North Bay Wine Country Tour #2 (mid Feb)

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2004, 06:55 AM
VIP Member

Car Info: WRB WRX 2003 Subaru Sedan
North Bay Wine Country Tour #2 (mid Feb)

Well it's that time again to put together another Wine Tour. Maybe it's because i'm such a wino that i feel these need to be done. The last time i did one i met alot of really great people. Most if not all i still see on a regular basis.

Anyway. Right now the Tour / Meet is still in it's earlly stages. I'm still going over maps and doing drives to find the best route. Last time the drive was based from Sonoma Valley over to Napa Valley and finally up to Alexander Valley.
This time it's take place up in the Alexander Valley and then over to the Russian River Area. Doing our best to stay as far away from the crowdd wine areas. Don't worry though. If you enjoy GREAT wines i have just the right places for you. Or if you just feel like coming along for a unforgetable driving experience that too wil be satisfied.

Keep posted to this thread for future news and dates for the tour.

Hope to see all the old faces as well as some new ones.

rich (6:55am 01/04/04
Old 01-04-2004, 04:20 PM

im with ya rich
mid feb eh?
hopefully im around
Old 01-04-2004, 05:22 PM
VIP Member

ya the date isn't set yet. I was hoping to get a vote on who (the most) can go on what days. may even turn out to be early Feb. And yes, although the drive will involve fast driving on back and i mean back roads. It's still partner friendly. I'm planning on bringing Christina. and i hope Huck can bring Samantha. Maybe even JV and Lu will come. Even though they don't drink. That reminds me. How long until you Max can drink legally?
Old 01-04-2004, 07:14 PM

in what country?
Old 01-04-2004, 07:22 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 GR STi
^ Comedian.

I'm sure Samantha will be down to come along.
Old 01-05-2004, 01:14 PM
VIP Member

i was serious there Max. My guess is...... 20? but i think you just turned it over the summer. oh course i'm talking out my a$$ because i have no idea when your birthday is.

looks like the wine tour could be a long day again. This time with funner roads. May of which we've probably done with Pete already. But going the other direction. I'll be doing pre drives again next week. Hope some of you can come on those as well.

rich (1:14pm 01/05/04)
Old 01-05-2004, 01:54 PM
VIP Member

silly request that has nothing to do with the Tour / meet. Pete if you get this message is it possable for you to post the picture of Hucks & my car at the camp ground? I want it to go on my desktop. I the ones i have that you e-mailed me i can't get to work.

thank.
Old 01-05-2004, 03:24 PM

Car Info: '02 WRX - Blue
You'd think this would be great since I love to drive and I also love great wines. However, I don't like putting those two together since alcohol in my system turns me pink and that doesn't look good if I happen to run across a cop.

Last edited by Ayapon; 01-05-2004 at 04:31 PM.
Old 01-05-2004, 04:05 PM
250,000-mile Club President

Car Info: MBP 02 WRX wagon
Originally posted by bushido
silly request that has nothing to do with the Tour / meet. Pete if you get this message is it possable for you to post the picture of Hucks & my car at the camp ground? I want it to go on my desktop. I the ones i have that you e-mailed me i can't get to work.

thank.
They all should be on the CD I gave you afterwards too.....
Old 01-05-2004, 04:21 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX black 4eat
I would love to take a drive with you guys. Maybe by Feb. my back will be good enough for that long of a drive. With my new wheels and tires, I’m just itching to do something like this.

The last tour I did was of a brandy distillery in Oregon, I really got my moneys worth that day (pear brandy).
Old 01-05-2004, 04:29 PM

rich
heh
im 18
b-day is march 19th
Old 01-06-2004, 01:31 PM
VIP Member

max you are such a kid. It's a good thing i didn't have you drive faster on the freeway that day. You need more time behind the wheel.

Ayapon, don't worry we won't be drinking very much. Most of the meet will be the drive. We'll only have 2 (maybe 3 tops)
1) Geyser Peak Winery
2) Hanna Winery
3) Iron Horse Winery.

one and three are the for sure ones. Hanna is still up in the air. They all have amazing wines and i'm sure everyone will enjoy. We may skip Iron Horse that day if it rains. Because thier tasting room is outside. We will probably also be looking for a place to eat lunch. Last time we all had a picnic which worked out great. But the weather was much better then. I'll think it over alittle more.

Darkstar: happy to hear from you again. Last time we (or i ) saw you was on the drive out to the coast and back to Occedental. Hope life is good. And glad that the back continues to improve. talk to you all soon.

rich (1:31pm 01/06/04)
Old 01-06-2004, 01:33 PM
VIP Member

oh, and thanks Pete. I'll see if a can't pull the image.
Old 01-06-2004, 02:03 PM
VIP Member

Oh my desk top looks so cool. Thanks again Pete.

Hey can anyone do a drive next week during the week in the afternoons? I'll be heading up to Winsor and out towards Geyser rd up in the hills to see what the roads look like during the rainy season. Let me know people.
Old 01-06-2004, 02:17 PM

what days next week?

Quick Reply: North Bay Wine Country Tour #2 (mid Feb)