NORTHBAY SIGHTINGS! POst your northbay sighting here

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2010, 10:35 AM

Car Info: 02 PSM VF34, 08 WRB FSXT
yesterday on 101 north i was cruising with an 04 wrb wrx with an orange grenade sticker on the back window.
Old 05-08-2010, 03:35 PM

Car Info: 4日本車
Originally Posted by WRXdavid
yesterday on 101 north i was cruising with an 04 wrb wrx with an orange grenade sticker on the back window.
Grenade! Look out!

Spotted a ****load of Subarus and Evo's in Fairfield today, not even going to bother trying to remember even half of them. **** was crazy. The wingless Evo IX was crazy sick though, wide front fenders like Steve.
Old 05-08-2010, 08:03 PM

Car Info: old awd turbo thangy
Hmmm. Wonder who that could be... They gots that corn juice out there too, so maybe it's even quick...?

Last edited by ssteve; 05-08-2010 at 10:23 PM.
Old 05-08-2010, 10:25 PM

Just spotted a white sti with "sti l8r" as the plate. I had a newer GT pacing me from novato to my exit on Todd so I busted a ricer flybye. If your a member here not flexing on you, just giving ford boy a show, figured he might want some wastegate dumped in his ear.
Old 05-08-2010, 10:32 PM

Car Info: 2011 2.5i Spark Silver
ssteve did you use to park or still do by my coddingtown mall kinda by the bank of the west?
Old 05-08-2010, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by ruehl
ssteve did you use to park or still do by my coddingtown mall kinda by the bank of the west?
Yeah I worked there for a couple years. Car looks completely different now though. Back then it was still kind of my track car, or at least in the transition back to a street car. Now it just looks like a wingless silver evo with rims... My plate say Stevo8 on it which is a easy tip off... not like youll really see any other silver lowered evo's around though lol.
Old 05-08-2010, 10:56 PM

Car Info: 2011 2.5i Spark Silver
yep I've never seen a silver evo on the road just yours parked lol. I figured that was yours since it looked done up correctly unlike the majority of evos and subies i tend to see, which isn't many since i never drive my car now a days.
Old 05-08-2010, 11:24 PM

Thanks man... Its still on ohlins, has the carbon fenders and crap, but now also has a biggie turbo and some other misc crap hidden. Im gonna try and dumb it down as much as possible now to avoid any issues, and maybe do some drag racing this season.
Old 05-09-2010, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by ssteve
Hmmm. Wonder who that could be... They gots that corn juice out there too, so maybe it's even quick...?
It looked extremely clean, and had good choice in rim style, but it had the stickers on it (hellaflush, etc.) so it may be a style > substance Evo, who knows.

Thanks man... Its still on ohlins, has the carbon fenders and crap, but now also has a biggie turbo and some other misc crap hidden. Im gonna try and dumb it down as much as possible now to avoid any issues, and maybe do some drag racing this season.
I switched over from the Ohlins to DMS 40's and now run DMS race camber plates in the front to match the rear plates. Haven't had time/gas(money) to really test them out, but I went on a drive with the wife out to Monte Rio then took Bohemian hwy past Camp Meeker to Bodega Hwy then up Hwy 1, and they performed admirably considering they weren't tweaked yet. I look forward to giving them a thorough thrashing on the back roads to work out the right adjustments......as soon as I am running ethanol, so it doesn't cost me ~$130 per suspension evaluation run.
Old 05-09-2010, 11:01 AM

Car Info: 02 PSM VF34, 08 WRB FSXT
^^^ when you get some jet fuel in that beast let me know. you still owe me a ride!
Old 05-09-2010, 11:24 AM

Originally Posted by vodka
It looked extremely clean, and had good choice in rim style, but it had the stickers on it (hellaflush, etc.) so it may be a style > substance Evo, who knows.

I switched over from the Ohlins to DMS 40's and now run DMS race camber plates in the front to match the rear plates. Haven't had time/gas(money) to really test them out, but I went on a drive with the wife out to Monte Rio then took Bohemian hwy past Camp Meeker to Bodega Hwy then up Hwy 1, and they performed admirably considering they weren't tweaked yet. I look forward to giving them a thorough thrashing on the back roads to work out the right adjustments......as soon as I am running ethanol, so it doesn't cost me ~$130 per suspension evaluation run.

Yeah I personally wouldnt run standard off the shelf Ohlins, but mine are custom valved specifically for the car so they ride nice, and handle very well(not that that matters anymore), but then again I wouldnt run the DMS's either since they can be one hell of a serious nightmare to service and have had several friends with issues with them. Once upon a time where I have another track car, or this car goes back to that Im gonna skip all the BS and just rock some setup Motons.
Old 05-09-2010, 11:39 AM

Yeah I personally wouldnt run standard off the shelf Ohlins, but mine are custom valved specifically for the car so they ride nice, and handle very well(not that that matters anymore), but then again I wouldnt run the DMS's either since they can be one hell of a serious nightmare to service and have had several friends with issues with them. Once upon a time where I have another track car, or this car goes back to that Im gonna skip all the BS and just rock some setup Motons.
'Tis not a problem anymore. FLI recently became the place to go for authorized DMS service. Rebuilds without shipping my stuff, what? You should get some Motons or JRZ's and make Ryan jealous. He has a suspension fetish. I don't know anyone else who spends the money on new DMS 50's for a Forester. (<3 you Ryan )
Old 05-09-2010, 02:19 PM

Yeah one day maybe... Problem is though its a street car now and that the ride quality on the Ohlins is as good as it gets for a car that still handles very well... If I do anything anytime soon it will be to off the Ohlins and go to a set of cheap china made coilovers setup for drag, cause it will take the stress off the drivetrain on launches a bit and ride really nice as well.
Old 05-15-2010, 08:34 AM

Ton's of subies last couple days.... White STI with STI L8R plates on hwy12, white sti with that lame *** Mona Vie **** on it, a white STI with what looked like p45's , blue STI with a carbon lip two days ago on hwy12 next to a REALLY loud MKIV lol, a red GC8 with FLI stickers on hwy12 by Betties fish and chips(bombest F&C btw!), and a silver newer WRX with relentless stickers on it in RP
Old 05-15-2010, 09:15 AM

Ton's of subies last couple days.... White STI with STI L8R plates on hwy12, white sti with that lame *** Mona Vie **** on it, a white STI with what looked like p45's , blue STI with a carbon lip two days ago on hwy12 next to a REALLY loud MKIV lol, a red GC8 with FLI stickers on hwy12 by Betties fish and chips(bombest F&C btw!), and a silver newer WRX with relentless stickers on it in RP
Yeah I thought that was you stalking me yesterday when I was on my way home to pick up the STi and drop off my road warrior. Damn Evo's, always tryin' to race my epic 133bhp L coupe.

Did you put your sunroof back in? I thought I saw a sunroof popped up, AND passengers??? A back seat? Sunroof?? Blasphemy Steve!

Quick edit: Betty's does have bomb F&C, but I still prefer the seafood shack in Bodega Bay that sits on top of the cliff next to the saltwater taffy/rainbow wind decoration shack.

Quick Reply: NORTHBAY SIGHTINGS! POst your northbay sighting here