NRG Carbon Fiber Racing Seats? UPDATE!! I GOT A SPARCO INSTEAD!

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 11:38 AM
aka FlukeWRX

Car Info: '03 WRX WRB Sedan
Originally Posted by brucelee
Yep, you heard right... Both Recaro Sports (STi V5 seats) for $600. I need the money ASAP.
Too Bad it's not the Black Ones on the left or you would have the money in hand already.
Old 06-17-2009, 07:09 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
Originally Posted by flukewrx
Too Bad it's not the Black Ones on the left or you would have the money in hand already.
Already sold the black one for $600, sold it in 20 mins.
Old 06-18-2009, 03:15 AM

I did a lot more research on this seat before I bit the bullet, all is positive and they are actually replicas of the recaro seat made for the spec-C RA-R, not to be mistaken for the crappy standard spec-c seats. Seen here:

Old 06-18-2009, 06:35 PM

Although that STi seat above still eluded me, at least I got a sick *** Sparco EVO 2 instead of that crappy N R G seat that I thought was cool. That's what I get for reading reviews and depending on them. Don't believe anything you hear about a seat until you try them out for yourselves! End of story!
Old 06-18-2009, 07:36 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: RIP: 04 WRB SEDAN Now Rollin' in STi
daym i wouldve bought that SRD from you Daniel
Old 06-19-2009, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by A.V.E.
daym i wouldve bought that SRD from you Daniel
Dude! I had it for sale for like 2 months! Then I took it to GST and put it in their show room for sale, it sold in 20 mins! I had no bites in 2 months of sale! (maybe like 6 weeks).

The Sparco seat rocks soooo much! I just played Gran Turismo for a couple hours sitting in it and there was no negative effects, I wasn't sore or anything, the seat fits me really nicely, much nicer then any other seat I've had... The only other seat that was close to this comfort was the V5 seats I have... They are the best seats ever, just about 2" short for my tall ***. I wish they fit because they are better then the SRDs, the only thing better about the SRD is that it sat lower then the STi V5 seats.
Old 06-19-2009, 04:41 PM
Chewwwwy

Car Info: Random, yet well planed selection of jdm cult cars
you should have bought my cobra.
Old 06-19-2009, 05:30 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: non subarus
Hey AVE, if your still interested in the SRD's these a guy on the m3forums selling a pair for around 1k
Old 06-19-2009, 06:54 PM

Car Info: 1999 RS Coupé- 1995 Mazda Miata -KTM 300
Originally Posted by brucelee
The standard recaro mount/rails are already really tough to begin with and cost $200 ALONE. I then had Tommy do his magic and re-enforce the rails and mounts with extra metal with VERY beefy welds.

The seat itself is VERY strong because it's metal and carbon fiber, much stronger then standard car seats, like my old 2.5RS seats (which I keep using for example). The only good thing about the stock seats is the mounts that keep the seat firmly planted, but my rails aren't just as good as stock, they are much stronger then stock from Recaro, and then even STRONGER after GST is done with them.

I'm really looking forward to owning this seat... It feels sooo much better then the Recaro SRD. Actually, the Recaro SRD is pretty similar to the stock STi V5 seats, only a little more bolstering and are a lot lower.

I'm going to be selling my recaro sports for $600 for both sides (The recaro sports are Subaru STi V5 seats that are in great shape and are direct bolt ins, the entire swap takes about 40mins for someone who doesn't know anything about seats. The seats match WRX interior, but not STi interior. I'd keep these seats but I'm too tall for them and my neck is above the head line, so if I get in an accident, I'll break my neck! These are great for people under 6'3. I'm going to shampoo the seats so they look almost brand new, so $600 and they are yours! Remember, these are true Recaro Sport seats, only they are covered in STi material (Cloth and alacantera (suede-like stuff). They are at least 10x better then any stock USDM seat and will increase your handling ability by 10 fold, it's like going from stock suspension to coil overs! The reason the car will handle better is because the seats hug you so that you don't move AT ALL. Where ever the car goes, you go, no mods sliding around, holding onto the steering wheel... You just sit and throw the car sideways and you stay planted perfectly. If you've never sat in a good seat, you're missing out BIG TIME!!!! For $600, it's a STEAL considering that you can't get a recaro sport for under $800 for just the seat, not including the $200 rails for EACH SIDE!!!

Cliff notes:

The seat I'm getting is really awesome, it's metal with carbon fiber shell covered in high quality cloth and some strange heavy duty material on the contact points, the only weak spot, if you want to call it that was the mount that mated the seat to the car, but I'm using real RECARO mounts that have been beefed up by GST motorsports, so not only am I using better mounts, I'm using mounts that would hold a dinosaur. The rep said they are FIA certified (That particular seat).

Because I no longer need my current Recaro Sports (STi V5 seats), I will be selling the pair which includes all the mounting hardware for a mere $600!!! The seats are in great condition and I'll even shampoo them for you. This price is unheard of, you can't even get a single recaro sport with standard cloth for under $800, and thats without the $200 rails to mount the seat! If that wasn't good enough, then you get TWO of them! They are direct bolt in seats and can be installed in less then 30 mins by a single person. The seats will improve your handling more than anything else you can do to your car. Far better then getting coil overs, and if you dont believe me, then try out a stock car Vs a car that has aggressive seats like these V5 STi seats (JDM). Not only will your car handle 10x better, but it will look great having the pair inside of the cab. You can have BOTH seats with all hardware for $600. I'll even help you install them if you need me to! So a recap, Two recaro sport seats with STi v5 material (cloth and alacantera, which is like suede) with the rails and everything for $600!!!!

Just the recaro rail I bought for ONE seat was $200, and that doesn't include custom fab work!
lol

cliffnotes: this reply made me laugh out loud