Official: 49ers 2012-2013 Season Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2012, 11:05 AM

Car Info: Nadda
There are a lot of names in the secondary.

Rogers
Goldson
Whitner

Then the rest are all jossling for position
*** (Former starter second year, so I'm really hoping this guy turns out straight)
Brown
Brock
Spillman
and a billion others jockeying for other corner spot, nickel, dime, and back ups.

DBs always go down, their positions are near half the defensive team at times. A good team is always looking for 3-4 solid corners. That I think will have the most impact defensively. In any case, 49ers are going to be making cuts and getting rid of good players. Their depth is deep.
Old 08-11-2012, 11:54 AM

Car Info: 00 BRP 2.5RS Sold = 04 SRR WRX Wagon, 06 AW STI :(
I know its only the pre-season but when our 1st line defense was out there they didnt look spectacular. Plus I think Aldon Smith landed on his knife wound. :P I think our defense will only be stronger this year, hopefully our offense steps it up. 30th in the league for red zone offense last year?!

btw, its our 1 month old daughter's first jersey/game.
Old 08-11-2012, 12:01 PM

Originally Posted by IHeartE30s
I know its only the pre-season but when our 1st line defense was out there they didnt look spectacular. Plus I think Aldon Smith landed on his knife wound. :P I think our defense will only be stronger this year, hopefully our offense steps it up. 30th in the league for red zone offense last year?!

btw, its our 1 month old daughter's first jersey/game.
Nice jersey, and yea our first team didn't look all that great.. but held them to FGs, as for the schematics, I guarantee our defensive coordinator is going to have them play very basic. It's preseason, they aren't going to give out the crazy schemes post snap for others to take a look at.
Old 08-11-2012, 12:16 PM

Car Info: 2011 Infiniti G37
Originally Posted by iLoqin
Alex looked good
Kaepernick can run, not much of a passer
Tolzien looks good
Tolzien has pocket presence, where as Josh Johnson has an arm, Kaepernick the more Tebowlike run show.
If you think Kaepernick is going to be like Tebow and isn't going to be much of a passer, you are sadly mistaken. Kaepernick probably has the best arm out of all of them. He is still in his second year, not really seeing much of any time last year. He definitely has some mechanical things to work out, as well as working on his progressions and decision making in the pocket, but his athleticism, as well as his big arm are the reason Harbaugh drafted him.

EDIT: btw, did you see that first pass attempt he made? that sh*t was an absolute rocket. He was a little late on his read, but the arm is definitely there.

Last edited by McLovinMyWRX; 08-11-2012 at 12:23 PM.
Old 08-11-2012, 02:20 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
Kaper is the future. Hopefully we'll see more passes to the rest of our recievers next game. I dont need to see Kyle Williams catch the ball 10 times to know hes probably going to crack under pressure and take more daggers to his knee when the games on the line.
Old 08-11-2012, 04:38 PM

Car Info: 00 BRP 2.5RS Sold = 04 SRR WRX Wagon, 06 AW STI :(
Originally Posted by wrxBRAH
...crack under pressure and take more daggers to his knee when the games on the line.
For this reason, Im surprised he's still on the team...
Old 08-30-2012, 10:22 PM

Lamichael James didn't look too good fielding punts, worse than Williams in that regard... I'm just going to pray Ginn Jr stays healthy the rest of the season.

Kaepernick looked good, even though it was more of just backups kind of game. 49ers have a lot of depth, so a lot of guys are going to get cut tomorrow that looked good. Anywho, it's a great problem to have rather than worrying about the first team bids.
Old 08-30-2012, 10:46 PM

Car Info: 2011 Infiniti G37
I'd say Kaepernick was nothing short of amazing tonight...12/18 158 yrds and 2 tds, very solid. 2nd team or not, he made some very impressive and difficult passes tonight. I have definitely been impressed with his maturation since last year especially since he had very little game experience last season. Josh Johnson also may have locked up the 3rd string job with his performance tonight.

Also I was very impressed with AJ Jenkins. Thought he ran some good routes and looked like he was getting good separation from the secondary. Although not a huge game, he definitely made some nice plays out there.
Old 08-31-2012, 05:14 AM

Tukuafu, the D-lineman playing fullback made some crushing blocks this game. Even against the SD's second round LB. Can't stop watching that block.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:15 PM

49ers released these guys. Cartwright will find himself on a team, Josh Johnson was probably propt up for a bid on another team. Palmer will find himself on another team. Swain is gone. I knew RBs and WRs were already deep.

LB Ikaika Alama-Francis
LB Eric Bakhtiari
RB Rock Cartwright
T Derek Hall
LB Joe Holland
DT Tony Jerod-Eddie
LB Cam Johnson
QB Josh Johnson
DT Matthew Masifilo
CB Anthony Mosley
TE Kyle Nelson
T Al Netter
WR Chris Owusu
WR Nathan Palmer
T Mike Person
TE Konrad Reuland
LB Kenny Rowe
WR Brett Swain
S Michael Thomas
T Kenny Wiggins
LB Michael Wilhoite
Old 08-31-2012, 09:36 PM

Some dudes who made the team that I don't know too much about

DB Darcel mcBath, 3rd year Texas Tech
DT Ian Williams, 2nd year NOtre Dame
G Leonard Davis, 11 year Texas
TE Garret, Celek Rookie Michigan St.
G Daniel Kilgore, 2nd Year App. State

The rest pretty much impressed and on the team, such as Dobbs TE/DT for pass rush and multi-use. Robinson Rookie Safety from Michigan St. always seemed almost in the right spot in preseason, another year under his belt will do him wonders. I was already impressed with ***, hopefully he's cleaned up his life outside of football.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:24 PM

Car Info: 06 TRD Tacoma
Lamichael James didn't look too good fielding punts, worse than Williams in that regard... I'm just going to pray Ginn Jr stays healthy the rest of the season.
There is no way in hell that James will be returning any punts or kickoffs this season. Not after that last performance.
Old 09-01-2012, 01:22 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
49ers released these guys. Cartwright will find himself on a team, Josh Johnson was probably propt up for a bid on another team. Palmer will find himself on another team. Swain is gone. I knew RBs and WRs were already deep.

LB Ikaika Alama-Francis
LB Eric Bakhtiari
RB Rock Cartwright
T Derek Hall
LB Joe Holland
DT Tony Jerod-Eddie
LB Cam Johnson
QB Josh Johnson
DT Matthew Masifilo
CB Anthony Mosley
TE Kyle Nelson
T Al Netter
WR Chris Owusu
WR Nathan Palmer
T Mike Person
TE Konrad Reuland
LB Kenny Rowe
WR Brett Swain
S Michael Thomas
T Kenny Wiggins
LB Michael Wilhoite
Practice squads for all 32 NFL teams: Case Keenum joins Texans - NFL.com

Looks like Palmer is currently on our Practice Squad (along with a few of the others). Chris Owusu is on the Chargers Practice Squad now.
Old 09-09-2012, 10:08 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: psm.03.wrx.wgn
BONGGGGGGGGG! The sound of Akers record-tying 63 yarder.

Awesome play in all phases of the game!

Both teams got away w/ a couple non-calls. Refs also called stuff that shouldn't have been penalties. Instead of "Who's got it better than us?," I'm asking "When can we expect the real zebras back?"
Old 09-09-2012, 10:39 PM

I think the game was played out exactly how the 49ers wanted it to be.. however that punt return by Cobb was a fluke, one questionable block in the back, and one BLATANT block in the back. When someone is trying to tackle somebody, and they end up diving forward onto their face 15 yards away from the play like Dixon... yea he got blocked in the back.

In any case, 49ers emphasized getting weapons and it sure showed. We got a bit of Moss/Crabtree/Davis/Gore/Hunter.

I enjoyed Gore's 23yard run, much better and less fragile looking with those runs. Hunter looks great. I want to see more of Kaepernick with the pistol/option route. Makes the attack even more confusing for defenses. Aikman pointed out anytime there is a 1v1 with Moss you gotta give that a shot. I think he's right, 49ers have so many weapons now that any 1v1, whether Davis/Moss/Crabtree are creating mismatches that 49ers can win more often than not. I'm excited about the rest of the season.

The 49ers had good yards and played the game exactly how they wanted it until the 4th quarter, but again the defense held at the end. I felt like they barely grazed releasing the full potential of the offense.

Akers 63yard kick was friggin awesome, especially the bounce on the post, up and over.

Davis also gave me a laugh when he got rejected by the goal post when he tried to dunk it.

Quick Reply: Official: 49ers 2012-2013 Season Thread!