Official: 49ers 2012-2013 Season Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 10:44 PM
Churro Aficionado

Car Info: IG - @TEAMMOISTOFFICIAL
hahaha
Old 12-07-2012, 04:18 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Alright so it looks like GFs coworker is giving her 2 tix to the dolphins game. This is gonna be my first live NFL game and we're taking one of those 49ers experience charter buses to the game and back.

What kind of food/beverages are we allowed to take in with us and is there a way to sneak alcohol in? Not a fan of paying 10$ for a beer..
Old 12-07-2012, 10:56 PM

Car Info: 05 STi
Subscribing to this..huge suby head and niners fan.

wrxbrah - you can sneak a bottle in your pants. When you go up to the gate, they ask people with backpacks to stop and open them up (they receive a more thorough search). If you don't have a backpack or bag though, you can walk right up to a ticket taker, whose job is to scan your ticket - not search you. Just fasten your belt tight and make sure the bottle isn't gonna slip out (maybe go for a flask or more rectangular bottle..Jack dan..hennessey flask..you get the idea).

I haven't read any previous posts before mine really, so sorry if Im bringing up a conversation that already happened, but i really didn't like Harbaugh and our Offensive coordinator's calls against the rams. We ran it to gore wayyyy to often, and that pitch fumble lost us the game.

Go Niners!
Old 12-08-2012, 10:58 AM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Originally Posted by BOOSTEDxSTi
Subscribing to this..huge suby head and niners fan.

wrxbrah - you can sneak a bottle in your pants. When you go up to the gate, they ask people with backpacks to stop and open them up (they receive a more thorough search). If you don't have a backpack or bag though, you can walk right up to a ticket taker, whose job is to scan your ticket - not search you. Just fasten your belt tight and make sure the bottle isn't gonna slip out (maybe go for a flask or more rectangular bottle..Jack dan..hennessey flask..you get the idea).

I haven't read any previous posts before mine really, so sorry if Im bringing up a conversation that already happened, but i really didn't like Harbaugh and our Offensive coordinator's calls against the rams. We ran it to gore wayyyy to often, and that pitch fumble lost us the game.

Go Niners!
Im gonna try to put vodka in a water bottle with a sealed unbroken cap. if it works, ill report my findings haha.

and i agree coaching was our downfall last game.
Old 12-08-2012, 11:29 AM

Car Info: 2011 Infiniti G37
If you have any long socks, you can put the bottle into the sock and walk through without them searching you. just be careful it doesn't fall out haha. this has worked like a charm for me many times.

note: this will not work with skinny jeans lol
Old 12-08-2012, 01:00 PM

water bottle/vodka trick will work perfect.
Old 12-09-2012, 01:36 AM

Car Info: Nadda
Manningham listed as doubtful with a shoulder. Which means more likelihood of seeing AJ Jenkins!
Old 12-09-2012, 02:30 AM

vernon davis needs to be seeing more completions.
Old 12-09-2012, 11:41 AM

Car Info: AW STI 05
We need LMJ to get touches for change of pase from frank gore
Old 12-09-2012, 05:22 PM

Good win today. Offense/special teams concerns me, defense is solid.

Although on second thought, #25 (brown) has been getting beat by his man on almost every pass play opposing teams run against us. A lot of the time when he gets beat, he gets called for illegal contact or PI and costs us yardage and a first down. Not very pleased with his play, otherwise defense is solid.

Huge game next week, sunday night football in new england. Its gonna be a freezing cold showdown of offense vs. defense. I wanna see a randy moss touchdown, and some vernon davis completions.

Also, I felt like we should've beat the dolphins more handily than we did, Tannehill had me nervous for a second.

Side thought: anybody else get angry at Harbaugh today for challenging that completion call? It was a 8 yard first down completion and our last timeout. Not even close to worth it in a game we are already winning, especially with how insignificant and non pivotal the play was. TERRIBLE decision. TERRIBLE.

All that being said, I really hope we work on what needs work and adjust. Oh, and I hope akres gets his s*** together already. We need him.

GO niners!

Last edited by BOOSTEDxSTi; 12-09-2012 at 05:25 PM.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:51 PM

^Yep, upset with the challenge call, can't waste the timeout especially if a big turnover/firstdown/not down by contact, etc. call.

Defense did ok for me, held them to 13. If the 49ers can't get over 13 pts they're in trouble. Although I do expect high 20s - mid 30s every game.

LMJ looked good, with Jacobs crying like a baby, I think LMJ will be solid. He looks speedy like Sproles, so I'm excited.

Davis... where was he? I mean the blocking is great, since Gore/LMJ/Kaep were able to get good yards on the turf, so he's part of that group. The play calling needs to incorporate Moss and Davis on one end, and Crabtree on the other with LMJ movin' around. They are threats and there has to be some 1v1 coverage where Moss can win.

IMO the flea flicker bomb Kaep threw should have been a PI and on the 1 yard line. Dude basically grabbed Moss's arm the last 10 yards down the field... like wow no call refs? Blow me. But other than that, I liked the ball thrown. Perfect spot, and TD if dude wasn't all over Moss's arm.

Gore kicked ***, but with the emergence of LMJ, I guarantee Gore won't be carrying all those carries. When we needed Gore, he definitely showed up and showed why he's a great back.

Btw, when Dixon got the call I was kind of confused, I felt like Gore deserved the end zone. He did so much on that drive.
Old 12-09-2012, 10:12 PM

Yeah LMJ was definitely awesome.

Exactly what im saying, Davis' name wasn't said once. Nor has it been in the last 3 games. I remember against the saints or something he had one big completion, that was it, he also had a huge drop in that game. Our offense needs to be utilized more effectively.

The flea flicker was a SICK call!! Harbaugh is extremely conservative when it comes to play calling so i was stoked to see us run that. I thought that was gonna be one for randy! PI obviously, Niners never ever get the calls though. Ever.

Kaepernick looked real good too. Every game he is learning a lot. Stupid play/play call though when he ran for like 1 yard and got absolutely cracked on a helmet to helmet. I don't understand that type of call, I guess he took the option to take it himself but he misjudged cause he got licked.

Gore is the most underrated back in the league, he's got moves like reggie bush and power like michael turner. I didn't mind the call to dixon so much. Gore took us the distance, yeah, but i agree with putting a fresh set of legs in there with more power for the 1 yard TD run. Frank isn't a numbers guy, he does whats best for the team, thats why we love him so much.

Seahawks will probably win against Buffalo next weekend, so it would help us a lot to come out of New England with a win. I realize this is a tough task, but opening day our niners went into Lambeau field and beat the Packers, in the cold.

After the Pats we got the Seahawks in Seattle, where they are undefeated this season....good thing the red n gold RISE to the occasion in big games!
Old 12-09-2012, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by BOOSTEDxSTi
Kaepernick looked real good too. Every game he is learning a lot. Stupid play/play call though when he ran for like 1 yard and got absolutely cracked on a helmet to helmet. I don't understand that type of call, I guess he took the option to take it himself but he misjudged cause he got licked.
Yea that didn't look good, but was it the very next play it was a very similar option and ended up being a TD? I think it's the blocking schemes that are partially the purpose of the calls for option. It isn't the same option although it looks very similar, I guarantee they change blocking schemes based on their success with it. But the second time around the DE bit on the RB and Kaep with a good block from Crabtree took it to the house.

I know Harbaugh is conservative with play calls, but I think the 49ers need to go deep at least once every 2-3 drives. They got the arm, he's got accuracy, and we have mismatches with Crabtree mid range, Davis/Walker, Moss, and I hope we get to see an AJ Jenkins catch one. I know he was on the field today, so I'm excited to see some deep routes.
Old 12-10-2012, 12:22 AM

Car Info: 2001 Impreza 2.2L
One thing that Kap has to stop doing is running down the play clock for no reason. I don't know if he's confused or what, but it has been costing us a few time outs per game.
Old 12-10-2012, 01:33 AM

Originally Posted by dSpec
One thing that Kap has to stop doing is running down the play clock for no reason. I don't know if he's confused or what, but it has been costing us a few time outs per game.
Yea he's killin timeouts, but I bet it's part of the learning curve. All last year Alex had to call timeouts until near the end of the season. Once Kaepernick has gone through it, even though it's only his 4-5th game, he'll get faster. Bottom line is that he can't do whatever he's doing until he reads the defense. So either his reads or slow and he needs more practice, or he's confused as to what play to call to counter the defense. But yea I'd like that to definitely go much faster.

As for all the option stuff, I WOULD like to see less of it just because I dont want to see Kaepernick go down. I guess its inevitable as all QBs get hurt, but I think the running QBs get hurt a lot more. You can kind of compare Kaepernick to Newton, as their frames are bigger than Vicks, so they can take a little more punishment. The less of that the better. I don't mind calling it during 3rd and short, or bootleg 3rd and short, because I think that's where his dynamic ability can take place, but then again I could be wrong. He breaks fat runs when the defense gets fooled.

Quick Reply: Official: 49ers 2012-2013 Season Thread!