NORTHBAY SIGHTINGS! POst your northbay sighting here

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 11:59 AM

Car Info: 2002 WRB WRX
Oh ok, Yeah I've actually never seen Irish Car Bomb around or his car surprisingly and I live off myrtle as well. There is one WRB wrx or sti with a wing (havn't got a good look, but newer than bugeye) that I have seen drive down myrtle/old redwood a few times. Anyways I'm sure we will run into each other sometime.
Old 05-27-2009, 03:04 PM

Car Info: 4日本車
Key word in these 'was pulled over' posts, is CHP. Granted, all LEO's seem to be under pressure to pull in money for city/state right now, but CHP is the state's hooker. I mean that literally. They are making money for the state, every time they're issuing citations. Clearly the Pimp (cali) has smacked the hoe (CHP) and said "***** get out there and make me money", and the hoe has no choice. They're pullin' tricks (tint, exhaust, intake, etc) for any kind of money. I don't agree with what's happening, at all, but I understand that the CHP has to do their job, or get fired. I'm basically going to avoid any highways/interstates as often as possible, and take city patrolled streets, as SRPD has a history, for me at least, of being super cool about stuff if you're honest and level headed.
Old 05-27-2009, 04:14 PM

Car Info: 2005 Forester X
I got really lucky when I got pulled over on my bike (motorcycle) on 101 south. I was going 85 and cutting traffic. I told the guy I was cold and tucked too low below the "window" and didn't realize I was going so fast. Then I told him that I cut traffic to not be in a pocket of cars because it leaves me no where to go if someone makes a mistake.
He said he appreciated the honesty and asked me to slow down. Shock my hand and I left.
Old 05-27-2009, 04:27 PM

Car Info: 2002 WRB WRX
Yeah, honestly I've been pulled over 3 times in my life, only once with the suby, but they have all been CHP. I find that local sheriff's, SRPD, and RP leo's don't even give me a second look, if they even look at me/my car (knock on wood).

In fact, an on duty Rohnert Park leo pulled up next to me at a red light, and told me to roll my window down. I did, expecting to hear pull over or something, but he asked me where I got my car, that he likes what i've done with it, and he was looking for an older body style 02/03 like mine. He said he has an 08 and loves subaru. Then the light turned green. Should have gotten his name so I know to go for him for any fix it's I might get in the future haha.
Old 05-27-2009, 05:44 PM

Car Info: 2011 2.5i Spark Silver
Originally Posted by 4eatme
In fact, an on duty Rohnert Park leo pulled up next to me at a red light, and told me to roll my window down. I did, expecting to hear pull over or something, but he asked me where I got my car, that he likes what i've done with it, and he was looking for an older body style 02/03 like mine. He said he has an 08 and loves subaru. Then the light turned green. Should have gotten his name so I know to go for him for any fix it's I might get in the future haha.
That is good news! I've heard the worse stories of RP police since they have to deal with SSU and many of them hate their job because of it.
Old 05-27-2009, 09:19 PM

Car Info: C:/ and D:/
Originally Posted by vodka
Key word in these 'was pulled over' posts, is CHP. Granted, all LEO's seem to be under pressure to pull in money for city/state right now, but CHP is the state's hooker. I mean that literally. They are making money for the state, every time they're issuing citations. Clearly the Pimp (cali) has smacked the hoe (CHP) and said "***** get out there and make me money", and the hoe has no choice. They're pullin' tricks (tint, exhaust, intake, etc) for any kind of money. I don't agree with what's happening, at all, but I understand that the CHP has to do their job, or get fired. I'm basically going to avoid any highways/interstates as often as possible, and take city patrolled streets, as SRPD has a history, for me at least, of being super cool about stuff if you're honest and level headed.

clearly i need a closer job, and not one that makes me take 101 all the way to larkspur and back every day then
Old 05-27-2009, 11:10 PM

Car Info: WRX STi '06 with extra stuff
For the guys who keep getting rolled...file a complaint. The officer should not make those type of statements to you and he has no business pulling you over if you are legal. Modified exhaust is not illegal and if you are legit, I would make that statement to the officer. And if he asks you to search your car tell him no!!! He can not do so unless you say OK or he has probable cause. If enough people file complaints and its the same officer the department will make adjustments...just my two cents...then again I would be willing to spend the night in jail rather than have some power trippin pig infringe and even offer an opinion on what I do with my car or life.
Old 05-27-2009, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by (V)aniac
For the guys who keep getting rolled...file a complaint. The officer should not make those type of statements to you and he has no business pulling you over if you are legal. Modified exhaust is not illegal and if you are legit, I would make that statement to the officer. And if he asks you to search your car tell him no!!! He can not do so unless you say OK or he has probable cause. If enough people file complaints and its the same officer the department will make adjustments...just my two cents...then again I would be willing to spend the night in jail rather than have some power trippin pig infringe and even offer an opinion on what I do with my car or life.
I would of but I was on my lunch break once and I don't have/trust anyone to get my car for me. That and I just don't want to give them any lip since I really don't want to go to state ref for no reason.
Old 05-28-2009, 02:06 PM

Car Info: 4日本車
Originally Posted by mjc1055
clearly i need a closer job, and not one that makes me take 101 all the way to larkspur and back every day then
I am pretty sure I saw you yesterday. The car looks amazing in person with those wheels and the spoiler. Even better than it looked in the pictures. Saw you go by on Santa Rosa Ave/Mendocino Ave past 7th St. downtown around 3:30-4pm I think. Right before Wednesday night market started. Sounded nice too. Lucky bastard with your AZ license plates. You could run a GT40R turbo with a 4" turboback with no cats and laugh at the cop because you're only "visiting" CA lol. You coming to eat mexican food at SR Taqueria this Sat around 6:30? You should so we can get a closer look at the ride.
Old 05-28-2009, 04:14 PM

Car Info: 2004 WRX STi, 1999 Forester L
Just wanted to give a shoutout to the wrb GC8 I saw getting on to Hwy 12 west from farmers lane while I was exiting. Beyond that, I finally got unlazy and reset my password so maybe i'll post my sitings in SR again.

Cheers
Old 05-28-2009, 05:41 PM

Car Info: '15 LE STI, '06 WRX White Wheeled Wagon, '06 B9
Originally Posted by 4eatme
Oh ok, Yeah I've actually never seen Irish Car Bomb around or his car surprisingly and I live off myrtle as well. There is one WRB wrx or sti with a wing (havn't got a good look, but newer than bugeye) that I have seen drive down myrtle/old redwood a few times. Anyways I'm sure we will run into each other sometime.
are you sure you havent seen me?

i always see a ugm 04-05 around myrtle, the live across from the park but never wrb subaru anything

i always keep the car garaged though

if there are this many of us ehere in cotati we should meet up and hit the bars

speaking of which is the thing still going down on the 30th?
Old 05-28-2009, 05:43 PM

Originally Posted by Irish_car_B0mb

OR

plus i would like to get these made soon if we can pick one or someone can make some other suggestions

nothing too complicated or it will cost more and right now its gonna be relatively cheap to do if it is kept simple
Old 05-28-2009, 05:53 PM

if there are this many of us ehere in cotati we should meet up and hit the bars
I'm not 21 until july 8

but i vote for this one since its super simple and it doesn;t have the lame norcal star n such

Name:  I-CLUBNORTHBAY.jpg
Views: 6
Size:  12.4 KB
Old 05-28-2009, 05:54 PM

Car Info: C:/ and D:/
Originally Posted by vodka
I am pretty sure I saw you yesterday. The car looks amazing in person with those wheels and the spoiler. Even better than it looked in the pictures. Saw you go by on Santa Rosa Ave/Mendocino Ave past 7th St. downtown around 3:30-4pm I think. Right before Wednesday night market started. Sounded nice too. Lucky bastard with your AZ license plates. You could run a GT40R turbo with a 4" turboback with no cats and laugh at the cop because you're only "visiting" CA lol. You coming to eat mexican food at SR Taqueria this Sat around 6:30? You should so we can get a closer look at the ride.
Hell yeah, I didn't know about the meet but I'd love to meet up with some folks on Saturday. You're talking about the Taqueria across from Big Lots, right?

And that's actually a brilliant idea. Since I was only planning to stay for a year before moving back, I think I'll just register the car in Arizona (was planning on reg'ing in California as soon as the title arrives) and keep my plates. I'm looking for work in Santa Rosa anyway, the freeway trip to and from Larkspur every day scares me every time I see the black and white on the side of the road

And I actually don't recall seeing you, were you not in a Subie at the time?
Old 05-28-2009, 05:58 PM

Quick Reply: NORTHBAY SIGHTINGS! POst your northbay sighting here