New competition for the M3?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 11:23 PM
9 to 5 mod

Car Info: 03 Impreza WRX
Originally Posted by ucbsti
do you guys got beef? Old lover's quarrel? Did he cheat on you with DO?
ive been pissed at him since he wouldnt pay my psychologist bills

when we were all in vegas i walked in on him and soggy being "intimate"
Old 08-02-2007, 11:24 PM
9 to 5 mod

Originally Posted by blue blurr
Why in gods name would you want to do that
because it came with an NA 4 cyl

you have to drop BIG bucks to make that fast

stroke it and poke it head ect.

but evo motor
Old 08-02-2007, 11:25 PM
9 to 5 mod

Originally Posted by 06STi
350 small block?
you throw off the 50/50 distribution
Old 08-02-2007, 11:32 PM
9 to 5 mod

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCo00asduEQ

the only thing cool to do with an E36
Old 08-04-2007, 12:24 AM

Car Info: baby blue TRICK STAR on pink TUFF II's (MIA) =(
too lazy to quote some of the various comments, but here are a few random thoughts.........

1. you will NOT be able to just walk into a MB dealership and scoop up one of them c63's for $60k........sticker/msrp is way more than that, and dudes are allegedly already paying premiums to the tune of $85k. i wanna even say that i read more than a couple separate accounts claiming some guys are plunking down the outrageous sum of $110k just to get one those babies EARLY. :eek

all that crazine$$+$ticker$hock makes me think a pre-owned m5 for about the same price or likely even less is a much better option. ....more room + more than adequate stomping power for the street =

2. as much as i'm happy to see mb FINALLY getting w/the program and injecting some youth+vigor into their brand & rides, they've got a whole lota catching up to do. bmw is far far ahead of their fellow krautheads. bimmers have always been more sporty and so have their clientele mb's new black series rides better knock the BM'ers on their a$#es......literally and figuratively cuz if not, they are in SERIOUS trouble. Daimler/MBZ & Daimler itself are in the craphole.

so, yes, i concur w/the others BMW >>>> MBZ (esp their new breed ones post takeover.....i have friends that are Mercedes + German techs. the new ones suck a$#)

3. yes, yes, e30 m3 is one of the G.O.A.T. enthusiast cars of all time. i shoulda bought one of my buddies' while i had a chance....white one and a red one that both guys let go a coupla years before i got my bugeye. both were CLEAN+unmolested too. hence, i settled for my bugeye cuz i just HAD to have those e30 m3-esque box flares.

having said all of that, i am curious like everyone else to finally see one of those c63's on the street tho. one of my socal boys has made the jump from bmw fanboy to the darkside and says he'll stick w/mbz's from now on, so maybe i can convince him waste more of his dough, so i can take a whack at it. he's about due for switch.
Old 08-04-2007, 11:04 AM

Car Info: GT35R, Meth
Mercedes >>>>> BMW because 30% of the people driving BMW are funded by their parents. Either directly or "er I'm working.... for my parents" And another 40% of the people driving BMW are fobs from Hong Kong/Taiwan who, because Asian people don't like to save money and because cars are so much more expensive in Asia, spend all their 40-50k salary on a 40-50k car. And another 20% are "I just bought this pimp bimmer.... but I live at home so the $600-1000/month I would be using to pay for rent in the bay area, is financing my car"

Yes, that's my rant about why Mercedes >>>> BMW.

Joking aside, I do love BMW for the complete cars they build - I went and test drove an M5 (after waiting an hour for a credit check and bringing proof of income...) and it just *feels* good to drive. With M mode on you can slalom around at freeway speeds pretty much like an STI - doesn't feel like 4000lbs at all. And with M mode off the suspension softens and it's night and day - all of a sudden the bumpy freeway disappears into smooth riding. It's 7 speed auto/smg paddleshifting, but for a luxury car like that who wants to be jerking around passengers with a stick shift anyhow? Perfect all rounder car but I wish it had a bit more power (500hp doesn't go that far with that weight, and it's kind of sluggish below 6000-6500 rpm, you just expect a big car like that to have a bit more lowend grunt) That and I can't really afford to buy a new one lol. Sigh.