Offical Bay Area Golfer's Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 11:04 AM
mot
Likes The Color Purple

Car Info: plug-in prius
Thumbs up Offical Bay Area Golfer's Thread

well instead of all these golf threads, i think this will be a good one for all bay area golf stuff.

im going to take a wild guess that no one wants to play in the tournament but are willing to play in general. i suggest to just let everyone know ahead of time and we can get a few rounds in together.

btw, does anyone want to buy a 2007 taylor made burner driver 9.5 for $90?
Old 07-15-2009, 11:08 AM

Car Info: ugly piece of ****
I want to play, but I dont want to play in that tournament. Id rather play up here in SF.

What shaft is on that driver?
Old 07-15-2009, 11:17 AM

Car Info: 07 specB
i try to get in a couple rounds a month out here in coco...always down for 18!
Old 07-15-2009, 11:19 AM
mot
Likes The Color Purple

Car Info: plug-in prius
Originally Posted by subaruwrx
I want to play, but I dont want to play in that tournament. Id rather play up here in SF.

What shaft is on that driver?
std stiff.

Originally Posted by scoo*B
i try to get in a couple rounds a month out here in coco...always down for 18!
nice. we usually play spring valley at twilight for $15. playing monarch bay this friday for $29 w/ cart!!!
Old 07-15-2009, 11:28 AM

Car Info: vtak mota
nice... whats everyone handicap...?

i played since i was 12 but since taken a really long break.. college golf really burned me out and got me distracted from school

i played at 2 handicap before i decided to get serious with school
Old 07-15-2009, 11:22 PM

Car Info: 2015 SWP WRX
I get out a good 3 days a week now and have been shooting really low lately. I ran into a buddy i used to play golf with/against in high school and come to find out he is a teaching pro now so he has been working with my swing a lot lately. I can go out and shoot mid 70's all day, but i consider myself a 4 handicap. I can go low some days and i can go high other days as well, but thats golf. There is always that one shot that keeps me coming back for more lol

i would be down for a tournament, but $80 is a lil too pricey for me when i can play for really cheap if not free. Good idea on the golf thread tho. I say anytime someone goes out and plays they post what they shot, no matter if it was good or bad.

Mon july 13... 74 at lone tree from the blues.
Old 07-15-2009, 11:31 PM

Car Info: 2008 STi
wow, you guys a freaking great golfers. I just got into the game a few years ago, and dont practice as much as I should. So i usually end up between 95 - 105.

Mon Jul 13, 102 at las positas from the blues (also it was almost 102 degrees)
Old 07-15-2009, 11:34 PM

^i like las positas. I had a few tournaments at that course in high school. I always played good there. 71 from the blues was my best there. And at least you play golf! some people thinks its simple.... until they play it. keep it up and hit the range and the practice green
Old 07-15-2009, 11:35 PM

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (2 members and 0 guests)
subi4justin, BayAreaSTi23

i see you dallas!!! how you been playin bro?
Old 07-16-2009, 12:50 AM

Car Info: nothing right now
Good idea on the thread, Tom.

Originally Posted by subi4justin
I get out a good 3 days a week now and have been shooting really low lately. I ran into a buddy i used to play golf with/against in high school and come to find out he is a teaching pro now so he has been working with my swing a lot lately. I can go out and shoot mid 70's all day, but i consider myself a 4 handicap. I can go low some days and i can go high other days as well, but thats golf. There is always that one shot that keeps me coming back for more lol

i would be down for a tournament, but $80 is a lil too pricey for me when i can play for really cheap if not free. Good idea on the golf thread tho. I say anytime someone goes out and plays they post what they shot, no matter if it was good or bad.

Mon july 13... 74 at lone tree from the blues.
Went to Lone Tree for the first time a few weekends ago and shot a 84 from the whites. I have to be playing really well to get into the 70s.

How far, do you think you should be able to hit your driver to play from the blues? When I'm at Chuck Corica in Alameda, I usually play from the blues. Score doesn't really change that much though. If anything, I play less aggressively and don't get into as much trouble, haha.

Originally Posted by giusepi
wow, you guys a freaking great golfers. I just got into the game a few years ago, and dont practice as much as I should. So i usually end up between 95 - 105.

Mon Jul 13, 102 at las positas from the blues (also it was almost 102 degrees)
Played Las Pos on Sunday, from the whites, 85.

Working on a bigger shoulder turn and better angle of attack with driver and irons.

WITB:
Tour Burner TP 10.5 Fubuki
r7 TP 15 Rombax
Idea Pro 3h VS Proto
Tour Burner 4-PW PX
Rac TP 52/56/60 PX
Itsy 32.5"
Old 07-16-2009, 12:58 AM

I feel that if you are able to shoot in the mid 80's then you should try and step up to the blues. It does depend on how long the course is though. Most public golf course arent going to be too bad from the blues. There are some courses that are really long from the blues... (roddy ranch) but that just makes it more fun IMO

Last edited by subi4justin; 07-16-2009 at 01:00 AM.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:08 AM

I feel that if you are able to shoot in the mid 80's then you should try and step up to the blues. It does depend on how long the course is though. Most public golf course arent going to be too bad from the blues. There are some courses that are really long from the blues... (roddy ranch) but that just makes it more fun IMO
I had my *** handed to me playing from the blues at Roddy, haha. I remember that one par 3 with the deep and fat bunker to the right of it, 230yds? I had to go 3 wood into the wind. 3 wood to a par 3 seems kinda ridiculous.

One of my friends that I play with is about 1-2 clubs longer than me and it just sucks that he can get on par 5s in 2 while I always have to lay up.

I think I've seen your car twice up in Brentwood, Deer Ridge and Shadow Lakes?
Old 07-16-2009, 01:15 AM

Originally Posted by juicy
I had my *** handed to me playing from the blues at Roddy, haha. I remember that one par 3 with the deep and fat bunker to the right of it, 230yds? I had to go 3 wood into the wind. 3 wood to a par 3 seems kinda ridiculous.

One of my friends that I play with is about 1-2 clubs longer than me and it just sucks that he can get on par 5s in 2 while I always have to lay up.

I think I've seen your car twice up in Brentwood, Deer Ridge and Shadow Lakes?
Yes sir, you might have seen it up there. I always seem to be at either one of those three spots. My car is the all black STI in brentwood. I havent seen too many of all black subies out my way.

And ya, #13 at roddy is a ***** of a hole. I take a 3 iron from the blacks and im pin high, but its hard to make any type of good score on that hole. If i walk away with a 3, im happy. That back nine at roddy is tough period IMO. One of the best courses i think.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:21 AM

Yes sir, you might have seen it up there. I always seem to be at either one of those three spots. My car is the all black STI in brentwood. I havent seen too many of all black subies out my way.

And ya, #13 at roddy is a ***** of a hole. I take a 3 iron from the blacks and im pin high, but its hard to make any type of good score on that hole. If i walk away with a 3, im happy. That back nine at roddy is tough period IMO. One of the best courses i think.
Dude, my 3i goes like 205, haha.

You guys have hella nice courses up there, for cheap.
Old 07-16-2009, 01:23 AM

that is very true! we are pretty spoiled out here in my area. My dad is also the superitendant at Delta View golf course in Pittsburg, so i play there a lot too. Thats where i learned how to play wind golf lol.

Quick Reply: Offical Bay Area Golfer's Thread