NORTHBAY SIGHTINGS! POst your northbay sighting here

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 06:47 PM

Car Info: 4日本車
Originally Posted by mjc1055
Hell yeah, I didn't know about the meet but I'd love to meet up with some folks on Saturday. You're talking about the Taqueria across from Big Lots, right?

And that's actually a brilliant idea. Since I was only planning to stay for a year before moving back, I think I'll just register the car in Arizona (was planning on reg'ing in California as soon as the title arrives) and keep my plates. I'm looking for work in Santa Rosa anyway, the freeway trip to and from Larkspur every day scares me every time I see the black and white on the side of the road

And I actually don't recall seeing you, were you not in a Subie at the time?
We're talking about the Santa Rosa Taqueria that's in Rincon Valley, right off Middle Rincon Rd which is off Sonoma Highway. It's a chain of family owned taquerias here in Santa Rosa. So they have like 4 locations I think. We're doing a small food meet at the taqueria off Middle Rincon this Sat around 6:30.

Yeah you wouldn't have noticed me since I was in a vanilla car (aka a normal every day stock car). It's a silver 2008 lexus is350, and the only distinguishing marks are the girly personalized license plate that my wife ordered, and the blacked out taillights. As Irish Car Bomb would say, I only have an imaginary Subaru.

Seriously though, rereg your car in AZ, or else prepare to reap the whirlwind of CHP ownage. If you stay reg'd in AZ they can pull you over, but they can't cite you for mods and ****. You can only get cited for regular moving violations like speeding, etc. Then there's no reason to be scared about the black and whites.
Old 05-28-2009, 11:20 PM

Car Info: DGM 2011 WRX
Originally Posted by manhands
I spotted a WRB bugeye with gold wheels parked on Oak street next to Fuller Park in Napa today with an i-club sticker on it. Whos dat?
Ok maybe it wasn't Gold wheels but I saw the same car parked in the same spot like another 4 times since then, who the **** is this? The I-club sticker is in the driver side back window, had modified exhaust. I thought about stopping, but every time I've been on my way to see a girl so I'm a bit preoccupied. I'm taking a picture next time, it appears to only be parked on the street in the daytime so I don't know if it's garaged at night or what but once the sun is down, so is the car.
Old 05-29-2009, 12:53 AM

Car Info: 2002 WRB WRX
Originally Posted by Irish_car_B0mb
are you sure you havent seen me?

i always see a ugm 04-05 around myrtle, the live across from the park but never wrb subaru anything

i always keep the car garaged though

if there are this many of us ehere in cotati we should meet up and hit the bars
I believe there is another UGM Sti or something similar down on liman way/lancaster corner over by the old elementary school. Always see it parked in their driveway.

But yeh I know I havn't seen you ever, wierd. I'm down at the last turn off myrtle before it turns into Rohnert Park.

Bars sound fun, but i'm with ruehl, I'm not 21 until August so lets plan a downtown trip 2 months from now and get our on!
Old 05-29-2009, 12:55 AM

Originally Posted by ruehl
I'm not 21 until july 8

but i vote for this one since its super simple and it doesn;t have the lame norcal star n such

I agree, I would be down to have this decal/sticker made up... whats the process consist of?
Old 05-29-2009, 08:40 AM

Car Info: '07 OBP STI
Originally Posted by 4eatme
I agree, I would be down to have this decal/sticker made up... whats the process consist of?

If you want it all one color I can have them made up dirt cheap. My friend has a vinyl cutter.
Old 05-29-2009, 12:11 PM

Car Info: '15 LE STI, '06 WRX White Wheeled Wagon, '06 B9
Originally Posted by Ddraig
If you want it all one color I can have them made up dirt cheap. My friend has a vinyl cutter.
same here thats pretty much the route i was gonna take

imma get a quote today
Old 05-29-2009, 12:33 PM

Car Info: C:/ and D:/
WRB wrx pulled over by CHP on the onramp by coddingtown in Santa Rosa, going southbound. Hope it wasn't anybody here
Old 05-29-2009, 06:12 PM

Car Info: 2005 Forester X
So I didn't get a car but I'll still meet up tomorrow if everyone else is going to meet up. I'll put a wrx badge on my bike and call it a day
Old 05-29-2009, 09:00 PM

Car Info: 2005 Forester X
saw a white STi, carbon hood, wingless, pink badges turning right onto pacific around 8pm. I put my hands out thinking it was my friend but after i saw the guy it definitly wasn't.. My bad if you thought I was being a dick.
+1 for the badges man. i was the only one rocking those on an aspen white for the longest time.
Old 05-30-2009, 12:03 AM

where is the meet tomorrow

pm address or something

i tried to google santa rosa taqueria and found 6 of them
Old 05-30-2009, 01:40 AM

Car Info: 4日本車
Taqueria Santa Rosa
791 Montecito Ctr
Santa Rosa, CA 95409

google maps it

SATURDAY 6:30PM FOOLS!!! Be there or starve.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:51 AM

Car Info: missing my STI 2006
i'll be there

hell i even cleaned the car yesterday too.........wait i do that every friday.....

Getting back to what the thread was really about saw a bit of a rarity today a white 08 sti esx yes a ESX from socal it was near middle rincon and fountian grove express way... Looked good anyone on here.

Last edited by moreda_5; 05-30-2009 at 11:52 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-30-2009, 12:34 PM

Car Info: nothing
gay i have work
Old 05-30-2009, 04:13 PM

Ironic or what, but finally saw you today Irish Car Bomb. I saw you coming, pointed and ed ya, and was like in my head "I know who that is."

Just flashed stage 1 and was giving the ol' suby a run around town seeing how she felt. Amazing how much more "drivable" a 4eat is after a cobb flash, nothing major, but definitely more drivable.

Last edited by 4eatme; 05-30-2009 at 04:26 PM.
Old 05-30-2009, 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by 4eatme
Ironic or what, but finally saw you today Irish Car Bomb. I saw you coming, pointed and ed ya, and was like in my head "I know who that is."

Just flashed stage 1 and was giving the ol' suby a run around town seeing how she felt. Amazing how much more "drivable" a 4eat is after a cobb flash.
ya i just saw ya, i was like, well if thats him he cant say he hasnt seen me yet. i was just getting home from work

i also saw a white 08 sti this morning going northbound on the 101 at around 7:30am

Quick Reply: NORTHBAY SIGHTINGS! POst your northbay sighting here