Not good Subaru.... not good.

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 03:41 PM
General Pimpin'

Car Info: MY04 aspen wrx wagon.
Not good Subaru.... not good.

Looks like all this fanciness and toyota influenced ick isn't helping after all.

Prett much guaranteed an issue for every car. Yeah! More than 1 per car can't be good.

Key car quality study ranks software bugs as most common complaint, knocks Ford again | Motoramic - Yahoo! Autos
Old 06-20-2012, 03:52 PM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
Originally Posted by OneManArmy
Looks like all this fanciness and toyota influenced ick isn't helping after all.

Prett much guaranteed an issue for every car. Yeah! More than 1 per car can't be good.

Key car quality study ranks software bugs as most common complaint, knocks Ford again | Motoramic - Yahoo! Autos
lol how is this toyotas fault? they are way above average reliability and subaru is way under, if anything Subaru should be MORE like toyota
Old 06-20-2012, 04:06 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by Krinkov
lol how is this toyotas fault? they are way above average reliability and subaru is way under, if anything Subaru should be MORE like toyota
I said toyota influenced stuff... meaning the subaru folks are TRYING to do it.... and not succeeding. The fancifying crap.

I like my old shell over suspension. No B.S. You needith to readith before thus castith the stoneith.
Old 06-20-2012, 04:24 PM

Car Info: '11 STI
the article doesnt really define problems, nor does it express the extent of a problem. Not saying subaru is in the clear but I would rather have a 2011 sti with my turn signal problem and random rattles over say a bmw with the those high pressure fuel pump problems that leave me without a car
Old 06-20-2012, 04:28 PM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by flat489
the article doesnt really define problems, nor does it express the extent of a problem. Not saying subaru is in the clear but I would rather have a 2011 sti with my turn signal problem and random rattles over say a bmw with the those high pressure fuel pump problems that leave me without a car
It's everything. It's not just recalls and huge failures.

It's really not that awful. I just don't like seeing subaru that low. LOL.

Hell my wife's little plastic cover on the gas filler cover release snapped off when the car was a week old... still haven't fixed it yet. Lazy bastards. That would count. LOL!
Old 06-20-2012, 07:35 PM

Car Info: Un Carrito Que Hace Vrooom Phsss!
Any one say pick up tube..?
Old 06-22-2012, 09:24 AM

Car Info: LGT Wagon
Consumer Reports gives Subaru high marks for reliability. But I think they are smoking crack...
Old 06-22-2012, 09:40 AM

Car Info: '11 STI
Originally Posted by CaliSuby
Any one say pick up tube..?
overall its a small issue compared to number of cars sold. Did anyone see how many people they polled on this study, i think i read it was 75,000. yea thats not even close to being a representative sample size
Old 06-22-2012, 09:51 AM

Car Info: 2011 swp wrx 5dr
as a 2011 owner...I'm not surprised with the results.

Don't get me wrong ,my car has been reliable, but a lot of minor things that should not be a problem on newer cars, have been a problem (rattles mainly). My 240 had less rattles/noises than this thing has
Old 06-22-2012, 10:00 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by flat489
overall its a small issue compared to number of cars sold. Did anyone see how many people they polled on this study, i think i read it was 75,000. yea thats not even close to being a representative sample size
Yeah. And it's just "problems" I'd rather have a car that I can beat the hell out of that has a broken plastic tab somewhere than one that has a brake pedal snap or a trans that falls apart when you're right foot goes down.

Subaru is a great car and toyota has done a lot to start refining them. I was mainly kidding (Krinkles). I am not overly fond of all of the stuff but subaru's are beginning the refinement process. Remember when the STI didn't have a stereo... (I like that)... but now it comes with the stuff the other cars in that price range come with. My forester is a much better built car as far as fit and finish that my wrx is.... but the new motor sounds like POOOOP!
Old 06-22-2012, 11:20 AM

Car Info: 2014 Subaru XV (Crosstrek)
Yeah. And it's just "problems" I'd rather have a car that I can beat the hell out of that has a broken plastic tab somewhere than one that has a brake pedal snap or a trans that falls apart when you're right foot goes down.

Subaru is a great car and toyota has done a lot to start refining them. I was mainly kidding (Krinkles). I am not overly fond of all of the stuff but subaru's are beginning the refinement process. Remember when the STI didn't have a stereo... (I like that)... but now it comes with the stuff the other cars in that price range come with. My forester is a much better built car as far as fit and finish that my wrx is.... but the new motor sounds like POOOOP!
Not sure what you mean by this, but I truly believe the non-turbo FB and FA engines (yay DOHC timing chain) sound way better than the mass-market SOHC EJ engines.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:24 AM

Car Info: 2018 Tacoma TRD PRO
It's everything. It's not just recalls and huge failures.

It's really not that awful. I just don't like seeing subaru that low. LOL.

Hell my wife's little plastic cover on the gas filler cover release snapped off when the car was a week old... still haven't fixed it yet. Lazy bastards. That would count. LOL!
Do you have a green bumper sticker? Did you drive over the benicia bridge this week at all?
Old 06-22-2012, 11:36 AM
General Pimpin'

Originally Posted by AWDfreak
Not sure what you mean by this, but I truly believe the non-turbo FB and FA engines (yay DOHC timing chain) sound way better than the mass-market SOHC EJ engines.
Then you clearly don't own a new one. EVERY one of the new non-turbo motors I've been around sound like ***. I'm not talking about exhaust note. It sounds like it's constantly low on oil. It's WAY louder than the older motors. Some blame on the chain which I'm glad they went to.

I'm not talking about exhaust note... engine sound is terrible. Sounds like it's busted.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:10 PM

Car Info: 2014 Subaru XV (Crosstrek)
Then you clearly don't own a new one. EVERY one of the new non-turbo motors I've been around sound like ***. I'm not talking about exhaust note. It sounds like it's constantly low on oil. It's WAY louder than the older motors. Some blame on the chain which I'm glad they went to.

I'm not talking about exhaust note... engine sound is terrible. Sounds like it's busted.
Maybe it has something to do with the weird con-rods? Or the fact that the stroke is larger than the bore?

Hmmm, I gotta look and see if other Subaru drivers are having the same issues you're having with your FB...
Old 06-22-2012, 12:17 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: '02 WRB WRX Wagon
Originally Posted by AWDfreak
Maybe it has something to do with the weird con-rods? Or the fact that the stroke is larger than the bore?

Hmmm, I gotta look and see if other Subaru drivers are having the same issues you're having with your FB...
Most people refer to it as Timing Chain slap. My wife's 12 Forester does it to. My Mom's 09 is getting there, but it also has 100,000 miles on it.

Quick Reply: Not good Subaru.... not good.