Official: 49ers 2012-2013 Season Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2012, 04:32 PM
previously known as wrxBRAH

Car Info: 2004 FXT
And Fleener to Colts ;(
Old 04-27-2012, 04:37 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by iLoqin
I'll take 4.31 and separation speed. Another weapon for the 49ers. His hands are ginormous, highlight reels is all hands on every catch. Heard he doesn't loose speed either through the break on routes, which again creates that separation.

49ers get that, makes their offense that much more dynamic. Teams usually dress only 5 WRs, that'd be Moss, Manningham, Crabtree, Jenkins, and Ted Ginn Jr. Williams and Crabtree better up their game if they want to play.

I think it's a great pick up for them on the long run. He has the potential to be a superstar if he can learn to catch in traffic and take a hit. Plus they needed someone young because Crabtree is just not panning out because of injuries.

I'd say Crabtree has some work to do but if they find someone else to return kicks they could use Ginn Jr. as trade bate.

Moss has no guarantees. He doesn't play hard he's gone. niners don't loose anything. He gets hurt. Isn't that good. Gone. If he goes nuts he could play another 2 years then retire. From what I hear he's got a lot of speed and looks better than he has in years so hopefully his attitude is good.

I'm curious to see what they do down lower in the draft.. Oline? RB? There are still some killer backs in the draft.
Old 04-27-2012, 04:40 PM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
Originally Posted by flukewrx
I see Fleener going to the Colts (unless someone like the Falcons trade up to get him at the top of the 2nd round).
Originally Posted by wrxBRAH
And Fleener to Colts ;(
Nailed It!
Old 04-27-2012, 06:10 PM

Second round we just took LeMichael James RB from Ducks!
Old 04-27-2012, 06:27 PM

Car Info: Nadda
I am friggin' down with LeMichael James! Although, I think Kendall hunter is still a "Sproles" type of back, super fast and quick more of a scat back.

Plus with Gore... we have Hunter, don't forget we picked up Jacobs, Dixon. I think with the recruit of James, in the 2nd round, that means someone is going to phase out, and unfortunately that sounds like Dixon. Although I like him on special teams, even if he doesn't make big tackles, he's definitely causing a good block or takes on a block well.

And it could well be Gore... I've enjoyed his north south running, but he's been kinda letting off the pedal so to speak since his big injury a couple seasons ago.
Old 04-27-2012, 09:05 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by wrxBRAH
Second round we just took LeMichael James RB from Ducks!
Weird pick. Wonder if they'll look to trade gore.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Weird pick. Wonder if they'll look to trade gore.
More like Dixon will be on the chopping block. Not too familiar with his contract though.
Old 04-27-2012, 10:12 PM

Car Info: Frankenstein 02' PBP STi :P (RIP) 2016 WRX
Don't forget we signed Rock Cartwright. Not that he's better than Gore, Hunter, Jacobs, or James... but it is another name!
Old 04-28-2012, 02:18 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by weaver
Don't forget we signed Rock Cartwright. Not that he's better than Gore, Hunter, Jacobs, or James... but it is another name!
Special teams.
Old 04-28-2012, 06:17 PM

Car Info: 2011 Infiniti G37
Originally Posted by iLoqin
I'll take 4.31 and separation speed. Another weapon for the 49ers. His hands are ginormous, highlight reels is all hands on every catch. Heard he doesn't loose speed either through the break on routes, which again creates that separation.

49ers get that, makes their offense that much more dynamic. Teams usually dress only 5 WRs, that'd be Moss, Manningham, Crabtree, Jenkins, and Ted Ginn Jr. Williams and Crabtree better up their game if they want to play.
very well put.

i also checked out the highlights of him on youtube... not the flashiest player, but what from i saw, he has tremendous hands. he's very good at catching the ball and securing it. another thing that really impressed me was his ability to catch the ball in traffic. he's not afraid to get lit up, and will still hold onto the ball. not to mention, he has 4.3 speed, which can potentially make him a legit deep threat. toss in the fact that he is a versatile receiver who can fill a variety of roles, and i'm starting to like this pick more and more. i, like many others, was shocked to see the niners take him in the first round... but if your number 1 guy on your draft list is available at the time you pick, why not grab him instead of risking the possibility of losing him if you opt to trade down. overall, i'm pretty excited to see what kind of player jenkins turns out to be.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:06 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Jerry Rice preps 49ers rookie A.J. Jenkins for run on 'The Hill' - NFL.com

On Monday, Rice addressed Jenkins on Twitter by saying, "I'm getting in top shape to get you up that Hill!"

Jenkins replied, "I know you will be ready... But so will I."
I'm stoked, maybe he believes that Jenkens can hang... and failtree can't. LoL

~16minutes up an incline for 2.5 miles is no joke!
Old 05-10-2012, 06:00 PM

Car Info: AW STI 05
niners signed 6 of 7 free agents today... the only one not signed is A.J Jenkins... DIVA MOTHER@#$%&*... LOL JK
Old 05-11-2012, 12:24 PM
aka FlukeWRX

49ers.com | Owusu Excited for 49ers Opportunity

The 49ers picked up Chris Owusu as an Undrafted Free Agent.

6'0", 196 lbs, he ran a 4.36 at the combine.

He most likely went undrafted due to concerns about concussions he has had in the past couple seasons.

Chris Owusu | Stanford, WR : 2012 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile

ProFootballWeekly.com - Draft Prospect - Chris Owusu
Old 05-25-2012, 12:13 PM
aka FlukeWRX

A.J. Jenkins eager to learn from Jerry Rice, Randy Moss - NFL.com

San Francisco 49ers first-round wide receiver A.J. Jenkins knows that he has the good fortune of being drafted into a situation in which he has a current and future Hall of Fame wide receiver at his disposal and is eager to learn from both of them, Matt Maiocco of Comcast SportsNet Bay Area writes.

Jenkins, the 30th overall pick in the 2012 NFL Draft, plans to work out with current Hall of Famer Jerry Rice, including running "The Hill", a 2.5-mile uphill course that Rice famously trained on daily throughout his career.

"We're going to get to the hill," Jenkins said. "I don't know when. I'm always out here doing things. But eventually I want to do it with him."

Jenkins is also looking to emulate his childhood hero Randy Moss, who is 46 receptions away from 1,000 in his career and ranks in the Top 5 in receiving yards and receiving touchdowns and signed a one-year, $2.5 million contract with the 49ers in March. Following Moss around means the rookie will be hitting the pool after practice.

"Anything he does, I'm looking," Jenkins said of Moss. "That's running routes, getting off press, catching the ball, eating the right things, treatment. He loves to swim after practice. He goes into the treatment room. He's always treating his body like a machine. That's one thing that I want to pick up as I start to become a veteran."

Really liking this guy so far. He definitely has the right attitude and seems hungry to learn from some of the best to play the position.
Old 05-25-2012, 12:19 PM
aka FlukeWRX

49ers.com | Morning Tailgate: May 25

Crabtree’s improved health, according to quarterback Alex Smith, has been a big positive for the passing game’s development this offseason.

It’s a great development considering a recent post from Eric Branch of The San Francisco Chronicle, who explained that Crabtree was one of the game’s best wideouts over the final 11 games of the 2011 regular season. Branch: “In the season’s final 11 games, Crabtree had 61 catches for 742 yards and four touchdowns, which would translate to 89 catches for 1,079 yards and six touchdowns over a 16-game season.

“During that stretch, Crabtree had more receptions than Arizona’s Larry Fitzgerald, Kansas City’s Dwayne Bowe and then-Dolphins wideout Brandon Marshall had in their final 11 games. He also had more yards than Pittsburgh’s Mike Wallace and as many touchdowns as New England’s Wes Welker.”

Quick Reply: Official: 49ers 2012-2013 Season Thread!