New BAIC Off Topic section coming

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 04:09 PM
mot
Likes The Color Purple

Car Info: plug-in prius
Originally Posted by charlesj
AKA option A

I do not disagree with this option at all. We did not however think that it would be more popular than giving the BAIC their own OT section. If it is, so be it
i know. i just wanted to put it in my own words.

xing lao lao agree with darkonion. "um yeah..."
Old 07-31-2007, 04:10 PM
250,000-mile Club President

Car Info: MBP 02 WRX wagon
Seriously, if this kind of remote control is going to happen to our local forum without some sort of poll or user input, I will find other places to play.

Its not that hard.

A little respect for the community shouldn't be all that much to ask for.
Old 07-31-2007, 04:11 PM

Car Info: I is not STiYLIN n e moar
Originally Posted by midnitewrx02
heres what you do... you count the number of ppl who are complaining.. and you count the ppl who are not complaining.. whoever has the most, wins..simple right? i think baic should pretty much stay the way it is.. oh and if it does come down to some type of change.. the ppl whould choose via poll...its simply the best way

Haha he thinks people are complaining now.......

If a lot of members who don't even live in the BAIC (um me) are members that should say somehing about the community/group right there. Well that and I grew up in Richmond (El Sobrante) It's pretty much the "NorCal" forum in my eyes.
Old 07-31-2007, 04:13 PM
VIP Member

Car Info: this required information?
Leave BAIC how it is. Why change it when it works perfectly fine??

You guys are ****ing yourselves over and pretty soon were all going to leave this god damn place.
Old 07-31-2007, 04:13 PM

Car Info: I is not STiYLIN n e moar
90 percent of that is fine. I think that topics that have no regional specific relevance should go in a more appropriate section as this is a national site. For example, a thread about what turbo to out on a STI, or questions about swapping a V8 sti motor into a GC have far more appropriate sections to go in where more people can get involved. As such, those should be moved.

It is not always as simple to just not go into threads. If you go to a forum looking for regional topics of interest, and they are diluted 20 to 1 (exaggeration) by random OT threads, it makes it harder to find what you are looking for.

My one worry with a vote here is that we are only going to here from the vocal minority which is why I choose to put it up as a discussion first.
Sure the technical stuff needs to be moved, but that's it. Let us play and be happy.

Also a private poll would let the less vocal get their opinion in .

Last edited by STiYLIN; 07-31-2007 at 04:19 PM.
Old 07-31-2007, 04:15 PM
mot
Likes The Color Purple

Long Live XING LAO LAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-31-2007, 04:23 PM

90 percent of that is fine. I think that topics that have no regional specific relevance should go in a more appropriate section as this is a national site.
I would beg to disagree, the regional forums are just what they are called- REGIONAL forums, the "National" (-actually international, as I don't think the internet has a US section separate from the rest of the world) aspect of the general and tech forums is one place where I'd say your efforts would meet less resistance.

For example, a thread about what turbo to out on a STI, or questions about swapping a V8 sti motor into a GC have far more appropriate sections to go in where more people can get involved. As such, those should be moved.
If the OP intended their question or the subject of their thread to go out to everyone in the world, they would have posted them there, BUT if they want to consult with the local members on such a subject- or any subject for that matter, the regional forum should be the place to do that WITHOUT "National" interference.

It is not always as simple to just not go into threads. If you go to a forum looking for regional topics of interest, and they are diluted 20 to 1 (exaggeration) by random OT threads, it makes it harder to find what you are looking for.
Again, the local forum should be where local members can post stuff for each others consumption, if you go to some other regions regional forum "looking for regional topics of interest" you should expect a fair amount of local BS there, the search tool should be helpful in narrowing your inquiry, or you can always start your own thread of inquiry on said "regional topics".

My one worry with a vote here is that we are only going to here from the vocal minority which is why I choose to put it up as a discussion first.
C'mon Charles- be real please, you didn't post this as a discussion, you posted it as "this is what will happen", which is why it has turned into such an heated discussion- because most of this regional community does not agree with the idea.
Old 07-31-2007, 04:23 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Ogre

Car Info: GUNATICS.COM
This BAIC OT forum will be to contain totally useless troll threads like "xing lao lao". etc...

I don't think a huge amount of the BAIC threads will be moved unless its total immature ramblings by kids with their inside jokes.

The end.
Old 07-31-2007, 04:25 PM

Car Info: 2009 A3 2.0T quattro

But you didn't put it up as a discussion, you put it up as a dicatation:
Due to the large number of off topic threads in this section, we are going to try out a BAIC OT subsection. ALL OT threads that are relevant only to the BAIC should go in this new section. All non BAIC specific OT threads should go in random thoughts. The new section will be up in the next couple days
There's no mention of discussion in there.
Old 07-31-2007, 04:32 PM
I <3 White Girls

Car Info: E92 M3, E70, F32, E21
Originally Posted by brucelee
This BAIC OT forum will be to contain totally useless troll threads like "xing lao lao". etc...

I don't think a huge amount of the BAIC threads will be moved unless its total immature ramblings by kids with their inside jokes.

The end.

How about the kids who have nothing better to do than to post pictures of guns?

That to me is as silly as a "useless immature rambling"

Can we put all your useless threads in that section too?
Old 07-31-2007, 04:34 PM

The end.

"xing lao lao" and other "total immature ramblings" already have a perfectly appropriate forum to be sent to;

https://www.i-club.com/forums/dumpster-18/
Old 07-31-2007, 04:35 PM

Car Info: 2006 evo IX
we need a picture of a circle here

And a arrow, pointing to the outside of teh circle

and some words and such
Old 07-31-2007, 04:35 PM
mot
Likes The Color Purple

Originally Posted by Zoeb2s
How about the kids who have nothing better to do than to post pictures of guns?

That to me is as silly as a "useless immature rambling"

Can we put all your useless threads in that section too?
i actually would consider all those gun posting in our xing lao lao thread spamming. NTIA. get that sh*t outta here!
Old 07-31-2007, 04:36 PM
KareBear

Car Info: '07 SWP STi

The end.
Hmmm...it's not so much an inside joke if you attend the meet. Is your problem with XLL due to the fact that you have no clue what it is or the fact that you don't like the many people involved in the XLL revolution? Let's try to be unbiased here.
Old 07-31-2007, 04:37 PM
Staff Member

Car Info: 06 STI
OK, I am going to close this thread and start a pole thread

To the couple of people that said I did not post it as a discussion, I do apologize for my wording as it was intended to be a discussion of a plan to be implemented. Had I thought there would be this much heated discussion, I would have worded it differently.

Closing thread

Quick Reply: New BAIC Off Topic section coming