NRG Gas Hood Dampers

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007, 12:05 PM

Car Info: I is not STiYLIN n e moar
BTW sent email w/pics as directed by staff @ NRG yesterday morning. Still no reply. I will give them a few more days before I call again.
Old 05-16-2007, 01:26 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by STiYLIN
BTW sent email w/pics as directed by staff @ NRG yesterday morning. Still no reply. I will give them a few more days before I call again.
if they blow you off send them to me and ill go over there and yell at the peeps i know

one of them that drives the NSX lives in cerritos which is the next town voer
Old 05-16-2007, 02:12 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 Toyota Prius Plug In 2011 Toyota Prius
Originally Posted by sigma pi
if they blow you off send them to me and ill go over there and yell at the peeps i know

um

Thats Tim, he's the one in charge
Old 05-16-2007, 02:34 PM
Old School

Car Info: '99 RBP GM6
I am not going to fight a battle I can't win. the staff is united, as they should be. Gagan, who I went out of my way to help (get a battery at cost and ship to him) gave me a lang infraction. I can clearly see this site has changed.

I love the new look and features. It's unfortunate we can't be adults and chose to use lang that we use in real life. Like I said, this is an adult forum. Not for the kiddies.

I want to make clear to everyone Life Plaza, Sigma pi and I have a history. I am not reacting to them in this thread harshly simply because of what they said here. That would be retarded.

I do appreciate their offers to contact NRG, after you took you little jabs at the value of my car and my choice of hood dampers. Try to down play it all you want. I am fine with it.

To everyone else watching this going WTF is wrong with STiYLIN, he "usually" pretty normal and chill. There is a ton of poo-poo talking in the SoCal forum if you feel the need to cach up. I am really done wasting my time with these guys.
You feel this is personal in some way, it is not in anyway. I gave a warning, no points were given.

After many of said to not dodge the filter, why do it?

Truth is more people are purposly breaking rules now because they are posted than when they weren't. It's simple, let the asteriks do their jobs, and admins won't get upset about it. I can't do anything about it once one of them get upset.

-Gagan
Old 05-16-2007, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by joltdudeuc
You feel this is personal in some way, it is not in anyway. I gave a warning, no points were given.
I do feel it personal. Of course I am not going to listen to mods that are attacking me, then threatening me with infractions. Gagan if you would have asked me to cool it I would have listened since I know you and you weren't talking poo-poo dooty talk to me (see what we are reduced to). There was no need to give me an infraction. I was not just dodgeing the filter just because you guys posted the rules recently. I post the same way on every forum I belong. When I feel the need I use bad lang.

You can say Sh** and Bit** and A** on TV, yes television but now we can't type them on an internet forum full of adults? This is straight up ridiculous and you know it.

I will def think twice before I waste my time and my gas and come out of pocket to help another member out (Gagan).
Old 05-16-2007, 03:13 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
I have to agree about the language forum. It's obvious we are not trusted as adults.

I moderate on a forum full of youngsters. We regulate there. I also post on a few other forums. 2 of them being my classic car and car club forums....neither of those have language filter as they are both ADULT used sites. It's not like we're going around posting all kinds of foul language just cause we can. We're not 12.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by sigma pi

Thanks again for the offer. I would love to burry the hatchet as we are all just suby enthusiasts and Californians to boot. I will let you knwo if they don't get back to me.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:17 PM
Old School

I think the time has come to realize that the swear filter isn't a form of control for nothing, nor is it some right wing conservative thing either. its to keep the site as professional as possible to attract vendors and sponsors. simple as that. We need investment, and without that, the site will die.

I'm sorry if my duties overstepped a personal line.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:28 PM

its to keep the site as professional as possible to attract vendors and sponsors. simple as that. We need investment, and without that, the site will die.

It is truly a sad day when a lang rule is enforced to gain vendors.

I know how much Vbulletin costs

I know how much a dedicated server costs and what kind of bandwidth is needed to run a site of this size ( I have admined before).

This site is trying to turn a profit, not cover costs. The current vendors and ads and Google ads cover it easy. Other ways to generate cash flow are VIP memberships. Not censoring the users so that the vendors come to put big buck in bank accounts.

I-club was started as an enthusiast’s forum correct? Not a Money making business? Things are changing and it is evident.

The natural progression is people find other places that they can post freely and if there are no users or considerably less users, the vendors dwindle too. I have seen it happen many times. I wish the best of luck to i-club moving forward, but seriously the censorship of users to accommodate the vendor/sponsor needs never ends well.

Staff has to work harder and gets upset and less friendly because they are forever enforcing tedious rules.

I am done ranting. That is my humble .02.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:39 PM
Old School

It is truly a sad day when a lang rule is enforced to gain vendors.

I know how much Vbulletin costs

I know how much a dedicated server costs and what kind of bandwidth is needed to run a site of this size ( I have admined before).

This site is trying to turn a profit, not cover costs. The current vendors and ads and Google ads cover it easy. Other ways to generate cash flow are VIP memberships. Not censoring the users so that the vendors come to put big buck in bank accounts.

I-club was started as an enthusiast’s forum correct? Not a Money making business? Things are changing and it is evident.

The natural progression is people find other places that they can post freely and if there are no users or considerably less users, the vendors dwindle too. I have seen it happen many times. I wish the best of luck to i-club moving forward, but seriously the censorship of users to accommodate the vendor/sponsor needs never ends well.

Staff has to work harder and gets upset and less friendly because they are forever enforcing tedious rules.

I am done ranting. That is my humble .02.
It's not a money making business, if that were Alex's goal, there would have never of been a split. Nasioc is where the money is.

This is truly barely running. Alex is forking for the this site. Now that we have pro management, we will be in a better position. Having money in the bank for the site is a good thing, that means the site and do things with that money. It's not going in Alex's account. He doesn't need the money.

The only person who owns this site is Alex, and if he wants it this way, that's how it is. He could delete my account in a second, and as much as that would suck, I can't be upset with him, that's his choice. He doesn't want anyone to dodge the filter, that's just how it's going to be. I'm sorry.
Old 05-16-2007, 03:46 PM
9 to 5 mod

Originally Posted by LifePlaza
um

Thats Tim, he's the one in charge
sorry im bad wiht names
Old 05-16-2007, 03:47 PM

It's not a money making business, if that were Alex's goal, there would have never of been a split. Nasioc is where the money is.

This is truly barely running. Alex is forking for the this site. Now that we have pro management, we will be in a better position. Having money in the bank for the site is a good thing, that means the site and do things with that money. It's not going in Alex's account. He doesn't need the money.

The only person who owns this site is Alex, and if he wants it this way, that's how it is. He could delete my account in a second, and as much as that would suck, I can't be upset with him, that's his choice. He doesn't want anyone to dodge the filter, that's just how it's going to be. I'm sorry.
Can't speak foreveryone, especially since I am a newbie. But what attracted me to i-club was the relaxed fun feel that the site had. You could talk a lil trash and use and few explatives no biggie. It never got out of hand in any threads I have ever seen. The site does a good job of moderating itself since aso many people know each other personally.

You enforce a lang rule and I gaurntee people will stop posting, not everyone, but enough.

Like I said, I have run a ver successful forum before and was in charge of marketing and coming up with ideas to generate monies for the site and events put on by the site (www.rcnitrotalk.com). There are other ways to accomplish this w/o being a cuss word ****'s.

Truth is it is his site and he can do as he pleases. IMO it will not end well.

Take away the friendly relaxed feel and we have, well NASIOC minus all the technical content......
Old 05-16-2007, 03:48 PM
9 to 5 mod

Thanks again for the offer. I would love to burry the hatchet as we are all just suby enthusiasts and Californians to boot. I will let you knwo if they don't get back to me.
good deal
yay!
Old 05-16-2007, 04:01 PM

NRG sucks, offcially.

So Jerry only works 3 days a week for 4hrs a day. He won't be back until Friday, when I will be on the road to Hayward. He never replied to my email, and I doubt he will. The person I keep talking to (Steve) could absolutely care less and is not trying to help me.

Can you believe there is only one person that can look at my pics of my garbage rusted dampers and send me new ones, out of a WHOLE COMPANY. Steve seemed like he wasn't doing much but surfing the net, why can't he help me.

I agree now, I should have bought TEIN like I did with my susp. Right now NRG gets a cust raiting of -5.
Old 05-16-2007, 04:03 PM
9 to 5 mod

i know that there are a few ladies on the board they are not the majority by far but they may not like cussing either

but this is all a guess and speculation

Quick Reply: NRG Gas Hood Dampers