Offical Bay Area Golfer's Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2009, 01:26 AM

Car Info: nothing right now
Originally Posted by subi4justin
that is very true! we are pretty spoiled out here in my area. My dad is also the superitendant at Delta View golf course in Pittsburg, so i play there a lot too. Thats where i learned how to play wind golf lol
Lucky bastard! Played Delta View twice, I liked it.

So you can control "traj"?
Old 07-16-2009, 01:31 AM

Car Info: 2015 SWP WRX
Originally Posted by juicy
Lucky bastard! Played Delta View twice, I liked it.

So you can control "traj"?
Lol, yea i can control the ball. Not as much as i used to in high school, but i can still do every shot someone tells me to do. Delta View is still one of my favorite golf courses. Its one of those courses that makes you think before you hit the ball. Its really short, but that course can kick your *** if you arent hitting the ball good.

I have a really strong grip so i tend to play a nice draw, but lately its been really difficult to play for a fade. Oh well, its just something i need to work with on the driving range.

how long you been playing? what kind of clubs? and have you taken any lessons?
Old 07-16-2009, 01:33 AM

[QUOTE=juicy;2665910]Lucky bastard! Played Delta View twice, I liked it.
ooops, that a double post.. my bad

Last edited by subi4justin; 07-16-2009 at 01:36 AM.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:42 AM

Lol, yea i can control the ball. Not as much as i used to in high school, but i can still do every shot someone tells me to do. Delta View is still one of my favorite golf courses. Its one of those courses that makes you think before you hit the ball. Its really short, but that course can kick your *** if you arent hitting the ball good.

I have a really strong grip so i tend to play a nice draw, but lately its been really difficult to play for a fade. Oh well, its just something i need to work with on the driving range.

how long you been playing? what kind of clubs? and have you taken any lessons?
Started about 5 years ago and just watch Golf Channel and read Golf Digests, haha.

WITB:
TB TP 10.5 Fubuki
r7 TP 15 Rombax
Idea Pro 3h VS Proto
TB 4-PW PX
Rac TP 52/56/60 PX
Itsy 32.5"
Old 07-16-2009, 02:05 AM

^ nice setup, and thats not too bad for playing for 5 years. I am 24 and i have been playing golf since i was 6 lol. I have put a ton of time in on the course and driving range, but there is always room for improvement with this sport haha.
WITB
8.5 titleist 905r driver, extra stiff shaft
15 degree titleist pt 3 wood
titleist 990 2 iron
hogan edge blades 3-E
titleist vokey wedges 54, 58
Ping Isopur putter

and PRO v1 X golf ***** FTMFW!!!!
Old 07-16-2009, 06:27 AM

Car Info: vtak mota
^ nice setup, and thats not too bad for playing for 5 years. I am 24 and i have been playing golf since i was 6 lol. I have put a ton of time in on the course and driving range, but there is always room for improvement with this sport haha.
WITB
8.5 titleist 905r driver, extra stiff shaft
15 degree titleist pt 3 wood
titleist 990 2 iron
hogan edge blades 3-E
titleist vokey wedges 54, 58
Ping Isopur putter

and PRO v1 X golf ***** FTMFW!!!!
wow nice setup almost identical to what i had in college... before i got jacked...

dont laugh ... they vintage now with alll this new trechnology

sonartec hybrid 2 iron
7.5 titleist 975k with graphite design ys-9 xstiff
also a 15*PT but would switch out every once in a while for a sonartec 14* both x100 shafts

nike forged blades with x100 shafts

Nike raw wedges 52* 56* and 60*

scotty cameron old school terrylium

:/ my clubs got stolen at the RANCH in san jose right out of my car in front of where the parking attendat/ cart attendant sits

since then Ive been using my hand me downs
Old 07-16-2009, 11:18 AM
mot
Likes The Color Purple

Car Info: plug-in prius
I shot an 83 at the ranch in San jose this past Monday. First time on this course and I must say it was brutal. Playing monarch bay this Friday morning.

Do you guys have any suggestions for a good instructor. I need help with a few things.

Witb
905r 9.5 ust stiff
909f2 matrix stiff
3-p 704cb r300. I'm going to sell these if anyone is interested
vokey sm 54 & 58
sc Newport 2 34"

also selling a driver listed above. Anyone want to range later tonight at sjmuni? I need help. Haha
Old 07-16-2009, 11:54 AM
I don't need more cowbell dammit!

Car Info: E82
Monarch bay is a piece of crap course, not to mention a 5+ hour round.

I have a good instructor, she took 10 stokes off my game in a year, however she is in Pleasant Hill.
Old 07-16-2009, 11:59 AM

Car Info: '11 STI
I used to take lessons back in high school but havent really touched clubs in a while. What set would you recommend for beginners? are there brands to stay away from or places to stay away from? i really should live up to my name(Vijay Singh) hahah.
Old 07-16-2009, 12:07 PM
mot
Likes The Color Purple

Car Info: plug-in prius
Originally Posted by jewpac42
Monarch bay is a piece of crap course, not to mention a 5+ hour round.

I have a good instructor, she took 10 stokes off my game in a year, however she is in Pleasant Hill.
jenny?

Originally Posted by indolegend89
I used to take lessons back in high school but havent really touched clubs in a while. What set would you recommend for beginners? are there brands to stay away from or places to stay away from? i really should live up to my name(Vijay Singh) hahah.
my irons and driver. tm burner 9.5* stiff & 704cb R300 irons. Ill give you a iclub deal.
Old 07-16-2009, 12:37 PM
I don't need more cowbell dammit!

Car Info: E82
Originally Posted by mot
jenny?

my irons and driver. tm burner 9.5* stiff & 704cb R300 irons. Ill give you a iclub deal.
Cherie
Old 07-16-2009, 01:34 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
I play with super crappy clubs and no drivers. I'd really love to get a better set and a decent driver.

When I play with my brothers clubs... same as mine but with better shafts... my scores drop usually around 6 or 8 strokes. So I'd imagine with better clubs and a driver I could shoot pretty consistently in the low 80's. But I'm usually happy anytime I hit in the 80's. I am a low 90's guy usually.

I might try and play an early morning weekday round pretty soon out here in watsonville if anyone is interesting.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:48 PM

Car Info: 07 specB
that is very true! we are pretty spoiled out here in my area. My dad is also the superitendant at Delta View golf course in Pittsburg, so i play there a lot too. Thats where i learned how to play wind golf lol.
WHAT?! i didnt know that bro! that course is fun and tough as hell in the afternoon with the wind...we need to go play DR soon homie, i need a good score again! haha

oh and im about a 12-14hcap...best round so far was 81 with a number of sub 40 9s on the books but i cant keep it together for a whole 18 with my bad back
Old 07-16-2009, 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by mot
I shot an 83 at the ranch in San jose this past Monday. First time on this course and I must say it was brutal. Playing monarch bay this Friday morning.

Do you guys have any suggestions for a good instructor. I need help with a few things.

Witb
905r 9.5 ust stiff
909f2 matrix stiff
3-p 704cb r300. I'm going to sell these if anyone is interested
vokey sm 54 & 58
sc Newport 2 34"

also selling a driver listed above. Anyone want to range later tonight at sjmuni? I need help. Haha
83 at The Ranch is good. I need YOU to show me a few things now. What was it, like 2 years ago when you just started hitting at the range?

Good ****, man.
Old 07-16-2009, 03:01 PM

Car Info: 05 18g LGT Wagon | Former 08 LGT Spec.B
83 at the ranch is brutal?... I just got 83 at Cinnabar last Sat, and was stoked =D

You read my mind though, doesn't look like the tourney is happening, but it looks like there's enough peeps to come out and play once a month.

I might be interested in your driver, can I check it out at the range some time? Going today around 6. I have a black/white Taylor Made bag with a Gopher as my Driver's club sock.

Quick Reply: Offical Bay Area Golfer's Thread