Nvidia phone

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 01:35 PM

Car Info: The Latest From WayneTech.
That is precisely why I won't get an iPhone. It is more of a fashion statement than multimedia device.

That and I like to be able to change and edit 90-100% of every device I own from my computer to my car.
Old 03-12-2009, 01:38 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 Unicorn
Originally Posted by R-Dub
That is precisely why I won't get an iPhone. It is more of a fashion statement than multimedia device.

That and I like to be able to change and edit 90-100% of every device I own from my computer to my car.
Exactly. You cannot change anything about the iphone other than ring tones... and even then you can't change your sms sounds other than picking from the options they give you (which suck so badly).

And oh you want a ring tone? Buy it on itunes.. Android you want a ring tone? Connect it to your computer and drag the mp3 over for free.. then open the ringtone maker program to tell it when to start and stop the song.
Old 03-12-2009, 01:53 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by evsoul
Well if it is running android it will lack issues.. everything has its problems but android is constantly being bettered by the community and the android team. There is progression you can count on with Android.. while Apple knows people want MMS messaging and video capability.. it has been how many years now and still neither of those exist unless you hack it? Lame.

I owned the iphone and loved it over all.. but little big things like that annoyed the crap out of me.
Apple has and will continue to do this until everyone catches up. They delay their technology. Like only being able to get a 32g ipod touch. They could go bigger and will when market demands it. By the time the nvidia phone comes out apple will have added the video features to its phone as I'm sure it's already got the capability and they already have it figured out.

It's annoying. Kind of like iTunes and their stupid securities and passwords.

I think the Nvidia phone will along with one or two others will be the ones that succeed in the market place but I don't see any of them overtaking iPhone anytime soon. But Apple needs to make some changes to ensure it. They don't have the market hold that the iPod does.... yet.

They need to put it on more networks to start with. I'm not going back to AT&T just because of a phone. Verizon's network is better.
Old 03-12-2009, 02:30 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2005 Unicorn
^^I am more interested in software.
and it's all simple stuff over all that i don't like about it. You can change the wallpaper but you never see the wallpaper unless your phone is locked and you go to unlock it. That's about it for "customizing" your iphone too.

they regulate their applications way too harshly.. and again.. you have like 8 sms sounds all of which are TERRIBLE.. don't get me wrong i really enjoyed the iphone but it has serious room for improvement.. more room then it should have.. the iphone should be as close to perfection as a phone can be.. but they don't do it.

and there is no way they should have released it with out mms messaging and video capability. so annoying getting that "i have sent you a MMS message click here to check it" then you have to type in that crazy long username and password. it should just have you check it with your apple id/password.
Old 03-12-2009, 02:43 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by evsoul
^^I am more interested in software.
and it's all simple stuff over all that i don't like about it. You can change the wallpaper but you never see the wallpaper unless your phone is locked and you go to unlock it. That's about it for "customizing" your iphone too.

they regulate their applications way too harshly.. and again.. you have like 8 sms sounds all of which are TERRIBLE.. don't get me wrong i really enjoyed the iphone but it has serious room for improvement.. more room then it should have.. the iphone should be as close to perfection as a phone can be.. but they don't do it.

and there is no way they should have released it with out mms messaging and video capability. so annoying getting that "i have sent you a MMS message click here to check it" then you have to type in that crazy long username and password. it should just have you check it with your apple id/password.
Agreed on all points.
Old 03-12-2009, 02:48 PM

Car Info: 08 silver sti
http://i.gizmodo.com/5168843/iphone-...yline=true&s=i