Official: 49ers 2012-2013 Season Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 09:03 PM

Car Info: 2012 WRB WRX
He reminds me of a more accurate Big Ben. He might be money!
Old 11-21-2012, 09:05 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Eh, his windup seems a bit long, and he's wayyy more agile than Ben.
Old 11-22-2012, 12:01 AM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
Colin Kaepernick reminds me of one of my all time favorite QB's Randall Cunningham.

Draft Info
Cunningham
6'4"
215 lbs
Drafted from UNLV - Round 2 Pick 37

Kaepernick
6"4 1/2"
233 lbs
Drafted from University of Nevada - Round 2 Pick 36
Old 11-25-2012, 05:29 PM

Good game and good to see Kaepernick struggle a bit. Our defense came through and I think with either QB in there, they would need to come through against Brees. In any case, I like the big throws with precision.

The big question is when Kaep has a bad game and how he'll recover mid game. And also when the Niners are behind and need to get points fast.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:01 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Alex Smith vs. Aaron Rodgers: Why Changing QBs Would Not Have Changed Results | Bleacher Report
Old 11-27-2012, 04:12 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
N53 locked till 2018. Now if we find a way to resign Goldson, defense stays intact for years!

The more I look at our cap situation and Kap playing like a beast, its become evident that Alex will get his walking papers in the offseason.
Old 11-27-2012, 04:35 PM

Car Info: 04 STi
Great article. I feel bad for Smith because he gets so much flak. Last season and part of this season he was looking real sharp and confident.

That said, kaepernick has been killing it, with a stronger arm and running game to boot.
Old 11-29-2012, 02:57 PM

Good/Bad News

Bad news first: Kendall Hunter + Kyle Williams are on IR and done for the season.

Good news: 49ers are deep at both positions, now their 1st and 2nd round draft picks will suit up. AJ Jenkins and Lamichael James will hopefully be seen on Sunday vs the Rams.

Kaepernick announced as starter. Some folks say that Alex shouldn't have lost his job cuz of injury... I say lots of players have. Look at Montana when he went out, Young did one helluve a job that the coach kept with him. Same thing with Alex and Kaepernick as starter and backup. When someone gets hurt, another takes over that looks good? Keep them in there. As far as Alex goes, he's taking this with class and he knows, as all QBs know, injuries happen and he'll have a shot at starting again. May or may not be with the 49ers, but a team will definitely use him. That being said, it's good to have great backup.

In any case, either QB would do decently in the system with a good o-line, and defense and special teams. But we haven't seen Kaepernicks ceiling yet, so I'm excited. The big question will be when the 49ers are behind and need to catch up, or match point for point and his arm will need to be used a lot more along with his read of the defense.
Old 11-29-2012, 03:04 PM

Car Info: 04 STi
Originally Posted by iLoqin
Kaepernick announced as starter. Some folks say that Alex shouldn't have lost his job cuz of injury... I say lots of players have. Look at Montana when he went out, Young did one helluve a job that the coach kept with him. Same thing with Alex and Kaepernick as starter and backup. When someone gets hurt, another takes over that looks good? Keep them in there. As far as Alex goes, he's taking this with class and he knows, as all QBs know, injuries happen and he'll have a shot at starting again. May or may not be with the 49ers, but a team will definitely use him. That being said, it's good to have great backup.
Good point. In the end, coach will do whatever it takes to win, feelings be damned!
Old 11-29-2012, 08:36 PM

Alex Smith on San Francisco 49ers benching: 'It sucks' - NFL.com
Old 11-29-2012, 08:57 PM

Car Info: 2011 Infiniti G37
Good/Bad News

Bad news first: Kendall Hunter + Kyle Williams are on IR and done for the season.

Good news: 49ers are deep at both positions, now their 1st and 2nd round draft picks will suit up. AJ Jenkins and Lamichael James will hopefully be seen on Sunday vs the Rams.

In any case, either QB would do decently in the system with a good o-line, and defense and special teams. But we haven't seen Kaepernicks ceiling yet, so I'm excited. The big question will be when the 49ers are behind and need to catch up, or match point for point and his arm will need to be used a lot more along with his read of the defense.
also don't forget about how Brady got his opportunity when Bledsoe went down... albeit, Bledsoe went down very early in the season, whereas Smith was 6-2 before he went down. Brady didn't have an amazing year, but played well enough to win, so Belichick chose to stick with him even when Bledsoe was able to return. i'd say his decision ended up paying off...
Old 11-29-2012, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by McLovinMyWRX
also don't forget about how Brady got his opportunity when Bledsoe went down... albeit, Bledsoe went down very early in the season, whereas Smith was 6-2 before he went down. Brady didn't have an amazing year, but played well enough to win, so Belichick chose to stick with him even when Bledsoe was able to return. i'd say his decision ended up paying off...
Yea, the 3 rings on his finger he can flash as of right now sure sums it up for me.

Having someone with 5 with the thumb finger, Brady can still do that in his time. Don't think anyone else has much of a shot for that.

Superbowls are elusive, even when Steve Young was there he got to the house one time. Eli's had it twice, Peyton once, Brees once, etc. Rodgers once.

Hard to get there and get it done.
Old 11-30-2012, 01:21 AM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Ive been reading that AJ wont be called up and will have to wait till next year. Whats up with that? Figured he would be great replacement for Kyle with that 40 speed.
Old 11-30-2012, 01:51 AM
aka FlukeWRX

Yea, the 3 rings on his finger he can flash as of right now sure sums it up for me.

Having someone with 5 with the thumb finger, Brady can still do that in his time. Don't think anyone else has much of a shot for that.

Superbowls are elusive, even when Steve Young was there he got to the house one time. Eli's had it twice, Peyton once, Brees once, etc. Rodgers once.

Hard to get there and get it done.
You forgot Ben Roethlisberger. He's won 2 and the Steelers have been at 3 in the last 7 years. Being that he is only 30 years old he still has plenty of time left to get to a few more (Granted most likely not this year, but anything can happen if the team can find a way to get in to the playoffs, just look at what the Giants accomplished in 2008 going in to Super Bowl XLII).
Old 12-01-2012, 01:00 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Will Jim Harbaugh regret benching Alex Smith? - NFL Videos

Quick Reply: Official: 49ers 2012-2013 Season Thread!