Official: 49ers 2012-2013 Season Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 12:18 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by iLoqin
Another note, the 49ers attacked the differently on the option. Whih was impressive to me. Most of the time we've see the pistols or RB go inside and Kaep reads and goes outside. This time, which was the most apparent on the LMJ Td, the sweeper got a running head start and went outside and Kaep fakes inside. So that burst of speed really surprised the Falcons. Just adds another dimension of the option. I'm still waiting to see Kaep keep one of those and run opposite direction. Usually it's a fake middle, run left or right. This time it was run right fake mid. I can't wait to see them fake right and run left.
That's fine occasionally... and against a team with a softer inside. Kaep is a big dude and can take some hits.

But when you've got LB's like Balt has... I don't think they'll do too much of that.

They'd be wise to use a more traditional running game with an outside options scattered in. Going up the middle seems like a bad idea. I think 52 is gonna be sitting on 7 all day because he can. Ed Reed can handle the pressure deeper.

But I do foresee them figuring out how to get Kaep into the secondary as often as possible.
Old 01-21-2013, 09:49 PM

Car Info: Nadda
There was one point after the first 2 series that were both 3 and outs. It looked like Frank was talkin' to Coach. Then the next series, the biggest series, after the 49ers were down 17-0, they ran the ball like 4 of the first 5 plays to Gore. Eventually it turned into a score, but I like the mentality that Gore wanted the rock to get that critical first down.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:07 PM

Car Info: www.pinoymamba.tumblr.com
frank gore, the U...
Old 01-21-2013, 11:17 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
First, no replacement. We will do or die with Akers. Second, if Akers drilled it right over th upright, it's counted as good. Last, I think that final drive after brooks or whoever landed on Ryan really gave us the win because Ryan was hurt. Playing with a sprained/separated shoulder. Couldn't even heave the ball for a Hail Mary. In addition, made Ryan more weary when they were at the 16 yard line.

A Smith needs some big sacks in the Super Bowl, kinda fell off the map. I know that we see him get hits and hurries. But not enough IMO. 49ers pass rush got exposed. That's why the WRs were runnin all over the game.

One big moment in the game. After Crabtree turns it over. Rogers solo tackles Gonzales and pushes him out. Hard feat against a tight end of his caliber. Forced a punt.
I concur. They gotta roll w/ Akers. I understand that the "tryouts" & the eventual Cundiff signing several weeks ago was a way to re-ignite a fire in Akers belly. But any tryouts now will just further shatter his confidence.

I'm hoping they figure out some positive reinforcement techniques so he gets his mojo back. I felt so bad for him on Sunday as he sat at the end of the bench like he was a leper.

Yes, Matty Ice's shoulder injury played a significant part in securing the win. I hate to see a guy go down, but I was just grateful that Ryan didn't pull a Matthew Stafford (game-winning TD pass w/ separated non-throwing shoulder) from a few seasons ago.

We better see the Smith "brothers" getting their sack on. As you said, hits & hurries aren't good enough. Not w/ BAL's pass catching threats. Otherwise we'll see a repeat aerial attack like ATL put on 'em.

OMG! Carlos Rogers' denying Gonzalez the 1st down was HUGE! I told my nephew that that stop was a big time play. That was among those handful of individual battles that made the difference between going to The Big Dance and goin' fishin'.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:23 PM
VIP Member

There was one point after the first 2 series that were both 3 and outs. It looked like Frank was talkin' to Coach. Then the next series, the biggest series, after the 49ers were down 17-0, they ran the ball like 4 of the first 5 plays to Gore. Eventually it turned into a score, but I like the mentality that Gore wanted the rock to get that critical first down.
Yup, during that series I said that we need to see a healthy dose of Frank Gore. Pound the rock. All. Day. Long.

I love his attitude. He's probably the one player I'm most happy for.
Old 01-21-2013, 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by boardoholic
Yup, during that series I said that we need to see a healthy dose of Frank Gore. Pound the rock. All. Day. Long.

I love his attitude. He's probably the one player I'm most happy for.
Yea, I hope the 49ers understand the significance of making it to the big house. They haven't been there since 1995. That is 17 years. It's such an elusive thing to try and win.

So I guess I can start a new trend...

Last time the 49ers were at the Superbowl, I was in the 5th grade watching it at my friend's house.
Old 01-22-2013, 11:22 AM

Car Info: 06 TRD Tacoma
So I'm trying to find a cool bar between SF and SJ where I can rent space for a SB party. Anyone know where this is possible?
Old 01-22-2013, 01:39 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by JooseyJeff
So I'm trying to find a cool bar between SF and SJ where I can rent space for a SB party. Anyone know where this is possible?
I would think that most bars will already have their own Super Bowl party/promotion going on. One avenue you might wanna look into are hotels w/ a bar/lounge area. I'm sure they'd love the busine$$.

GO NINERS!!!
Old 01-22-2013, 03:24 PM

Car Info: 06 TRD Tacoma
Originally Posted by boardoholic
I would think that most bars will already have their own Super Bowl party/promotion going on. One avenue you might wanna look into are hotels w/ a bar/lounge area. I'm sure they'd love the busine$$.

GO NINERS!!!
Thanks I'll look into that. Yeah originally I was thinking about going to NO for the game but after finding out it's going to be $4k+ PLUS the ticket cost I was like mehhhhh
Old 01-22-2013, 10:45 PM

Car Info: AW STI 05
Still in belief.. WE are going to the super Bowl!! QUEST FOR SIX!!!
Old 01-23-2013, 11:27 AM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
posted this on FB a few days ago.. still makes me laugh
Attached Thumbnails Official: 49ers 2012-2013 Season Thread!-148297_10200136332362661_499262942_n.jpg  
Old 01-23-2013, 01:23 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
Frank Gore of San Francisco 49ers reportedly fined - NFL.com

San Francisco 49ers running back Frank Gore is headed to his first Super Bowl after eight seasons as one of the most underrated players in the entire NFL.

Gore will make a little extra money from reaching the big game, and he'll celebrate that by spending a little extra money on his uniform. ESPN reported Wednesday that Gore was fined $10,500 by the NFL for wearing his socks too low during the 49ers' victory over the Atlanta Falcons in the NFC Championship Game on Sunday.

I've reached out to the league for confirmation, but have not heard back yet. Meanwhile, I've made the executive decision to not walk by Commissioner Roger Goodell's office today because I wore black ankle socks to work.
Old 01-23-2013, 01:28 PM

Socks too low?....
Old 01-23-2013, 03:18 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '00 BRP RS Sedan / '04 PSM FXT (RIP)
Originally Posted by WIN IN
Still in belief.. WE are going to the super Bowl!! QUEST FOR SIX!!!
Still in disbelief? If so, me too!!!

-Brian
Old 01-23-2013, 03:19 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '00 BRP RS Sedan / '04 PSM FXT (RIP)
Thumbs down

Socks too low?....
Apparently so:

Talk about a ridiculous fine...

-Brian

Quick Reply: Official: 49ers 2012-2013 Season Thread!