North Bay Meet & Drive "The Sequel" 2/13/04

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2004, 04:48 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 04 wrx
I hope you get home ok Bushido. That really sucked. Other than that i had a good time meeting up with you guys and doing the drive.
Old 02-13-2004, 05:01 PM

Car Info: 02 WRX black 4eat
I to just hope Bushido was able to limp back home alright. I will e-mail the pictures I have whenever he wants them. I only had a 8 MB compact flash card, so I was not able to take very many pictures.

Who left that huge oil slick? I’m getting mad about it.
Old 02-13-2004, 05:37 PM

what happened to bushido

2 more wrecks, FRIDAY THE 13TH!
Old 02-13-2004, 05:41 PM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
Yeah WTF!!!
Old 02-13-2004, 06:02 PM

I followed him home (until he was 5 miles away), and he was doing fine. The car needs an alighnment and who knows what else until they get in on a lift. I'm glad he was able to walk away from it and drive his car home. It could have been a lot worse and i'm glad it wasn't.

rich if you need anything let me know and i'll see if i can help you out...
Old 02-13-2004, 06:04 PM
more than meets the eye

Car Info: ?
woah, crazy, details please?
Old 02-13-2004, 06:06 PM

Car Info: '04WRX '88951 '02A4 Quattro
i think everyone is trying to save the details for Bushido. In brief there was a long oil slick that seemed to have a bad spot, that sent his WRX into a spin, parked it in a ditch.
Old 02-13-2004, 06:07 PM

We were about an hour into the drive and we were heading onto the road thats flat for 1/2 mile then clims real hard. Well as we were coming onto the road there is a soft left into a straight that you would accelerate out of. I was behind rich and i saw him start spinning left, but i thought he was going to recover. then he kept spinning. He slammed into the ditch that ran along the left side of the road, then he kept spinning, almost flipped then the car came to a stop pointing the other way on the left side of the road in the ditch. the top of his wheels were even with the road. then some guy with a winch came and saved the day!
Old 02-13-2004, 06:10 PM

and yes there was a HUGE oil slick. probably an oil truck as a car that would have leaked that much oil would have been seized just up the road.
Old 02-13-2004, 06:11 PM

me, huck and miles went, and i dunno about them, but i didn't see this oil patch.. was it past jenner?
Old 02-13-2004, 06:11 PM
Yeah, You've Probably Never Heard Of Me.

Car Info: 345/30/19s
holy ****!!

alot of body damage? theres a bunch of WRB parts on Ebay right now like doors/headlights
Old 02-13-2004, 06:12 PM

it was the road you turn onto (off of hwy 1) that is right after the palce where we all met after we split for dirt/tarmac last time.
Old 02-13-2004, 06:14 PM

little to no body damage, surprisingly considering he slammed his front into the ditch. he said that the wheels start to shake over 40 though, so there is structural damage, or hopefully just a whacked alignment.
Old 02-13-2004, 06:26 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: WRB WRX 2003 Subaru Sedan
Well guys i made it home. I would first like to start by saying "Thank You" to some of the nicest, most caring people i've ever had the pleasure in driving with.
1) Richard (who followed me all the way back)
2) Noal (who even with the bad back straind to get my car out)
3) Vince (and his 2 friends) (who made me feel like it was going to be ok)
4) John ( for directing traffic and keeping a cool head)

also, thanks for paying that guy the $30 to get me out of the ditch.

Here's what happened.
Driving north of Jenner on Hwy1 we turned onto Meyes Grade. There on the very first corner my car got totally out of shape. I thought it had to be the rain on the reflectors in the middle of the road.
Continuing along at about 40-45 mph i come onto the second corner. A long sweeping turn to the left. I think nothing about it because of my speed and the corner it self. Anyway i didn't notice the river of oil that ran the width of the road all the way up the hill. Before i knew it the back end of the car was beginning to be equal with the front end. Then the car hit the enbankment and sent me flying though the air. Landing me backwards on the other side of the road in a ditch about 4 ft wide and 2 feet deep. luckily for me and the car it was at an angle of one side of the ditch.
I don't really know how bad the damage is i'll be finding out tomorrow. But the car sounds like $hit and the whole thing shakes when driven over 40mph.

i thank all of you guy once again for helping me out.

-rich
Old 02-13-2004, 06:26 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: 2013 GR STi
Sorry to hear for Rich. Bushido, give us the details.

By the way, we (Miles, Max, myself and co-pilots) all showed up at the Cheesecake factory but everyone had already left. I had some problems getting my car back together which pushed us about 20 or so minutes late. We tried to catch up with everyone...

... but to no avail. So we drove home and I got hit by some lady who ended up going to the hospital (with chest pains) and my car is now immobile. Front left fender is destroyed and wheel is way out of place. It's leaning funny to that side also. My car's been sitting in pieces in my garage for a week and not 4 hours after I finally get it running it's now crunched.

Yay for today. I'm pouring myself a nice TALL vodka tonic and going to go clean up the garage.

Quick Reply: North Bay Meet & Drive "The Sequel" 2/13/04