Nother Vday Q?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2004, 04:00 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Nother Vday Q?

I'm looking for a place that I can get more than just flowers for my girl.

She's into asian stuff....mostly japanese.

I am looking for a place that I can buy some bamboo plants for her. I'm gonna surprise her in the morning. She has to work on Vday so dinner plans are shot. I'm gonna pick her up first thing in the morning and drive down to the beach for some mimosa and breakfast. And I figure I'll get her something that won't die so damn fast. Last year I spent like $90 on flowers and they were all dead in like a week.

Bamboo should last forever and as it grows you can split it and replant it and build a guarden of the stuff.
would have posted on the other vday flower topic but it was all about sexual favors and marriage and I couldn't handle reading about rings..lol.

Anyways yeah.>

LOOKING FOR a local place that I can get some cool bamboo plants......fremont/hayward, milpinis....etc.
Old 02-12-2004, 08:08 PM

Car Info: my 02 Wrx > STi = G35
you can easily get bamboo plants potted in the mall or in asian grocery stores as said above. she obviously means alot to you so i say put a bit more thought into it and go to china town (where you can buy the bamboo plants cheaper and with out a pot) and go over to valley fair in santa clara where you can make your own pot and personalize it to give it more meaning. you'll save money on the bamboo but splurge more on the pot...guarranteed she'll like it...oh and don't forget the pebbles...

if you really want to stick to a local place as you mentioned go to Marina Supermarket (union city), Lions (milpitas, newark, and fremont).
Old 02-12-2004, 09:26 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
thanks.........

good suggestion.

I'll have to consider that pot idea.

I was thinking about buying a glass one or making one out of really thick plexy so you can see the rocks through it and what not.

never made a pot before so that would be interesting.

I think she'll be stoked on the surprise morning wake up pic-nic deal. She's into that stuff big time. And she has no clue...

though she is sitting on the couch right now telling me to get of the comp....later.

any other suggestions welcome.