Old 02-04-2013, 02:57 PM
Old School

Niners should have won by 12+ over 60mins. Instead they got steamrolled in the first half+2nd kick off. Then they come back to be very close. Then you get 1st and goal on the 7... and you offense falls apart.

But you guys clutch that holding call as if it's automatically going to get you a TD... is it? You didn't do it in 3 other tries! a holding call is what? 5yards? So you get half the distance to the goal and repeat 4th down. Another fade to Crabtree? NOW you are going to run it on the last play you got? You have any idea how it's still stacked against you?

and 1:50 seconds is PLENTY of time for the ravens to come right back down the field, with 2 TO btw, and kick a FG to win it. From Justin Tucker, who's been CLUTCH this year!

The only FOR SURE thing that lost you this game is the 1st half play. Ignore it all you want, but that's why you lost. You got the team going in the 2nd half, but that 1st half just shouldn't have been like that.
Old 02-04-2013, 03:03 PM
Old School

Originally Posted by irrational x
This. You know what would have won the game?
  1. Not throwing an interception
  2. Not fumbling
  3. Catching the ****ing ball
4. Not Tackling Well
5. Not Play Calling well

The list goes on... That 1st half should never have happened!
Old 02-04-2013, 03:55 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
I'm not sure that the ball that was an interception was not something Randy Moss couldn't have caught, but he made damn sure he wasn't going to catch it by not even TRYING to catch it. He didn't even raise his hands at all to catch that pass from what I saw. From the angle that they showed it looked like he should have been able to snag that pass (maybe a bit high in which he may have been able to tip the pass at least). It may have still ended up as an INT, but it would have been nice to have seen a LITTLE effort with that one from the "Best Receiver of All Time".

The play calling seemed pretty freaking bad at points as well. When it's 3rd and long and you try to run the ball (which didn't seem to be picking up the 1st down on multiple attempts at 3rd and long before that) don't keep running the same play. Run the ball, up the middle, get a few yards and then punt the ball away. It seemed like either bad play calling or safe play calling. Too much time spent away from the game plans that the Niners had used to get them to that point seemed to ultimately be their demise. That and as has been said earlier some of the worst tackling they had all season. That kickoff return should have never happened when he went right up the gut of the field between multiple defenders.

Last edited by JelloChex; 02-04-2013 at 03:58 PM.

Quick Reply: Official: 49ers 2012-2013 Season Thread!