Not good Subaru.... not good.

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 04:45 PM

Car Info: 2015 FXT Stage II
Originally Posted by markyboi
took care most of it.

drivetrain thump. fixed (diff inserts, group N tranny mount)
A pillar creak (home depot weather stripping between pillar and dash)
door card rattle (home depot weather stripping)
tonneau cover (adhesive felt strip - dealer)
also had a rattle coming from the engine bay (found out that the nut holding the airbox came loose)

a few guys that I met with the 3g (2011 STI, 2012 WRX, 2008 WRX,etc) had the same problems as me...I took the car to the dealer before for the a pillars, door card and engine bay rattle...they refused to fix it (but that's another story)..

I have most of those rattles on my 11 as well but i can't really tell anymore. My q300 drones them all out. LOL. I hate the rattles but i still have so much fun in this car that it's worth it. So far my car has had zero issues in my 11 months of owner ship. I do have the clutch click/pop noise but it's not worth taking it in for it to be fixed temporary. I am paranoid about cracking rings but my car is tuned pretty safe and i don't beat on it everyday but i still constantly check oil filler after every hard run.

Last edited by PROcede; 06-22-2012 at 04:53 PM.
Old 06-22-2012, 04:48 PM

Car Info: 2011 swp wrx 5dr
Originally Posted by PROcede
I have most of those rattles on my 11 as well but i can't really tell anymore. My q300 drones them all out. LOL. I hate the rattles but i still have so much fun in this car that it's worth it.
I'm going to have to agree with you on this one!
Old 06-22-2012, 05:24 PM

Car Info: 2000 2.5rs
but one should not need to pay extra for a new car to have rattles, if you get my drift?
Old 06-22-2012, 05:31 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Originally Posted by MonsterGC
but one should not need to pay extra for a new car to have rattles, if you get my drift?

You're right. That was part of why we didn't get a tribecca. It seemed like they cut a LOT of corners to hit a certain price point. The car just felt like it was not put together well.

The forester on the other hand feels very solid. As did all the other new subaru's I've driven. I think subaru has done a good job with the build quality and hitting a price point.

A lot of the stuff is a little annoying. You pay $27 or whatever it is for a WRX now you expect it to have certain things and it doesn't But subaru has always put focus on different stuff than most cars. I'd rather have a few plastic bits that aren't that durable and have a very stout AWD system than have a crappy FWD system and nice wood trim.

But yes... still annoying.

My wive's vw squeaked like crazy. Annoyingly so. Like everything squeaked. Terrible. And it looked really nice until the **** coatings started getting old. Then the whole thing just looked booty.

The forester only has one that I'm trying to track down. I can't figure out if it's the rear cover or the rear hatch. And the stupid gas release deal snapped.

My bigger complaint is ****ty seats. When is subaru going to figure out that's its way better to just contact recaro and have them make you a seat.

I just hope they don't keep increasing prices. If the WRX starts touching $30k I'm gonna be really bummed. Mine was $25k and that was with a few options and a 100k warranty that ran me nearly $1900. I think I paid almost $23 flat for the car itself with the short shifter, some different matts, the rear rubber matt, the rear bumper cover, and a few other things.
Old 06-22-2012, 07:53 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
You're right. That was part of why we didn't get a tribecca. It seemed like they cut a LOT of corners to hit a certain price point. The car just felt like it was not put together well.

The forester on the other hand feels very solid. As did all the other new subaru's I've driven. I think subaru has done a good job with the build quality and hitting a price point.

A lot of the stuff is a little annoying. You pay $27 or whatever it is for a WRX now you expect it to have certain things and it doesn't But subaru has always put focus on different stuff than most cars. I'd rather have a few plastic bits that aren't that durable and have a very stout AWD system than have a crappy FWD system and nice wood trim.

My wive's vw squeaked like crazy. Annoyingly so. Like everything squeaked. Terrible. And it looked really nice until the **** coatings started getting old. Then the whole thing just looked booty.

The forester only has one that I'm trying to track down. I can't figure out if it's the rear cover or the rear hatch. And the stupid gas release deal snapped.

My bigger complaint is ****ty seats. When is subaru going to figure out that's its way better to just contact recaro and have them make you a seat.

I just hope they don't keep increasing prices. If the WRX starts touching $30k I'm gonna be really bummed. Mine was $25k and that was with a few options and a 100k warranty that ran me nearly $1900. I think I paid almost $23 flat for the car itself with the short shifter, some different matts, the rear rubber matt, the rear bumper cover, and a few other things.
Dude, dealer prices, $27,000+ for WRX with short throw shifter and $30,000 for the Premium WRX. So the prices are already there.

I tripped out though, a 2.5i Impreza Premium is $21,000. The Sport Impreza, basically body kit and a little nicer interior, $26,000. For $1000 more you can buy a WRX and have way more fun.
Old 06-22-2012, 07:59 PM
General Pimpin'

Oh man... I knew the premium was getting up there but that's just stupid. I'm not paying $30k for a wrx.

I mean hell, it's not even a wagon anymore and they don't make anymore cool wagons. So might as well just rebuild what I have... you know.

Hell you can pick up an evo for $35k or an STI for $36k

I don't understand that. The WRX price point should be $25-27 not 27-31k.

Grrrrrrr.

Oh well... I have no plans of getting out of my wagon for anything but a 2008 XTS or if subaru pulls their heads out of their asses the next turbo WAGON w/ a MANUAL transmission that they make.
Old 06-22-2012, 08:20 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Oh man... I knew the premium was getting up there but that's just stupid. I'm not paying $30k for a wrx.

I mean hell, it's not even a wagon anymore and they don't make anymore cool wagons. So might as well just rebuild what I have... you know.

Hell you can pick up an evo for $35k or an STI for $36k

I don't understand that. The WRX price point should be $25-27 not 27-31k.

Grrrrrrr.

Oh well... I have no plans of getting out of my wagon for anything but a 2008 XTS or if subaru pulls their heads out of their asses the next turbo WAGON w/ a MANUAL transmission that they make.
Depending on the dealer you could probably get one for $26,00 something, but yea. Used STi's are going for $35,000.
Old 06-22-2012, 08:45 PM

Car Info: 2015 FXT Stage II
Originally Posted by MonsterGC
Dude even my BMW had rattles, not as many but they were present and enough to annoy the **** out of me at times.
Old 06-22-2012, 08:47 PM
Nobody likes the tuna here

Car Info: 03 SRP WRX Street Class Prepped, 17 Chevy Duramax
Originally Posted by PROcede
Dude even my BMW had rattles, not as many but they were present and enough to annoy the **** out of me at times.
BMW is a driving machine not a luxury car

Surprisingly our camry has ZERO rattles. Except the speakers on horribly mastered music.
Old 06-22-2012, 09:46 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2018 Golf R Variant

Oh geez, VW's. I enjoyed driving my '04 R32 but that car needed to be pushed into a hole. I will never forget the 6th time VW roadside assistance came to pick it up. Called my boss to tell him again, and he yelled "BUY A TOYOTA" and slammed the phone down. Which is how I ended up with an '02 MR2 Spyder. I can't wait till I forget the hours spent in my kitchen cleaning interior parts with dish scrubbies to get that stupid "soft touch" coating off that held together for all of around 20k miles.

Hmm that's sad to hear about the Tribeca as I have been considering one of those as a replacement for my matching set of SAAB 9-5 Aero wagons. At this point we are probably going to look for a used '05ish Outback XT. I would consider an LGT but my wife has already just about torn off/driven over the lip spoiler on the auto 9-5 (one is a 5spd/one is auto). The hardest part about selling the SAAB stories is a car that can blow off a Porsche with a couch in the back, and still get ~32mpg on a road trip loaded up with family, dog and etc. I learned the other day that my 5spd Aero wagon is handily faster than a douchely driven new S4. FWD is just fine, BTW. Really fun IMHO actually. Different, but really fun.

But yeah, 11/2002 I ordered my '03 WRX sedan from Subaru of Santa Cruz. I paid $22.6k for it. As someone who has purchased a brand new Subaru, it will never happen again. I am a serious Subaru fan, I mean, I have a Justy. I love my '02 sedan with all my heart and if I ever need to crash it, I will probably find another versus even considering a new one. Turned 52k miles before leaving for NYC last Tuesday. Can't wait to drive it again. I swear that car is the only thing that got me through last weekend, just knowing that I could go out and drive it again.
Old 06-22-2012, 10:04 PM
General Pimpin'

If you were thinking about a tribeca and can swing it I'd take a look at the new body outback. That thing is huge inside. We nearly bought one... sometimes I think we should have but I love the forester.

As for new... you'd be surprised man. I didn't think I'd ever do it again either but we went down looking for used ones and we ended up getting a brand new forester for cheaper than what they were asking for a 2010 with like 12k on it. Crazy.

Think we got it for like $21. Base model but it's plenty nice.
Old 06-23-2012, 09:43 AM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
Just realized you have THREE threads on the front page right now that you started just to rant about something.

You need a hug Ray?