officer jones in pleasaton is a **********

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2009, 07:17 PM

Car Info: 2006 sti
Originally Posted by Spoolin415
Most cops are.
sad but true.its either super old school or 2 weeks out of the academy.im stuck right in the middle.filling the gap after the vets retire and keeping the 21 yr olds from killing someone.
i remember a thread about jones a year back.i guess this guy is a real ****.
i should also note he pulled me over 2 months ago because i have a snorkel on my truck.

Last edited by nation; 12-19-2009 at 07:22 PM.
Old 12-19-2009, 07:25 PM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
Originally Posted by glenspen
If this guy ´Nation´ is LEO i´ll eat my hat...he sounds like a 17 year old punk
yeah glen he is, not quite sure why your coming after him, cops can think other cops are *** holes. We all know people that do the same jobs that we do that we think are *** holes, and cops have the same ratio of decent people and *******s as every other cross section of the population. Dont see why because hes a cop he has to pay full on a fixit ticket when none of us would
Old 12-19-2009, 07:28 PM

Car Info: 04 psm wrx sedan
i dont see why it always has to be younger people that are punks...most of the ethugs and dbags on this site and other sites are the older members...
Old 12-19-2009, 07:46 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2008 EVO X/1991 Nissan Skyline GT-R32
If your car is not stock, and you obviously broke three laws, stop complaining. Your a Law Officer and set the standards. You basically are telling me its ok to tint my windows, have illegal exhaust also. Then when I get a ticket, find a way around the fines because of my job.
It does suck to get caught, but of all th epeople on this site, you should be one to know the specifics. If you really want some fun, go tell your Sergeant about how you got a ticket for illegal activites and the other officer was a ****.
Old 12-19-2009, 08:00 PM

Car Info: '11 STI
i dont think he is arguing or setup this thread in an attempt to show that moddin a car is legal. it seems this thread and his rant is over the attitude of the police officer
Old 12-19-2009, 08:08 PM

Car Info: .
Originally Posted by indolegend89
i dont think he is arguing or setup this thread in an attempt to show that moddin a car is legal. it seems this thread and his rant is over the attitude of the police officer
Yeah, I think we're collectively missing the point here.
Old 12-19-2009, 08:11 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX
The reason (i think) you're getting so much flack, is because you're entire posting is about defending your girlfriend, and illegally modified car. If you want to drive the point home that this officer was "out of line" then you should include the dialogue that took place. What did your girlfriend do to provoke the officer?

Personally I find it absurd that your girlfriend tried name-drop you, or work her way out of this. What's the deal -- get-out-of-jail-free for having a cop boyfriend?
Old 12-19-2009, 08:16 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Everyone breaks the law, it's just the officers who get to pick when they pull someone over. 'Tis true every profession has jerks that take advantage of their power, but what can ya do... ****** will be ******... a ***** with a badge is somethin' more to worry about.

I always point out people that can destroy someone else's life by making up a story need to be double and triple checked.

I hope he dies on Christmas as his gift to the rest of the world. =) Along with Rossette.
Old 12-19-2009, 08:18 PM

Car Info: Hilux Double Cab with a Dishka on top
Originally Posted by akdmx
Personally I find it absurd that your girlfriend tried name-drop you, or work her way out of this. What's the deal -- get-out-of-jail-free for having a cop boyfriend?
Most cops register their cars through the department, so when the Pleasanton cop ran the plates he would've seen that a cop owns the car. Usually cops give other cops a break when it comes to chicken **** fix it tickets. Professional courtesy I guess you could call it? Not so in this case...
Old 12-19-2009, 08:25 PM

Car Info: 97' Dodge Cummins and an RSTI thingie
Wow, there's a lot of hostility.... I for one and pleased that a LEO feels enough about our community to be a part of it. Yeah, everyone is subject to the law, but being a LEO also means that you're a regular person too, with regular problems.

I think its perfectly fine for an officer to gripe about another officer because they are being dicks. You ever had a guy at work who has equal power and treats you / other people like crap and complain about it? Same thing people.

He wasn't complaining that he had to pay the fees or get the tickets signed off -- he has to do what we do. He was complaining that some people go out of their ways to **** other people without a thought of how it may affect them, or if it is just. The other thing is typically between public servants, there's a thing called professional courtesy, this in recognition of the things they have to endure for the public, and it is more shameful for a public servant to be shunned by another and rings true when there are minor infractions, and is let go.

You know its awesome most people in the world think, cops are the biggest ****ing *******s in the world until you need them, then they are heros. How would you feel, being so hated?

Last edited by code3suby; 12-19-2009 at 08:31 PM.
Old 12-19-2009, 08:26 PM

Car Info: Nadda
Originally Posted by Lurk
Most cops register their cars through the department, so when the Pleasanton cop ran the plates he would've seen that a cop owns the car. Usually cops give other cops a break when it comes to chicken **** fix it tickets. Professional courtesy I guess you could call it? Not so in this case...

Professional courtesy was also granting people an extra minute in the Senate to wrap up their speeches, but not in this case.

Lovely country we're turning into, politicians bullying other politicians now.

Oh and Lieberman was pwning the Health Bill during his speech. That is all.
Old 12-19-2009, 09:16 PM

http://www.mercurynews.com/bay-area-news/ci_14030412

San Jose police, under fire for interactions with the public that have turned violent, on Friday launched a pilot project equipping officers with head-mounted cameras to record contacts with civilians.
Officers will activate the cameras, about the size of a Bluetooth device and attached by a headband above the ear, every time they respond or make contact with a person. At the end of the officer's shift, the recording will be downloaded to a central server.

Chief Rob Davis said the devices, to be tested by 18 patrol officers, are a technological advance comparable to the advent of police cars, two-way radios and the 911 emergency system.
San Jose is the first major U.S. city to try out the devices, known as AXON.

Although officers are already bearing vests, weapons and radios, most of them welcome adding a camera to record their actions, Davis said. In addition, he said, "We're making it so it has cachet."

A leading critic of the department welcomed the cameras as a tool to provide useful evidence, but dismissed their significance as a solution to rocky police-community relations.
"The AXON project is unfortunately a positive thing right now because the level of distrust is so high," said Raj Jayadev, director of the community organization Silicon Valley De-Bug. "But it doesn't address the more fundamental problem: What stereotypes police may carry when they see people of color on the street and make assumptions about character."

The cost of the trial is being shouldered by maker Taser International of Scottsdale, Ariz. But if the trial leads to full-fledged use, equipping the entire 1,400-officer department will be expensive. At $1,700 per kit and a $99 per officer monthly fee, the system could cost $2,888 per officer in the first year, or $4 million.
Davis said he expected the price would decrease, and he hoped that the department would be able to find grants to defray the cost.

The kit includes a camera, a control piece and a computer that can hang from the belt. In the pilot project, officers have been directed to switch on the camera as they are about to contact a civilian. The cameras, equipped with an audio recorder, align with the officer's vision, and can be later switched to standby mode.
Afterward, the officer can switch the camera to a "buffer" mode, where it still records limited segments of video, and a nonrecord mode. The officer may review the tape at any time, but it may not be erased. At the end of the shift, the device's memory is downloaded onto a central server.
Davis said commanders will randomly review the tapes, to evaluate the system and to gather information that could help assess police policies and procedures.
Officers, he said, welcomed the devices.

"I used it this morning in making an arrest," said officer William Doane, one of the AXON test pilots. "It verified what I saw." In the two days of testing, he generally remembered to turn on the AXON before incidents, but sometimes forgot to turn it off afterward, he said. Overall, he said, "It's a good system."
The devices could provide evidence of crimes, timely information about suspects, help with police training and be a resource in investigations of complaints against police and deterrence of public misbehavior, Davis said. Critics, however, are interested in how the cameras might prevent police from overstepping bounds.
Over several months, groups representing Latinos, Asians and African-Americans have criticized San Jose police for too easily resorting to force. Per capita, San Jose police make more arrests for resisting arrest than does any other major California city, according to a Mercury News investigation.
Criticism spiked after police fatally shot a mentally ill man, Daniel Pham, in May and after a cell phone video showed officers apparently beating Phuong Ho, a San Jose State University student from Vietnam.

A detailed review by the Mercury News showed that San Jose police have repeatedly used force in incidents that began as seemingly benign situations. In response, Davis has formed a panel to review the department's use of force.

In 2008, police received 117 use-of-force complaints, but said none of the complaints was justified.
Jayadev said he was concerned about who would have access to AXON tapes. Given the department's reluctance to release evidence, such as 911 tapes, he said he fears the camera tapes might prove to be a tool for police but be denied to residents facing criminal charges or criticizing police conduct.
Davis said that the department will balance privacy concerns in making the camera footage available to the public.
Jayadev also pointed out that the trial of AXON mirrors the introduction of Tasers in 2004, soon after police killed a knife-wielding woman in her kitchen.
When Davis became one of the first big city chiefs to arm all his officers with Tasers, the idea was to save lives and reduce violent contacts.
"Of course, they didn't," Jayadev said. "We can't solve our problems with a new piece of gadgetry."

Last edited by TurnWRX; 12-19-2009 at 09:18 PM.
Old 12-19-2009, 09:35 PM

Car Info: 04 STi
Originally Posted by Krinkov
yeah glen he is, not quite sure why your coming after him, cops can think other cops are *** holes.
Exactly. Some cops are straight up the WORST DOUCHEBAG ****** ever. I'm sure thats what Nation is ranting about. I guess some people think all LEO are boy scouts and have been lucky to not ever been harassed/intimidated by one. Being pulled over for no reason like the gestapo for your papers... It SUCKS. Bad. No matter how polite you are you fear that they are going to arrest you.... just because they can. I would be pissed too if a pig intimidated my wife for a such a small infraction of the law.

That being said, don't take this the right way. I have had many encounters with good, stand up LEO's that do the right thing and will save your ***. I tip my hat to those officers but give a big middle finger to the rest!!

Last edited by subie OCD; 12-19-2009 at 09:47 PM.
Old 12-19-2009, 09:42 PM

Car Info: 02 SILVER WRX
hate

this is great!! cops dont even like cops!
i luv u guys by the way.
Old 12-19-2009, 10:04 PM

Car Info: 07 2.5i, 02 wrx, 06 sti
I find it very interesting that there's people in here complaining about him signing off his own tickets (yes I know he's going to pay the court fee). As a citizen I feel that cops (dick or all business) have to put up with a TON of **** each day. I think part of the job is the unspoken benefits- many more than just being able to sign off your own tickets. Personally, I think they deserve the perks, even if they're 17 or 50 years old. Overall cops do much more good than bad, and as long as they're a benefit to society I have no problem.

On topic: OP, sucks that he was a dick. I've heard of Jones as well-all bad. I think he's just on a power trip and there isn't much anyone can do about it. I always keep one of those lecture recorders in the "oh **** handle" of my driver's side and turn it on when I get stopped. Just in case.

Quick Reply: officer jones in pleasaton is a **********